Wild fires in Los Angeles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Wild fires in Los Angeles

I didn't see a thread for this. I searched. If there is one Mods please delete my thread.

I believe there have been 31 lives lost. My prayers go out to those families who lost loved ones.

A new fire broke as I post this.

California wildfires - live updates: Celebrity homes destroyed as death toll rises to 31 in state's deadliest fire on record

LINK

Revelation 20-22 KJV 2 Peter 3 NLV A after thought.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wild fires in Los Angeles

I heard tomorrow’s winds will reach hurricane levels
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild fires in Los Angeles

LongBeachPoly wrote:
I heard tomorrow’s winds will reach hurricane levels

If Trump liked California he would go in there and Karate Chop the winds and race everyone to safety in his Nikes

There is no material possession worth your life...

Choose safety
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I work in Thousand Oaks. Last week was surreal considering everything that happened. Got back from a lunch break around 2pm and the sky was crystal clear. Two hours later Hill and Woolsey broke out and we were covered in smoke. (bleep) bolted

Went back to work today - over the weekend the fire was burning on a hilltop right behind my building. Very very close

A tree fell down right next to my car and scratched it all up pretty badly, still strong winds.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I work in Thousand Oaks. Last week was surreal considering everything that happened. Got back from a lunch break around 2pm and the sky was crystal clear. Two hours later Hill and Woolsey broke out and we were covered in smoke. (bleep) bolted

Went back to work today - over the weekend the fire was burning on a hilltop right behind my building. Very very close

A tree fell down right next to my car and scratched it all up pretty badly, still strong winds.

Does your insurance cover the damage to your car?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Hope all ya'll living in those areas are safe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

DELETED DOUBLE POST jodeke

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Hope all ya'll living in those areas are safe.

Hasn't been a out of control fire in my hood since the insurgence.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:

this looks so crazy from the pic/video online. How far inland is this fire?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

All I know to say is I hope everyone on LG is protected from these fires. I have to say, the pictures on television continue to shock me. I just have no experience with these type of dangerous fires, and still find myself not understanding how fast they move, and how people get trapped so quickly.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

The Lakers are donating $150,000 to the American Red Cross and the Ventura County Community Foundation (VCCF) to support victims of the recent tragedies in Southern California. Fans can also support the efforts by participating in a blood drive with UCLA Health at upcoming Lakers and South Bay Lakers games or make direct donations to the American Red Cross for victims of the fires or make donations to the Ventura County Community Foundation (VCCF) for the Conejo Valley Victims Fund for the Thousand Oaks shooting victims at vccf.org.

NBA
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I live in the Bay area and the air has a burning sensations when you breathe it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I live in the Bay area and the air has a burning sensations when you breathe it.

Quote:
Due to the wildfires raging in Northern California, San Francisco, Stockton and Sacramento were the world's three "most polluted cities" on Friday morning, according to Berkeley Earth, a nonprofit that aggregates data from air-quality monitoring sites.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/health/san-francisco-wildfires-air-quality-worst-in-world/index.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: