Hollywood Hoops: Is Brandon Ingram Best Served Coming Off the Bench?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
PauPau wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
I didn't have an issue with Luke moving Randle to the bench because I thought he was just coaching him and I thought it did ultimately make him a better player. The same treatment needs to be given to Ingram. I think the only reason he hasn't made the move yet is because Magic wouldn't approve. Ingram has way too long of a leash for my taste.

I blame our coaching staff with his slow development more than anything. He made a cross country tour with different trainers over the summer. This organization hasn't made in-house player development a priority imo. Just building a new training facility isn't enough. You need to fill it with personnel.

Good discussion. Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Should have used words to communicate my agreement with your comment, a thing that occasionally slips the mind.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

st8ktacos wrote:
Ingram is a beast. A poor man's KD. He can literally get any shot he wants at any time. He just needs better coaching in terms of shot selection and obviously the stronger he gets the more dominant he will become. The kid is 21. Maybe some of you old heads have forgotten how young 21 actually is. He is nowhere near his potential right now.

They have been leaving him in to run the bench, so that either he or LeBronze are on the floor at all times. These two are the major ISO-ball players. Lance tries to assume this role, but he is a frustratingly inconsistent hot-dog.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
PauPau wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
I didn't have an issue with Luke moving Randle to the bench because I thought he was just coaching him and I thought it did ultimately make him a better player. The same treatment needs to be given to Ingram. I think the only reason he hasn't made the move yet is because Magic wouldn't approve. Ingram has way too long of a leash for my taste.

I blame our coaching staff with his slow development more than anything. He made a cross country tour with different trainers over the summer. This organization hasn't made in-house player development a priority imo. Just building a new training facility isn't enough. You need to fill it with personnel.

Good discussion. Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Should have used words to communicate my agreement with your comment, a thing that occasionally slips the mind.

The idea that moving Randle to the bench made him a better player is laugh out loud worthy. Hard work and mental toughness made him a better player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: