D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Seven 20+ point games in last 12. Two of them were 31 and 38. Only had 2 bad games in that stretch. If he avoids injuries, I see him putting up prime Lowry stats by next year itself. Still only 22. His TOs are down to 2.4 from 3.1 last year. Good signs.

For a guy supposedly without a work ethic, he’s put remarkable work into his body, handles, shot, moves, and angles. He has no vert and not a lot of burst, but he gets wherever he wants and has an impressive array of launch angles.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Is that the first time he put up a big scoring total without catching fire from 3? Bodes well for him.

Also given how Fultz appears to have busted, the Sixers really could use a guy like Russell right now.

Would the 76ers be better off with Dlo's expiring contract (and those RFA ramifications), or Zhaire Smith being in the first year of his rookie deal? They couldn't do that deal straight up, but adding the expiring contracts of Wilson Chandler and Jared Dudley would make it work. Would either team want to do this? Or if the Nets have Dlo in their plans, they should probably move Dinwiddie, who should be valuable to an acquiring team given how low his cap hold will be. Would the Sixers have interest in Dinwiddie, if not Dlo? What about Bolden for Dinwiddie?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
Quote:
Players 22 years old or younger to put up at least 38 P, 8 R, 8 A in a game in NBA history:
O.Robertson 16x, L.James 5x, M.Johnson 2x, R.Westbrook 2x, M.Jordan, K.Bryant, S.Curry, A.Iverson, A.Adams, J.Kidd, C.Webber, J.West, Isiah Thomas... & now D'Angelo Russell (@Dloading)

https://twitter.com/dlouno/status/1066872792916779008

I think that's.... good?...

could not figure out A. Adams, and looked it up....Alvin Adams, the Phoenix Center late 70's/early 80's
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Basketball Reference

Verified account

@bball_ref
Follow Follow @bball_ref
More
Last night, D'Angelo Russell became the 4th @BrooklynNets player since 2000 to have 35-8-8 in a game.

This season, the only other players to do that for any team are LeBron, AD, and Jokic http://bkref.com/tiny/DwaiT
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Would like to see him get a consistent 34 minutes per game.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

20/4/6 in last 10 games in UNDER 29MPG
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:
Is that the first time he put up a big scoring total without catching fire from 3? Bodes well for him.

Also given how Fultz appears to have busted, the Sixers really could use a guy like Russell right now.

Would the 76ers be better off with Dlo's expiring contract (and those RFA ramifications), or Zhaire Smith being in the first year of his rookie deal? They couldn't do that deal straight up, but adding the expiring contracts of Wilson Chandler and Jared Dudley would make it work. Would either team want to do this? Or if the Nets have Dlo in their plans, they should probably move Dinwiddie, who should be valuable to an acquiring team given how low his cap hold will be. Would the Sixers have interest in Dinwiddie, if not Dlo? What about Bolden for Dinwiddie?

I have no idea, what is the 6ers salary situation with Butler under contract? I don't really like Dinwiddie on that roster, personally, though he could be a good cheap option with his cap hold.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Never a DLo fan, always questioned his maturity level. He seems to have proven me wrong but this thread is like ripping a slowly healing wound wide open.

Why do you guys do it to yourselves?

The Randle thread is the same although that one hurts me more cause I was a Randle believer. Because of that I avoid the thread
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:

I have no idea, what is the 6ers salary situation with Butler under contract? I don't really like Dinwiddie on that roster, personally, though he could be a good cheap option with his cap hold.

Even with Butler, the 76ers will have $25 million or so of cap space.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

This is what happens when young talent starts to come around when you're patient with them.

D'Angelo Russell is 22

Julius Randle is 23

They were showing signs of starting to come into their own and that is when the Lakers got rid of them and now other teams get to reap the benefits.

Had Russell not hurt his knee last year we'd have seen this a season sooner.

Again, all this new FO is showing a pension for is scapegoating the young talent we draft, and getting rid of them right before they have breakout seasons.

So all things considered, I expect Brandon Ingram to be putting up 20 ppg for the Hornets at this time next season. Now that was me joking, but the sad thing is, you could see that happening. If they kept happening as they were, in 3 seasons Lonzo and Ingram will be flourishing on other teams and coming into their own, LeBron will have opted out of the Final Year of his contract and likely retired, and the Lakers will be back in the lottery for another 5 seasons while all the young talent they got rid of finally starts coming into their own just as the Warriors are slowing down.

Let's hope that the FO doesn't continue acting like they didn't blow it with Russell and Randle, and actually shows patience with BI and Lonzo, but they aren't exactly putting BI in the best position to succeed anyway cause they refuse to play LeBron at the 4 so he's likely the next up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I was and remain a DLO fan, but let's be honest, after the stupid snitch-gate thing, there was simply no way that the was going to stay here.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I was and remain a DLO fan, but let's be honest, after the stupid snitch-gate thing, there was simply no way that the was going to stay here.

I'd say his poor relationship with Byron did even more damage. Byron wanted to draft DLo and even made Magic comparisons after the work out. Things changed when season started and Magic would have heard all the negatives Byron thought of DLO for the next 2 years. Randle also had one public issue with Byron in his 2nd year. And Magic never seemed like he wanted to keep Randle either despite him playing well and hard last season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

As someone who really liked DLO, losing Jules to me hurts a bit more b/c I think we were close (but for Deng) to being able to afford him.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
As someone who really liked DLO, losing Jules to me hurts a bit more b/c I think we were close (but for Deng) to being able to afford him.

I like Jules more as a player, too. He's way more consistent. I get that some of the guys in this thread are down after every Dlo outburst, and I agree he's talented/skilled as anyone + had a place on this roster, but the inconsistency is maddening as hell. 5/21 tonight so far, and that's pretty much been his career so far, flashes of greatness followed by WTF performances.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Gobert was ruining mans life tonight
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

6 of 25 and 14 points yuck
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

he actually played pretty well everywhere else tonight

speshlee on defense

soon as he got into the paint his life was over tho

but he was gettin there alot so maybe when rudy leave the building he gone be cookin again
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Give this man some (bleep) propers. Keep hating. This kid should be a Laker. Damn son.

Don't worry, he'll go 3-12 in his next game.

Looks like he proved me wrong. He went 6/25.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Lol if he went 6 for 25 on the Lakers, people would be ready to trade him for a Gatorade bottle.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:

Defenses are loading up on DLO.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Dlo hater but I was at the nets sixers game and he’s come along way since lakers day. He’ll be a solid player forcyears to come
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Give this man some (bleep) propers. Keep hating. This kid should be a Laker. Damn son.

Don't worry, he'll go 3-12 in his next game.

Looks like he proved me wrong. He went 6/25.

doubled up on ya headtop
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Nice efficient 1st half against Memphis. Shooting the ball much better than the last game. Kid has had a great month of November. Nice defensive improvements and as usual, putting on display his scoring ability. Kid can score from anywhere.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Dlo hater but I was at the nets sixers game and he’s come along way since lakers day. He’ll be a solid player forcyears to come
It's nice to see you come around. Kid can play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 12 of 100
Jump to: