OK, OK, a BI trade that makes sense

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11734

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: OK, OK, a BI trade that makes sense

LAL = BI, #1
CLE = LNJ, #1

Junior backs up Kuz at the 4, gives us another defender and frees up minutes for Hart. The #1 is a lottery pick - Cleveland can protect it if it's #1 overall.

Cavs get a 21 year old whose "disappointing start" has him at 15/4/2 after a 16/5/4 season at 20 years old. Junior is not thriving in Cleveland, but knows our system and will do even better by not having to play the 5.
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8894

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9361
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

and you are not mentioning getting their #1 and a shot at Zion.

They would be stupid AS F to make that trade with us, but it is also risky.

Larry's trade value is a quarter of BI's if we have an opportunity to acquire a true talent like AD or even someone like Beal.

This is the wrong move at the wrong time. It's what I would call a franchise killer.
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11734

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
and you are not mentioning getting their #1 and a shot at Zion.

They would be stupid AS F to make that trade with us, but it is also risky.

Larry's trade value is a quarter of BI's if we have an opportunity to acquire a true talent like AD or even someone like Beal.

This is the wrong move at the wrong time. It's what I would call a franchise killer.


You think an underperforming BI & #20+ pick is more attractive than possibly the #2 overall pick in a trade for AD?

For CLE, yes - if they're not willing to give the #2 overall pick (remember, it's top-1 protected) for BI then his stock has really fallen and we made a mistake drafting him.
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128794
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Cleveland would probably make their pick lottery protected
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9361
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Wino wrote:
and you are not mentioning getting their #1 and a shot at Zion.

They would be stupid AS F to make that trade with us, but it is also risky.

Larry's trade value is a quarter of BI's if we have an opportunity to acquire a true talent like AD or even someone like Beal.

This is the wrong move at the wrong time. It's what I would call a franchise killer.


You think an underperforming BI & #20+ pick is more attractive than possibly the #2 overall pick in a trade for AD?

For CLE, yes - if they're not willing to give the #2 overall pick (remember, it's top-1 protected) for BI then his stock has really fallen and we made a mistake drafting him.


Yep, it would likely be lottery protected AND you would have to risk they get a top 2 pick. There is no guarantee that the pick is that high. Very risky.
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 10795

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

The other problem is Larry's cap hold next summer. I can't see them giving up a chance at signing Durant on the hopes of lottery luck. The Lakers are in win now mode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 6041

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OK, OK, a BI trade that makes sense

Dr. Laker wrote:
LAL = BI, #1
CLE = LNJ, #1

Junior backs up Kuz at the 4, gives us another defender and frees up minutes for Hart. The #1 is a lottery pick - Cleveland can protect it if it's #1 overall.

Cavs get a 21 year old whose "disappointing start" has him at 15/4/2 after a 16/5/4 season at 20 years old. Junior is not thriving in Cleveland, but knows our system and will do even better by not having to play the 5.





If it is the 2019 draft, your trade could be complicated to do.


Cavs send Mike Dunleavy, Mo Williams and future 1st-rounder to Hawks for Kyle Korver

Quote:

The protections on the first-round pick are as follows: top-10 protected in 2019 and 2020. If the pick ends up being protected (and therefore unused by Atlanta) in those two years, it will become second-round picks for the Hawks in both 2021 and 2022.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DodgersLakeFan1977
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 19 Nov 2018
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I want to see them trade for Bradley Beal. I think he can lead us to the promise land. (bleep) a rebuild. Win now! That’s why we got LeBron!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9734

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

I liked Larry Nance Jr but dont like his new contract at all. Pass.
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16441

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Do not want Larry back on the team lol. Cle would never give up a chance to get zion or Barret so there would be too much protection on it.

Creative trade though so kudos for the idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9357
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I liked Larry Nance Jr but dont like his new contract at all. Pass.


Certainly not worth 7ppg and 6rpg for that kind of money, Cleveland has shot themselves in the foot big time with LNJ and Love contracts...
_________________
Lakers Rebirth: 2018-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 568

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

BI
KcP*
Beasley


Beal


Get it done!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9357
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
BI
KcP*
Beasley


Beal


Get it done!!


Ok, I'm in...!
_________________
Lakers Rebirth: 2018-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Jul 2017
Posts: 392
Location: 9th Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

DodgersLakeFan1977 wrote:
I want to see them trade for Bradley Beal. I think he can lead us to the promise land. (bleep) a rebuild. Win now! That’s why we got LeBron!


Nah, man. I feel you wanting to see instant results, but we GOTTA kick the tires on KD, Kawai and Klay 1st.
Jeanie should Fire Manginka INSTANTLY if they throw away that chance.

There will always be other trades to be made. Half the league is run by brain dead morons 😄
_________________
True definition of SIN: “A Shrewd, Revolting, Offensive and Aggressive ATTACK....resulting in a fit of SICKNESS.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB