Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

GT... I don’t really visit any other fan websites. Do you know of anyone else out there producing comparable Video Analysis like yours for their own fan bases? Or is it just here on LakersGround? That would be crazy to me if we’re the Only ones getting to enjoy this kinda stuff.

🙏👊🙏
KOBE2007MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Let's face it guys, Lonzo is exposed he just can't shoot! He can do everything else but he just can't shoot. I'm starting to give up on him
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Let's face it guys, Lonzo is exposed he just can't shoot! He can do everything else but he just can't shoot. I'm starting to give up on him

He can shoot but he can’t finish around the rim. But it’ll come with time.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Thank you. So instructive to me (and I am an old guy who has seen games for 60 years plus.) Do the players ever seriously take a look at your work? Wow.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

JM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Thank you. So instructive to me (and I am an old guy who has seen games for 60 years plus.) Do the players ever seriously take a look at your work? Wow.

Thank you very much, JM. I'm glad you enjoy them. I don't think any of the players watch my videos though.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Podcast: Middle Ground

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/middle-ground
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
JM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Thank you very much, JM. I'm glad you enjoy them. I don't think any of the players watch my videos though.

They should. And the coaching staff, too.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

This episode is an especially good one to listen to. Thanks guys for the high level insight
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

This episode is an especially good one to listen to. Thanks guys for the high level insight

Appreciate that, Drae.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
[/youtube]

Fanfriggintastic. I got educated watching this.

While watching it, I thought the same thing as others - could the Lakers please watch this slash do they or did they or will they work on his seemingly straightfwd flaws? I don't know how fully correctable such ingrained habits can be (could be fully, just don't know), but some, like that final too-big step, seem pretty workable to a degree at least. Also the leaning fwd shooting.

And that lack of one leg jump vs his time-consuming gather on two legs jump - is that related to his injury this summer and possible continuing recovery/confidence in his leg, or did he never jump off one leg in HS/UCLA to finish? I don't even know if it's the same leg.

Hmm, it does look like that wrapped leg is the thing. Look how he sort of pulls in his left leg after jumping almost like he's sort of protecting it from doing too much after the initial hop maybe making the other side do more work. Probably messes up his left right balance too if so. I can see why he may be hampered if and until he's fully solid and confident there.

I'm with the others - just slip a card or drive with these clips on it into luke or miles' pocket on the sly
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

This is off topic, from 50:00-56:00 makes me cry like a baby every time -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0P5imD5hXg
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Video: A glimpse at the defensive potential of the Lakers

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/11/30/18119305/laker-film-room-defensive-potential-lakers-video-breakdown-youtube-twitter-brandon-ingram-lonzo-ball
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/11/30/18119305/laker-film-room-defensive-potential-lakers-video-breakdown-youtube-twitter-brandon-ingram-lonzo-ball

Thanks, GT! This team is a work in progress. Hopefully, it won't take too long for them to play more consistently (and do not have to rely too much and too often on Lebron)
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Good stuff, GT.

While I agree with you about Lonzo getting more life off of one foot if he were able to plant closer underneath his center of mass, the reality is he's just not a very good single leg jumper, and one leg running vert is not a very trainable quality (in relation, for instance, to a standing two legged counter-movement jump which can be markedly improved with squats). Sure, there are things that can be done -- plyos and such -- which can help in regard to tendon elasticity, the location of his tendon attachments, rate coding, and other central nervous system stuff (which are primarily genetic) will always play the predominant role in a very reactionary athletic movement like one legged vert.

In a related note, and something you might want to consider for a future vid, I can't believe 1 year + into his pro career that no one has noticed how, whenever he jumps off of one leg, Josh Hart always jumps off of of the "wrong" leg! I challenge anyone to find a clip of him planting with the traditional left leg of a right hander... maybe he was injured as a kid... or a left footed kicker? Very unusual.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

RYZ wrote:
Good stuff, GT.

While I agree with you about Lonzo getting more life off of one foot if he were able to plant closer underneath his center of mass, the reality is he's just not a very good single leg jumper, and one leg running vert is not a very trainable quality (in relation, for instance, to a standing two legged counter-movement jump which can be markedly improved with squats). Sure, there are things that can be done -- plyos and such -- which can help in regard to tendon elasticity, the location of his tendon attachments, rate coding, and other central nervous system stuff (which are primarily genetic) will always play the predominant role in a very reactionary athletic movement like one legged vert.

In a related note, and something you might want to consider for a future vid, I can't believe 1 year + into his pro career that no one has noticed how, whenever he jumps off of one leg, Josh Hart always jumps off of of the "wrong" leg! I challenge anyone to find a clip of him planting with the traditional left leg of a right hander... maybe he was injured as a kid... or a left footed kicker? Very unusual.

Haha, I've actually asked Josh about this. 5:00 mark of this video.

JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Thanks, GT! This team is a work in progress. Hopefully, it won't take too long for them to play more consistently (and do not have to rely too much and too often on Lebron)

Ditto. Thanks.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
RYZ wrote:
Good stuff, GT.

love this
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
RYZ wrote:
Good stuff, GT.

Well done, sir! He never really answers your question, but I can't believe it's conscious, because he does it even when he's in the open floor and/or times when it clearly makes the shot more awkward. That said, I too believe that it helps throw off the timing of the defenders. Steve Nash very intentionally and masterfully used to do this when running the baseline to catch defenders unprepared to jump, though I'm convinced his back paid a hefty price for it over the course of his career.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

Just had a chance to watch the latest vid on Lonzo. Scouting reports noted his problems finishing at the rim, but I never understood why until now. Seems like these are basic techniques that he should have been taught when he was a kid. Maybe he was too good at the time and no one it would be a problem later on - kind of like his shot.

Well the good news is that he should be able to learn these things and get better if he puts the time in.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject:

Great content as always GT.

Gotta say though, footwork on drives is quite secondary to dexterity and adjustment.

There will usually be defenders in your way anyway and your going to have to attack the opposition where they are not more times than often and that is going to lead to a diverse range of feet placement patterns right up to the point of discomfort ie digression from the norm.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
JM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Speak it into existence!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Hey GT, do you know if anyone's writing about Jeanie's hostile takeover? I'm still curious about who the source was for Kevin Ding's article contrasting Jeanie's magnanimity after losing her dog with Mitch's reluctance to bring up the death of his teenage daughter at work.

Remember that? Is anyone writing about that?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Hey GT, do you know if anyone's writing about Jeanie's hostile takeover? I'm still curious about who the source was for Kevin Ding's article contrasting Jeanie's magnanimity after losing her dog with Mitch's reluctance to bring up the death of his teenage daughter at work.

I don't really read much content that covers the off-the-court stuff, but I'd very surprised if someone was.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I don't really read much content that covers the off-the-court stuff, but I'd very surprised if someone was.

Have you ever interacted with ownership?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 75 of 93
Jump to: