Jodie Meeks Waived by Bucks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClaytonBigsby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Not enough minutes for kcp, Rondo, Hart, Stephenson and you want to add more?

Awesome plan

Yea totally. Why would depth at a position of emphasis in today’s league be a good thing? Silly me.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Meeks reeks. No thanks!
ClaytonBigsby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I can’t believe D’Antoni made this scrub look decent. D’Antoni should demand a cut of his salary.

MDA gets knocked around by fans and the media, and I don't get it. He's made a lot of scrubs a lot of money through the years. Nobody expected the Rockets to be where they were last year, and I can't think of any other coach who could have done what he did with the Rockets. But instead of being celebrated for overachieving, he's always knocked for falling short. But the dude falls short with overachievers. He's never fallen short as the favorite.

He gets the most out of his teams because he doesn't buy into the cliche of "defense wins games." Yeah I said it, that's a cliche. Offense wins games, and even more offense if you're the Warriors. MDA doesn't get on the mic and preach defense just because he knows that's what you want to hear. Other coaches do that because they know what's exactly what you want to hear like Byron, Mike Brown and now Luke Walton. Has any of those 3 coaches deliver a great defensive team? MDA is just real, and I've never understood the hate. While the Pat Rileys and PJ's of the world who hoard hall of fame greats on their roster gets all the love.

Agreed. MDA has preached this recent NBA trend for many years. Ahead of his time. With the right pieces he is a formidable coach. Since when is getting the best out of your players a bad thing? But the operative part is ‘right pieces.’ We all saw what he did with the wrong pieces. Not very adaptable, which has limited his success with that philosophy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

...you can only hope to contain him...right Stu ?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

ClaytonBigsby wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I can’t believe D’Antoni made this scrub look decent. D’Antoni should demand a cut of his salary.

MDA gets knocked around by fans and the media, and I don't get it. He's made a lot of scrubs a lot of money through the years. Nobody expected the Rockets to be where they were last year, and I can't think of any other coach who could have done what he did with the Rockets. But instead of being celebrated for overachieving, he's always knocked for falling short. But the dude falls short with overachievers. He's never fallen short as the favorite.

He gets the most out of his teams because he doesn't buy into the cliche of "defense wins games." Yeah I said it, that's a cliche. Offense wins games, and even more offense if you're the Warriors. MDA doesn't get on the mic and preach defense just because he knows that's what you want to hear. Other coaches do that because they know what's exactly what you want to hear like Byron, Mike Brown and now Luke Walton. Has any of those 3 coaches deliver a great defensive team? MDA is just real, and I've never understood the hate. While the Pat Rileys and PJ's of the world who hoard hall of fame greats on their roster gets all the love.

Agreed. MDA has preached this recent NBA trend for many years. Ahead of his time. With the right pieces he is a formidable coach. Since when is getting the best out of your players a bad thing? But the operative part is ‘right pieces.’ We all saw what he did with the wrong pieces. Not very adaptable, which has limited his success with that philosophy.

Sadly we got rid of him for Byron Scott "old school" RIGHT when the NBA took off in that direction and the Warriors became NBA Championship material. Talk about bad timing. But the fans were screaming for Phil the Triangle and Scott too. So it's not like they weren't late to the party as well and living on the idea that if Phil was here instead of D'Antoni that the 2012 Lakers would have won the chip.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ClaytonBigsby wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Sadly we got rid of him for Byron Scott "old school" RIGHT when the NBA took off in that direction and the Warriors became NBA Championship material. Talk about bad timing. But the fans were screaming for Phil the Triangle and Scott too. So it's not like they weren't late to the party as well and living on the idea that if Phil was here instead of D'Antoni that the 2012 Lakers would have won the chip.

Getting rid of MDA at that time was the right call. He would have had us consistently picking between 7&10 because he got too much out of his rosters. Gettingn the tank commander was the right call in hindsight due to his ability to get us the picks we needed.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

It’s pretty much Popovich, Brad Stevens, and then D’Antoni among top coaches right now. Like you, I have no idea why people bash on him so much.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Wait a minute, That guy is still in the league? I fully expected to next hear his name on one of those "Where are they now?" episodes slinging Hyundai's in Gardena.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

He was toast last year
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Jodie Meeks Waived by Bucks

MJST wrote:
ClaytonBigsby wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25365122/jodie-meeks-waived-milwaukee-bucks

Per Woj. This could be that shooter the Lakers are looking for. Perhaps a reunion is in order I imagine the price would be right. Adios Zu? Beasley?

or they could start Josh Hart at the 2 and move Kuzma to the bench.

Concur
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m down, Meeks would be helpful for 15M per game especially if he can knock down 3’s.

He's NOT a knock down 3 pt shooter.

We should pick from one of the dozens of knock down 3 pt shooters with competent NBA defense available on waivers/sitting at home.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Was just thinking our bench's defense could be more horrible.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

People seem to want him back because they just like the dude.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

Can he still play?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Can he still play?

Not at all well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: