Official 2018/2019 Playoff Seedings Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Jeebus how are the Clips pulling off all these wins over great teams? Are they legit or are they the ultimate trap game team? I haven’t seen them play at all this year.

Their wins this season:

OKC (Westbrook out)
Houston (CP3)
Houston (Harden)
Washington (Dwight)
Orlando
Minnesota
Milwaukee (early game, Bucks came out sluggish)
Golden State (Curry)

They do look good when you watch them and credit to them for taking advantage of these kinds of opportunities. But I'm expecting the schedule to catch up with them eventually.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Jeebus how are the Clips pulling off all these wins over great teams? Are they legit or are they the ultimate trap game team? I haven’t seen them play at all this year.

They are a good team. And though I have criticized him in the past, Doc is doing a good job coaching.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

13. Los Angeles Lakers
Record: 7-6

PREV. RANK LAST WEEK THIS WEEK
15 3-0 POR, @ORL, @MIA
The Lakers were one of only three NBA teams to post an undefeated week, with wins over Minnesota, Sacramento and Atlanta. The competition might not have been stiff, but the Lakers were stingy -- a welcome turn of events for a defense that leaked like a sieve over the first three weeks of the season. Tyson Chandler's arrival to the Lakers this weekend was announced with authority on Sunday night when he blocked a potential game winner by Trae Young at the buzzer. -- Arnovitz
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I keep forgetting LouWill is on that team. He was one of my favorites here and is an absolute killer.

Seeing that list of wins convinces me that yes, they are the ultimate trap game team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

With San Antonio losing to the Suns, if the Lakers can beat the Blazers tonite, they are the new #7 seed...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject:

Tied for 7th baby!
Moving on up!!!
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Their wins this season:

OKC (Westbrook out)
Houston (CP3)
Houston (Harden)
Washington (Dwight)
Orlando
Minnesota
Milwaukee (early game, Bucks came out sluggish)
Golden State (Curry)

They do look good when you watch them and credit to them for taking advantage of these kinds of opportunities. But I'm expecting the schedule to catch up with them eventually.

When the schedule gets tougher, they will go back to earth. Annual Gallo injury is forthcoming too. I like that rookie point guard though that they have. Remind me of Brandon Roy but skinny. And I like Harrel. Lou will is always be Lou. Any team that relies on him as that primary option will always be mediocre .
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject:

We currently have the best streak in the league (4 straight wins)
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

I can see us being in 2nd/3rd place by Christmas. I don't know why everyone panicked after 5 games. You guys have to understand, we have the best player on the planet, we have a top 5 bench, they're just going to find ways to win. Really reminds me of that 07-08 team. The young guys gaining experience is what's more important at this point. We can't have them shrinking come playoff time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Current seedings as of 12/5/2018

WEST

1 - Denver Nuggets (16-7)
2 - LA Clippers (16-7)
3 - Oklahoma City Thunder (15-7, 0.5 GB)
4 - Golden State Warriors (16-9, 1 GB)
5 - LA Lakers (14-9, 2 GB)
6 - Memphis Grizzlies (13-9, 2.5 GB)
7 - Dallas Mavericks (12-10, 3.5 GB)
8 - Portland Trail Blazers (13-11, 3.5 GB)

EAST

1 - Toronto Raptors (20-5)
2 - Milwaukee Bucks (15-7, 3.5 GB)
3 - Philadelphia 76ers (17-8, 3 GB)
4 - Detroit Pistons (13-8, 5 GB)
5 - Indiana Pacers (14-10, 5.5 GB)
6 - Boston Celtics (13-10, 6 GB)
7 - Orlando Magic (12-12, 7.5 GB)
8 - Charlotte Hornets (11-12, 8 GB)

Houston, Utah, and San Antonio are under .500. Who knew.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Current seedings as of 12/5/2018

WEST

1 - Denver Nuggets (16-7)
2 - LA Clippers (16-7)
3 - Oklahoma City Thunder (15-7, 0.5 GB)
4 - Golden State Warriors (16-9, 1 GB)
5 - LA Lakers (14-9, 2 GB)
6 - Memphis Grizzlies (13-9, 2.5 GB)
7 - Dallas Mavericks (12-10, 3.5 GB)
8 - Portland Trail Blazers (13-11, 3.5 GB)

EAST

1 - Toronto Raptors (20-5)
2 - Milwaukee Bucks (15-7, 3.5 GB)
3 - Philadelphia 76ers (17-8, 3 GB)
4 - Detroit Pistons (13-8, 5 GB)
5 - Indiana Pacers (14-10, 5.5 GB)
6 - Boston Celtics (13-10, 6 GB)
7 - Orlando Magic (12-12, 7.5 GB)
8 - Charlotte Hornets (11-12, 8 GB)

Houston, Utah, and San Antonio are under .500. Who knew.

I love it
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

If the team doesn't have a stretch big, I feel good about our chances. Therefore, the better matchups:

LAC, OKC, DAL, POR, UTA, SAC

On the other hand, without a viable small-ball lineup, we'll be in a rough spot if a team can play our bigs off of the floor. Denver, Memphis, Minnesota, Houston, and of course GS can all do that. Fortunately, those teams also lack realistic options to limit LBJ. I'd give us the advantage over any team aside from GS/Denver.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

I like how all the ESPN morons were saying we wouldn't make the playoffs. Idiots like Jalen Rose need to get called out for that mistake and for 81 while we're at it.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I like how all the ESPN morons were saying we wouldn't make the playoffs. Idiots like Jalen Rose need to get called out for that mistake and for 81 while we're at it.

Wouldn't it be prudent to wait until the final standings before "calling anyone out"?

There is a lot of season left to play and the entire Conference is still in contention. Love where the Lakers are today but let's wait before beating our chests too much.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

There's going to be a lot of movement up and down the standings. Not just our team but a lot of others too. Outside of GS, the West is stacked with a lot of evenly matched teams.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Wouldn't it be prudent to wait until the final standings before "calling anyone out"?

There is a lot of season left to play and the entire Conference is still in contention. Love where the Lakers are today but let's wait before beating our chests too much.

Yeah, we're only a game and a half in front of the 8 seed.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Yeah, we're only a game and a half in front of the 8 seed.

Fair enough, but I like the way the team is playing, and I have no doubt we make the playoffs. Making the playoffs as a top seed would be even sweeter in this conference.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

I'm officially removing the Spurs from making the playoffs and not because of the horrific losses they have had this week. The big 3 are gone. Dejaunte Murray is out for the season. Pau has a stress fracture. Aldridge is going to be 34. Pau is going to be 39. Gay is going to be 33. Derozan will be 30. They are an old slow team. They lost KL and Danny green.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

We haven’t made the playoffs
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I'm officially removing the Spurs from making the playoffs and not because of the horrific losses they have had this week. The big 3 are gone. Dejaunte Murray is out for the season. Pau has a stress fracture. Aldridge is going to be 34. Pau is going to be 39. Gay is going to be 33. Derozan will be 30. They are an old slow team. They lost KL and Danny green.

Yeah, looks like my original prediction of them missing the playoffs might stick.... though it'd all be by horrible luck. Really wasn't thinking all this would happen to them.

Didn't realize Pau was 39. When he officially calls it quits, he should sign a 10 day with us to end his career here.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

It's early and a lot can change with injuries and player movement, but imo:

The In group:
GSW
OKC
Denver

Should be In:
Lakers
Utah
Rockets (it looks bad, but they still have 2 All-Stars, even if one is declining)

The rest for 2 spots:
Blazers
Pelicans
Clippers
Grizzlies
Mavs
Kings
San Antonio
Minnesota

Tank:
Suns
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

I have no idea why anyone doubted that this team would make the playoffs. ESPN has a tendency to overrate the Lakers so that was odd.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I have no idea why anyone doubted that this team would make the playoffs. ESPN has a tendency to overrate the Lakers so that was odd.

Because we live in the era of the Hot Take.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Yeah, things aren't looking good for them.
Pop should retire as a coach. He had an amazing run. Let Becky coach the team and continue to be the president of basketball operations.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:

It's early and a lot can change with injuries and player movement, but imo:

The In group:
GSW
OKC
Denver

Should be In:
Lakers
Utah
Rockets (it looks bad, but they still have 2 All-Stars, even if one is declining)

The rest for 2 spots:
Blazers
Pelicans
Clippers
Grizzlies
Mavs
Kings
San Antonio
Minnesota

Tank:
Suns

I'm not a believer in the Nuggets.
Especially with Harris' on and off injured status.
And with Minny's dedication to defense, they might be in the 2nd tier in place of the Jazz.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 8 of 79
Jump to: