Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Ortiz Lidell how many times have these two fought each other

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/tito-ortiz-believes-chuck-liddell-is-sandbagging-during-public-training-sessions
Quote:
The matchup between Ortiz, 43, and Liddell, 48 will mark the third meeting between former UFC light-heavyweight titleholders. Ortiz was stopped with strikes in the second round at UFC 47 in April 2004, then put away by TKO in the third round of the rematch at UFC 66 in December 2006.

Is Dana looking for sponsorships from AARP?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

How many times? Soon to be one too many.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

That fight will be for the Metamucil Championship.

Chuck looks absolutely terrible in the workouts of him I've seen. Tito might do some permanent damage to him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
That fight will be for the Metamucil Championship.

Chuck looks absolutely terrible in the workouts of him I've seen. Tito might do some permanent damage to him.

Some are saying he's sandbagging
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

Chuck should NEVER be allowed to fight again or the commissions are an even bigger joke than we think. Top 5 worst fights of all time easily.

Ngannou BYKE with a big win though it may have been stopped early
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Ortiz Lidell how many times have these two fought each other

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/tito-ortiz-believes-chuck-liddell-is-sandbagging-during-public-training-sessions
Quote:
The matchup between Ortiz, 43, and Liddell, 48 will mark the third meeting between former UFC light-heavyweight titleholders. Ortiz was stopped with strikes in the second round at UFC 47 in April 2004, then put away by TKO in the third round of the rematch at UFC 66 in December 2006.

Is Dana looking for sponsorships from AARP?

Ken Shamrock gets winner.

Ortiz vs Shamrock 4 - THIS ONE IS FOR ALL THE MARBLES.

In all seriousness that was god awful. UFC put on a pretty damn good show tonight. Man when Ngannous hits a b#####, game over.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

Like golf, this is the UFC Senior Circuit, I guess they need to do it, otherwise Bellator will host it..

RIP Kimbo Slice
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Chuck Liddell looked like one of those old drunk Russians from that famed YouTube street fight video. I’d be willing to wager that all of us in this thread could beat him. Ice Man is right. Dude is STIFF.

Oscar De La Hoya should be sentenced to 1,000 hours of community service for that “show.” And here I thought Don King was without shame.

Tito, Tito, Tito. The only thing as sad as Liddell’s rigor mortus was Tito’s celebratory eruption.

Ngannou barely seemed to clip the top of Blaydes head and it was all it took.

He’s still dangerous but Stipe still got him shook.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Chuck Liddell looked like one of those old drunk Russians from that famed YouTube street fight video. I’d be willing to wager that all of us in this thread could beat him. Ice Man is right. Dude is STIFF.

Oscar De La Hoya should be sentenced to 1,000 hours of community service for that “show.” And here I thought Don King was without shame.

Tito, Tito, Tito. The only thing as sad as Liddell’s rigor mortus was Tito’s celebratory eruption.

Ngannou barely seemed to clip the top of Blaydes head and it was all it took.

He’s still dangerous but Stipe still got him shook.

how did his coaches and the athletic commission allow it to happen? VERY SAD.

I hope Oscar lost money
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I hope Oscar lost money

Whatever amount Liddell wound up getting paid isn't worth the brain cells.

Tito hasn't KO'd anyone with strikes for 12 years. 2006!!! And guess who that came against? Broke ass Ken "Methuselah" Shamrock.

Maybe DLH can match Tito up with Randy Couture to avenge another loss. The Natural is 55 years old so he fits the age bracket.

Should change his name to the Hometown Buffet Bad Boy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I hope Oscar lost money

Tito hasn't KO'd anyone with strikes for 12 years. 2006!!! And guess who that came against? Broke ass Ken "Methuselah" Shamrock.

Maybe DLH can match Tito up with Randy Couture to avenge another loss. The Natural is 55 years old so he fits the age bracket.

Golden girls MMA?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I hope Oscar lost money

Golden girls MMA?

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

GtR who ya got in Adesanya vs Silva?

Also Paulo vs Romero?

UFC should put those on the same card. Call it the changing of the guard lol
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Also Paulo vs Romero?

Can't imagine betting against Style Bender, given the circumstances: Silva's age, layoff & doping history. If Spider pulls out a W, his legend only grows but I just can't see how he can shake off the rust and turn it back. But I actually hope I'm wrong.

Hard for me to imagine Romero not finding a way to win that one. Paulo hits hard and all but Yoel has a bowling ball for a head. I think Costa may break his hand LOL.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Also Paulo vs Romero?

Can't imagine betting against Style Bender, given the circumstances: Silva's age, layoff & doping history. If Spider pulls out a W, his legend only grows but I just can't see how he can shake off the rust and turn it back. But I actually hope I'm wrong.

Hard for me to imagine Romero not finding a way to win that one. Paulo hits hard and all but Yoel has a bowling ball for a head. I think Costa may break his hand LOL.

Supposedly Silva's been promised a title shot if he wins and it's hard to say he wouldn't be deserving based on his past accomplishments and beating a young buck like adesanya would be another big one.

I think Romero's defense will be too good for Paulo. He was getting destroyed by Uriah's jab, so Romero should be able to outstrike him easily
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Tai Tuivasa took a pretty good L from JDS but damn, he and his camp sure botched that one. Dude landed exactly 2 front leg kicks and each one was as punishing as you'll see. All he needed to do was land one more and that lead leg would have been amputated.

Credit to JDS though. That guy is as smart as he is a great boxer. Stud.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Also Paulo vs Romero?

I struggle with 2 things when it comes to predicting The Adesanya vs Silva fight:
1. I don't generally like to pick against Silva. Even at this point, he is still as dangerous as they come, and is still the most fluid striker I have ever seen. Even this version of him is still a dangerous opponent for anyone.

2. I have a slight suspicion that this fight is too soon for Style Bender. I know he's at the point where he needs a bigger fight, but nobody in the history of MMA would ever be able to look at Anderson and think "this is a good matchup for me stylistically" It's like Anderson fighting a younger version of himself, so Anderson will have a good idea of how to prepare against that.

Tough to pick this one, so I'm going with nostalgia and saying Silva.

Definitely agree on Romero though, too big and strong.

Really looking forward to Holloway vs Ortega. Max is one of my favorites to watch, and I think Ortega has a lot of potential too. If Max is 100%, I think he gets it done. His aggressiveness and his motor will be the deciding factors for me.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Also Paulo vs Romero?

I struggle with 2 things when it comes to predicting The Adesanya vs Silva fight:
1. I don't generally like to pick against Silva. Even at this point, he is still as dangerous as they come, and is still the most fluid striker I have ever seen. Even this version of him is still a dangerous opponent for anyone.

2. I have a slight suspicion that this fight is too soon for Style Bender. I know he's at the point where he needs a bigger fight, but nobody in the history of MMA would ever be able to look at Anderson and think "this is a good matchup for me stylistically" It's like Anderson fighting a younger version of himself, so Anderson will have a good idea of how to prepare against that.

Tough to pick this one, so I'm going with nostalgia and saying Silva.

Definitely agree on Romero though, too big and strong.

Really looking forward to Holloway vs Ortega. Max is one of my favorites to watch, and I think Ortega has a lot of potential too. If Max is 100%, I think he gets it done. His aggressiveness and his motor will be the deciding factors for me.

Max and Ortega should be a fun fight. I do find myself feeling that it's just T-City's time now. Factoring in Holloway's health is probably the clincher for me. The Hawaiian's height is definitely a positive for him because Ortega just looks big for a lightweight. Broad shoulders and never looks gaunt during his weight cut. It's crazy. I honestly don't know how he does it.

Ortega's boxing has been underrated and especially the defensive side. I like both fighters a ton but I just think that chin of Ortega's (Max has mostly been a volume striker) combined with his improving striking will eventually get this match to the mat and then, it's all over, "and new." We'll see.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Would someone PLEASE tell Dan Hardy to shut up?

He talks constantly, check that, he "babbles" constantly!

We don't need a constant description of what is happening, I can see he got a take down, I can see one guy has the other in a head-lock, sheesh, he is relentless and non-stop..

ugh!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Would someone PLEASE tell Dan Hardy to shut up?

He talks constantly, check that, he "babbles" constantly!

We don't need a constant description of what is happening, I can see he got a take down, I can see one guy has the other in a head-lock, sheesh, he is relentless and non-stop..

ugh!

He also makes his analysis "personal" sometimes. How he covered Woodley vs Till showed his bias
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to watching the main events tonight. Who do you guys got? Gambling sites have Ortega as the favorite -125 and Shevchenko -350.

Halloway vs Ortega
Shevchenko vs Jedrzejczyk
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I have Ortega and Shevchenko winning as well.

Don’t know how Max will look after all the injuries

Bullet has already beaten JJ 3 times in Muay Thai. I don’t see this one going any different unless it somehow winds up on the ground
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

That elbow by Gunnar Nelson on Cowboy's face was brutal.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Shevchenko to good.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Shevchenko to good.

She has some of the best kicks in the UFC. They come out of nowhere with such pop.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 462 of 499
Jump to: