Are the Warriors on the verge of a breakup?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will GS breakup after this season?
YES
57%
 57%  [ 20 ]
NO
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
MAYBE
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
OTHER (Explain)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Are the Warriors on the verge of a breakup?

Been reading and hearing at lot about GS discontent. Rumors of KG and Klay Thompson leaving. KG upset with Green. Green expects a super-max extension. Is he worth it? I expect a breakup.

Discuss...

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I think KD bounces, but Steph, Klay and Green stay.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I think it's more likely at this point that all of this turmoil crap is either A) Manufactured or B) Just them being bored with the regular season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

KD seems to be on the way out. Klay's unreadable. He's a mystery for me. I don't know how deep his roots are in the Bay area. He's not married. How much enterprise does he have invested in the Bay? His parents live in Oakland that may factor. C'mon Magic, wave Mitch's wand!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Are the Warriors on the verge of a breakup?

jodeke wrote:
Been reading and hearing at lot about GS discontent. Rumors of KG and Klay Thompson leaving. KG upset with Green. Green expects a super-max extension. Is he worth it? I expect a breakup.

Discuss...

I wouldn't be too worried about Garnett leaving if I were a Golden State fan. He hasn't been his MVP self since leaving Minnesota.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Oh Yoko!

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I think it's more likely at this point that all of this turmoil crap is either A) Manufactured or B) Just them being bored with the regular season.

This. As long as they win the title, or even if they reach the finals and lose after putting up a good fight, it would be stupid for KD to leave and start over in his early 30s.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

FWIW Kobe and Shaq couldn’t stay on the same team because of their differences so it can happen. And KD has shown that he is very sensitive to criticism. Green is obviously very emotional himself. Things will probably calm down (especially if they win another ring) but who knows?

”That’s why I’m out”

Did Durant actually say that in this clip?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TJDhoops/status/1062500245081329664
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
FWIW Kobe and Shaq couldn’t stay on the same team because of their differences so it can happen. And KD has shown that he is very sensitive to criticism. Green is obviously very emotional himself. Things will probably calm down (especially if they win another ring) but who knows?

”That’s why I’m out”

Did Durant actually say that in this clip?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TJDhoops/status/1062500245081329664

Kind of looked like he said "that ish wild man, (bleep)"

But I like the Tweeter's take more...
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

well, could you imagine if he has had it there and starts thinking he could just come here and play next to Lebron and win more rings here.

Imagine if we sign KD and THEN go trade for AD. We would own the league for 3 years.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Durant clearly still angry at Green, offers curt answers throughout postgame presser. I asked about their friendship and Durant avoided diplomatic reply. Instead, he said, "I don't think it even matters right now. We just had a game. Let's talk about the game."

https://mobile.twitter.com/ronkroichick/status/1062595717120765953
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Are the Warriors on the verge of a breakup?

jodeke wrote:

Discuss...

Who knows? If anyone leaves, it will be for money. But I'd expect at least 3 of the 4 to stick around.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

As a whole, no. I do think Durant will leave in free agency and they will retain the rest of their guys. I do think the Green/Klay/Steph core will remain though.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject:

Do they have the money to keep all four?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Do they have the money to keep all four?

theoretically they can
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

When asked have he and Green made up durant said no

Warriors' Draymond Green challenged Kevin Durant about free agency during heated exchange, per report

LINK

Quote:
As you can see in the clip above, Thompson is visibly frustrated at the way the final sequence unfolded. But the real fireworks started once the team got back to the bench. First, it appears Durant says something to the effect of "give me the ball" while pounding his chest. Green, never one to remain silent, fires back at Durant, with Thompson standing idly by between the two stars.

Warriors player: 'No way' Kevin Durant returns after what Draymond Green said

LINK

When asked if he and Green had hashed things out Durant said, no. It's rumored Green called Durant a female dog.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

There clearly seems to be some internal turmoil here, but I don't think this greatly affects their season or KD coming back. The end of their season is about 7 months away, and this will more than likely be a distant memory by June.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

One or more of their Big Six (starters plus Iggy) will play for another club next season. I'll guess it's to be both Iggy and Green.

Their priority will be to re-sign Klay, and Green will be the price of doing that. Then of course, they'll sign Tyreke Evans to replace aging Iggy and Livingston. The gamble they take in lay on development and health of both Looney and Bell.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

KD seems to be on the way out. Klay's unreadable. He's a mystery for me. I don't know how deep his roots are in the Bay area. He's not married. How much enterprise does he have invested in the Bay? His parents live in Oakland that may factor. C'mon Magic, wave Mitch's wand!!!

I believe Mychal and his wife live in Orange County and even Klay has a house out there as well. So his roots are definitely down here.

That being said, Mychal has repeatedly said that so long as the Warriors want him, he will advise him to stay.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

KD to LA?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

This comment surprised me:

Quote:
According to Marcus Thompson II of The Athletic, things have spiraled in the locker room to the point where some members of the Warriors don't even want to bother trying to recruit Durant for another offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/several-warriors-not-on-board-to-recruit-kevin-durant-in-free-agency-come-next-offseason-per-report/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I believe Mychal and his wife live in Orange County and even Klay has a house out there as well. So his roots are definitely down here.

That being said, Mychal has repeatedly said that so long as the Warriors want him, he will advise him to stay.

Good to know. I thought he lived in Oakland. I got that from LINK
Quote:
It consists of retired NBA player Mychal Thompson, his wife Julie Thompson, and his sons Mychel, Klay, and Trayce Thompson. They currently live in Oakland, California.
Might be Klay living there. The way things are going in the Bay, Steph may be the only real big 4 left.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors drama is entertaining. Part of me is happy that team is going through this. I feel bad.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This comment surprised me:

Quote:
According to Marcus Thompson II of The Athletic, things have spiraled in the locker room to the point where some members of the Warriors don't even want to bother trying to recruit Durant for another offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/several-warriors-not-on-board-to-recruit-kevin-durant-in-free-agency-come-next-offseason-per-report/

They don't need him to win a championship.....and seeing how he took one year contracts to make sure the core was intact, I'm sure him and his agent are rethinking that strategy. Time for him to get paid and if he comes to LA that rivalry will be great for the NBA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Also with Lebron and Durant on the same team, they will have extra motivation to dismantle the Warriors dynasty. Durant because he probably never felt he was part of the Warriors squad since he wasn't there when they were building that team from the NBA draft and Lebron because whenever he led the Cavs to the Finals in his 2nd time around, it was the Warriors who stopped him from winning a ring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: