*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Cleveland Cavaliers (11/21/18 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

We went on a 18-6 run to end the game. Nice.

... or the Cavs just wanted to tank. I can't figure out which it is
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I'll be at the game on Sunday! Hopefully we can keep the win streak alive
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

GabKoost wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Megaton wrote:
I would still fire Luke. This game should not have gone this way.

These are Walton wins. Allow your opponent to get back in the game, win by the skin of your teeth thus have little to build off of said win.

It's called. If we don't have one of the best players in the league playing for us, it would've been a loss.

I think Luke is good for basically negative 10 points each game.

I am sure Walton is at fault for players bricking free throws and turning the ball over and .

Dang, the Luke supporters always have the excuses. Any reasonable person can see that Luke and his "coaching" staff......are not good!

Take a look at the good coaches and coaching staffs out there in any sport. Can you not see a big difference???? But keep the excuses coming.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1065469480006897664?s=21

This might explain some of tonight’s performance
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
drae wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Good to see KCP come through. His FT's were clutch. Also glad to see Zo have a good game.

Cedi Osman is a shooter; boy could we use him.

Just 1 consistent 3 point shooter. Just 1. Every game we struggle from the 3 point line, and we have those games, we struggle. We just need a guy who can knock it down regularly

Going into the game today our 3PT shooting was 12th best in the league at 36.1%. Tonight we shot 36%, whatcha talkin bout man?

Ppl are just making stuff up to support their narrative.

Over the past 6 years Korver has had 3 seasons averaging 47% or above from the 3 point line. I'm saying we want 1 guy like that so when everybody else isn't on, there's at least 1 guy who can drain the open 3 regularly when all the defense is collapsing inside. At the moment the team is all streaky

I get what you mean my brother. We may be an average to above average 3pt shooting team, but since we don't have that 2nd "star" yet, we need to scratch and claw for our points outside of Bron. We might need to be top 10 in 3pt to be a real player in the West especially how insanely close it is this year. I would use him the same way you're saying. For situations when we need a spurt on offense.

I think getting another knockdown shooter is a doable task this season. Korver could get bought out honestly. Hopefully, Lebron did his due-diligence tonight

Another roster change we can use a legit Power Forward (don't remind me about Randle). I'm hoping Taj Gibson becomes available some time this season.

In either case, I would not give up more than a 2nd round pick to address either concerns.

Another
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

This game had me pissed off. I'm just glad we managed to come back and win it. The most shocking thing in the game to me was...Jordan Clarkson's tattoos. Wow, just wow.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

And it was almost all from free throws and 3 pointers, the two areas people were most worried about.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
drae wrote:

And it was almost all from free throws and 3 pointers, the two areas people were most worried about.

Yeah. So here's the issue I have. For a team with a lot of playmakers and for a team with the philosophy of "winning from transition" and "winning in in the paint", we're winning a lot of games because of our 3 point shooting.

And our 3 point shooting is streaky. It was poor in the first half and we were down, but we picked it up in the 4th quarter when we came back. We blew out Portland because we hit 47% of threes, we were poor to begin the year when we were poor from 3.

I'd like to pick up a reliable 3 point shooter. The team is struggling to score points, our opponents keep sagging off on defense, I'd love for a reliable guy, a career 44% from 3 type of guy, to come in and punish the defense when they do that. Consistently. I just think it'd solve a lot of our problems.

That being said we sucked at rebounding today which was also half the problem.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if some people miss JC and Larry?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I wonder if some people miss JC and Larry?

I miss Larry. He would have been a tremendous backup PF for this years team

On the other hand, I'm eternally grateful that Clarkson is someone else's headcase this year
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
drae wrote:

Yeah. So here's the issue I have. For a team with a lot of playmakers and for a team with the philosophy of "winning from transition" and "winning in in the paint", we're winning a lot of games because of our 3 point shooting.

And our 3 point shooting is streaky. It was poor in the first half and we were down, but we picked it up in the 4th quarter when we came back. We blew out Portland because we hit 47% of threes, we were poor to begin the year when we were poor from 3.

I'd like to pick up a reliable 3 point shooter. The team is struggling to score points, our opponents keep sagging off on defense, I'd love for a reliable guy, a career 44% from 3 type of guy, to come in and punish the defense when they do that. Consistently. I just think it'd solve a lot of our problems.

Who is out there like that?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
drae wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
drae wrote:

Kyle Korver xD
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

I try and post in this game thread after every game but this game was so uneventful, I completely forgot until now.

I am the biggest LBJ fan you can meet but this "homecoming" was excessively overblown by ESPN. Not even James made that big of a deal over it. I just found it amusing the tv coverage was like 24/7 leading up to a regular season game that didn't even sell out it looks like.

The game, itself, was ugly. Hey, a win is a win but I don't feel good about it. Never should that team have hung around for that long and even had a shot at winning. This defense needs to drastically improve and at this point its an effort thing as opposed to personnel.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
This game had me pissed off. I'm just glad we managed to come back and win it. The most shocking thing in the game to me was...Jordan Clarkson's tattoos. Wow, just wow.

I know right? it’s like he got those tats at a strip mall tattoo parlor in Bakersfield...
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
drae wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
drae wrote:

LeBron and KCP are making like half their threes lately. And most of LeBrons are stepbacks and fadeaways and stuff. If you ignore the first two games, I think the Lakers are top two or three in three point shooting. They're killing teams from out there.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Trying to experiment if we could compete without Lebron?
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Good lord, these unforced turnovers....killing me.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Cavs just beat the 76ers. They probably took all that energy they threw at us and surprised the 76ers with it.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

They have just beaten the 76'ers and the Rockets tonight. Maybe there was no shame in our struggles against them after all.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Cavs just beat the 76ers. They probably took all that energy they threw at us and surprised the 76ers with it.

Runway8 wrote:
They have just beaten the 76'ers and the Rockets tonight. Maybe there was no shame in our struggles against them after all.

--Anonymous
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42
Jump to: