**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Non-PPR league, due to injuries I have to choose between Hines and Riddick. Suggestions?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Non-PPR league, due to injuries I have to choose between Hines and Riddick. Suggestions?

Hines if Mack is out.

Riddick if Mack plays. IMO.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Need some help guys, I need to win this week to secure the last playoff spot.

How would you rank these defenses? I have the texans but and picked up the Seahawks vs SF to play instead but there is also:

Broncos @ Cin - Dalton is out and not sure about Green
Colts @ Jax - Bortles is benched & Fournette suspended

Should i stick with Seattle or play one of these others?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

How would you rank these defenses? I have the texans but and picked up the Seahawks vs SF to play instead but there is also:

Do you need to play it safe or shoot for the stars?

If you can play it safe, I'd play Seattle.

If you need pick 6s and other defensive TD potential, I'd go with Colts @ Jax.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I'm going with the Broncos.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Ha idk, I'm going up against Matt Ryan/Dion Lewis/Saquon/Edelman/Lockett/Rudolph/Amari and the Bears D. He has AJ Green on the bench in case he plays.. Barkley has been killing it but he IS going against Chicago.. I'm hoping Cooper does not have a repeat of last week.

I'll do some digging to see which D to start but I'm also not sure which two to start out of Chubb @ Hou, DJ @ GB, Conner vs LAC & Mixon vs Den..
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I'm going with the Broncos.
Just picked them up ha just in case
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Hines if Mack is out.

Riddick if Mack plays. IMO.

Agree with this totally.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I would go with Seattle as the safest choice here, although they all have upside potential for big weeks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Ha idk, I'm going up against Matt Ryan/Dion Lewis/Saquon/Edelman/Lockett/Rudolph/Amari and the Bears D. He has AJ Green on the bench in case he plays.. Barkley has been killing it but he IS going against Chicago.. I'm hoping Cooper does not have a repeat of last week.

I'll do some digging to see which D to start but I'm also not sure which two to start out of Chubb @ Hou, DJ @ GB, Conner vs LAC & Mixon vs Den..

I'm going back to the Conner well, and I think I'd choose Chubb second, but you could talk me into Mixon. I'd have DJ a clear fourth, as Arizona is a massive underdog on the road and they play terrible in 10AM PST starts.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
What do you guys think of Justin Jackson (ROS)? Is it the Ekeler show with Gordon out, or will Ekeler's role stay the same with Jackson taking most of Gordon's carries?

I've seen some experts say it could be a pretty even split, but I tend to think Ekeler will get the vast majority of work. The Chargers are super high on him, and I don't think that one game against Tennessee where Gordon was out and Ekeler didn't play that well will deter them too much from giving him a full workload.

Jackson looked solid at the end of last week, but he didn't show all that much when he got his chance in preseason.. He actually got cut and sent to the PS in favor of another RB.

Yeah, I'd expect Ekeler to probably receive 2/3 of the work, so I guess that means that Jackson would be startable in only the deepest of leagues as a desperation flex. But he is probably worth an add in deeper leagues at least as a bench stash to see what happens.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I'm going back to the Conner well, and I think I'd choose Chubb second, but you could talk me into Mixon. I'd have DJ a clear fourth, as Arizona is a massive underdog on the road and they play terrible in 10AM PST starts.
Thank you, I didn't know that about the cards.. Certainly makes DJ less appealing. Really hope this is a get right game for Conner too. He just has not looked the same lately. I'd trust Mixon more if the offense were healthy otherwise I feel like Broncos will just focus on Mixon and take him away.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

In one of my leagues (where a win this week secures me a bye next week), I have to decide between Brees and Big Ben at QB. I feel like it's close to a coin flip. This league's scoring only gives you 1 point per 50 yards passing, and 6 points for passing TD's, so the TD passes are really at a premium. Brees does so much better at home, and so does Ben, so I'm thinking of going with Ben. Brees does do better in road domed games, as this one is tonight, but I'm thinking that this is more of a floor week for Brees. That said, they are putting up Rams-like point totals for the past couple of months.

I think I'm going to go with Ben.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
In one of my leagues (where a win this week secures me a bye next week), I have to decide between Brees and Big Ben at QB. I feel like it's close to a coin flip. This league's scoring only gives you 1 point per 50 yards passing, and 6 points for passing TD's, so the TD passes are really at a premium. Brees does so much better at home, and so does Ben, so I'm thinking of going with Ben. Brees does do better in road domed games, as this one is tonight, but I'm thinking that this is more of a floor week for Brees. That said, they are putting up Rams-like point totals for the past couple of months.

I would too. That Steelers Chargers game has potential for a lot of points. More volume for Ben vs Brees. I could see the saints taking the lead and just running the ball to kill the clock.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I would too. That Steelers Chargers game has potential for a lot of points. More volume for Ben vs Brees. I could see the saints taking the lead and just running the ball to kill the clock.

Always feels good to avoid a stinker of a game. Would be pretty hard for Ben to do worse than Brees did tonight.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Always feels good to avoid a stinker of a game. Would be pretty hard for Ben to do worse than Brees did tonight.

Gutsy move. I would have never benched Brees for Ben, especially if this were a playoff week.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

So glad I sat Ingram.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Run, don't walk, to your league's website and pick up Spencer Ware if he's still available. There is a very realistic chance that Kareem Hunt does not play again this year, if ever. Find the space to add him. He could be an RB1 for you the rest of the way. I had already added him on the one team where I had Hunt, but in my other 2 leagues I was just able to add him.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Run, don't walk, to your league's website and pick up Spencer Ware if he's still available. There is a very realistic chance that Kareem Hunt does not play again this year, if ever. Find the space to add him. He could be an RB1 for you the rest of the way. I had already added him on the one team where I had Hunt, but in my other 2 leagues I was just able to add him.

How much of an penalty do you think the NFL gives him now? The incident took place back in February, and how long has the NFL known about this?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Gutsy move. I would have never benched Brees for Ben, especially if this were a playoff week.

I've played Ben over Drew at least two other times this season, when Drew was on the road and Ben was at home. They both have such stark home/road splits. Some will tell you that it's a waste of a roster spot to have a backup to Brees where you only start 1 QB, but this is why I don't think that it is. Admittedly, I didn't think Brees would be a bad option, but I did think his floor was much lower last night. There are just certain outdoor games where you know Brees won't do as well, and that's why I thought it was important to get a nice backup to him after I drafted him in that league.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

How much of an penalty do you think the NFL gives him now? The incident took place back in February, and how long has the NFL known about this?

It's just like the Ray Rice thing. When there is actual video of it, so everyone can see it, the optics for the league are awful here. Just brutally awful. I know that it usually takes the NFL weeks to issue discipline on things, but this may not be one of those things. They may take a hard-line stance and suspend him immediately, or the Chiefs may do it themselves, and issue some statement like "while we were aware of the incident back in February, we were not aware of the disturbing things that are shown on the video", or something like that.

At a minimum, he is getting a 6-game suspension, and it's just a matter of whether that happens this year or next. At a maximum, the league Ray Rice-s him.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Picked up Ware in both leagues. I've got Hunt in one, where I'm the #1 seed going into the last week of the season. He's not a huge loss (I'd still have Kamara and Conner) but at worst, I've prevented anyone from using him to beat me.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Picked up Ware in both leagues. I've got Hunt in one, where I'm the #1 seed going into the last week of the season. He's not a huge loss (I'd still have Kamara and Conner) but at worst, I've prevented anyone from using him to beat me.

Yeah, I have him in all 3 of my leagues now. Just picked him up in my other 2. One was an easy drop (MVS) to get him, but in the other I had to drop Gus Edwards. (You're only allowed to carry 4 RB's in that league and I have Zeke, Chubb, Breida, and now Ware.)
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Ware was not available in any of my leagues. I actually traded him a few weeks ago as a through-away trade because I needed the bench space for an incoming player.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I've played Ben over Drew at least two other times this season, when Drew was on the road and Ben was at home. They both have such stark home/road splits. Some will tell you that it's a waste of a roster spot to have a backup to Brees where you only start 1 QB, but this is why I don't think that it is. Admittedly, I didn't think Brees would be a bad option, but I did think his floor was much lower last night. There are just certain outdoor games where you know Brees won't do as well, and that's why I thought it was important to get a nice backup to him after I drafted him in that league.

Good point about home/away splits. I just feel that Brees is having a MVP year, so I'd be starting him throughout playoffs if I had him unless I had someone like Mahomes.

Also, I dropped Josh Adams for Ware. I have other strong RBs, so I want more upside with my RB5/RB6.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 20 of 25
Jump to: