Official 2018/2019 Playoff Seedings Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Minny won 47 games last year and we are gonna win 48 with the best player on the planet? I don’t see it unless the young guys don’t take a big step forward and from the looks of it they look very focused heading into the season, maybe they know better then we do.

6th in the west with an 84% chance of making the playoffs sounds right to me...wins will be tough for all in the west...look for the c's to have home court throughout because of the easy east conference

Wins are always hard in the NBA cause teams in the bottom barrel can beat the top teams.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I think we'll win 53 games, not sure where that puts us. I was at 50, but I think 53 now. We can lose to Houston, GS, Utah, and struggle wih Denver and can still pick off 53 wins imo.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

I see them hitting 50-55 wins.. I think they are going to go on a huge run in the second half of the season so it really just depends how well they play right out the gate.. I am extremely curious to see how they play the Rockets right off because I fully believe they will be the better team by seasons end but if they can beat them now and look like the better team this early that would put the whole league on notice that they could be a true threat to anyone.

Obviously the Warriors are on another entire level then the rest of the NBA when fully healthy (not even counting cousins) but depending how well the lakers come together by seasons end it could be a much closer series then most are willing to admit imo especially with Curry's ankles capable of breaking at any moment.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Updated NBA win totals (@SuperBookUSA):
GSW 62
BOS 59
HOU 56.5
TOR 56
PHI 53.5
UTA 50.5
MIL/OKC 48.5
DEN/IND/LAL 48
WSH 46
NO 45
MIA 43.5
SA 42.5
MIN/POR 42
DET 38.5
LAC 37.5
CHA/DAL 36
MEM 33.5
BKN 32.5
CLE 31.5
CHI/ORL 30.5
PHX 29
NYK 27.5
SAC 25.5
ATL 23.5

48 seems fair. Lakers will be anywhere between 47-55 imo.

Surprised to see Portland at 42, kind of low unless they implode. Dallas might be that surprise team that beats their win projection.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Minny won 47 games last year and we are gonna win 48 with the best player on the planet? I don’t see it unless the young guys don’t take a big step forward and from the looks of it they look very focused heading into the season, maybe they know better then we do.

6th in the west with an 84% chance of making the playoffs sounds right to me...wins will be tough for all in the west...look for the c's to have home court throughout because of the easy east conference

Wins are always hard in the NBA cause teams in the bottom barrel can beat the top teams.

Record wise, LeBron's teams usually underachieve in the regular season (relative to his team's talents and ever since he left Cleveland the first time).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

GSW 62
BOS 59
HOU 56.5
TOR 56
PHI 53.5
UTA 50.5
MIL/OKC 48.5
DEN/IND/LAL 48
WSH 46
NO 45
MIA 43.5
SA 42.5
MIN/POR 42
DET 38.5
LAC 37.5
CHA/DAL 36
MEM 33.5
BKN 32.5
CLE 31.5
CHI/ORL 30.5
PHX 29
NYK 27.5
SAC 25.5
ATL 23.5

Surprised to see Portland at 42, kind of low unless they implode. Dallas might be that surprise team that beats their win projection.

Portland was blessed last season because their key players (Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic) didn't miss that many games compared to the games missed by key players on other teams such as Minnesota, Utah etc .

If things converge with Portland falling back to the rest of the Western Conference in regards to injuries, then them having a worse record than last season should be expected.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Portland was blessed last season because their key players (Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic) didn't miss that many games compared to the games missed by key players on other teams such as Minnesota, Utah etc .

If things converge with Portland falling back to the rest of the Western Conference in regards to injuries, then them having a worse record than last season should be expected.

That’s fair, imo the lakers get to 40 wins if Lonzo and Ingram don’t miss as many games as they did...

If we are accounting for injuries, I would be concerned if I am the Pelicans. Their main guys tend to miss a good chunk of time it seems like every season. Clippers are in the same boat, if their main guys don’t get hurt; they will exceed expectation but guys like Galinari are always hurt.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

That’s fair, imo the lakers get to 40 wins if Lonzo and Ingram don’t miss as many games as they did...

If we are accounting for injuries, I would be concerned if I am the Pelicans. Their main guys tend to miss a good chunk of time it seems like every season. Clippers are in the same boat, if their main guys don’t get hurt; they will exceed expectation but guys like Galinari are always hurt.

40 wins with LeBron? I hope I'm missing something.

Between 48-53 wins. 3-5 seed. And will make it to the Western Conference Finals against GS.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

When doing the adjustments - alternate scenarios to account for injuries, it is difficult to determine what is normal for games missed by key players and what level of games missed should be considered an outlier.

Gobert missed 26 games and Butler missed 23 games.

Nurkic missed 3 games, McCollum missed 1 game and Lillard missed 9 games for a total of 13 games missed.

Maybe the Portland trio can maintain that high level of durability, but they were just a few games better than Utah & Minnesota even with the advantage in games missed to injury.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Between 48-53 wins. 3-5 seed. And will make it to the Western Conference Finals against GS.

I meant 40 wins last season.

This year with Lebron, Lakers get 51 wins imo. 48-53 is good range...I posted 47-55 earlier.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
King Randle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

I meant 40 wins last season.

This year with Lebron, Lakers get 51 wins imo. 48-53 is good range...I posted 47-55 earlier.

We're on the same page bro....good call.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

GSW 62
BOS 59
HOU 56.5
TOR 56
PHI 53.5
UTA 50.5
MIL/OKC 48.5
DEN/IND/LAL 48
WSH 46
NO 45
MIA 43.5
SA 42.5
MIN/POR 42
DET 38.5
LAC 37.5
CHA/DAL 36
MEM 33.5
BKN 32.5
CLE 31.5
CHI/ORL 30.5
PHX 29
NYK 27.5
SAC 25.5
ATL 23.5

Portland will miss the playoff this year unless they make changes.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

We can just click and win close to 60 games. It can happen. Late 80's, early 90's will always stick out in my memory, and will always be the reason I have hopes that the Lakers might just click one day. I saw it with Portland when they made a gigantic leap in 1990 with virtually the same roster. 1989 Suns when Kevin Johnson exploded. San Antonio Spurs completely turned around with David Robinson. Utah Jazz became powerhouse after scaring the Lakers in the 88 playoffs. Now that I think of it, that period was probably the beginning of the West being stronger than the East and have maintained it ever since.

The 2005 Suns is also another example. Steve Nash just completely turned that team around. I know conservatives are thinking Bron will only improve us a few games, but the NBA is full of examples of major jumps. It just depends on the rest of the cast. If they somehow "get it," it's going to be a great season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
We can just click and win close to 60 games. It can happen. Late 80's, early 90's will always stick out in my memory, and will always be the reason I have hopes that the Lakers might just click one day. I saw it with Portland when they made a gigantic leap in 1990 with virtually the same roster. 1989 Suns when Kevin Johnson exploded. San Antonio Spurs completely turned around with David Robinson. Utah Jazz became powerhouse after scaring the Lakers in the 88 playoffs. Now that I think of it, that period was probably the beginning of the West being stronger than the East and have maintained it ever since.

The 2005 Suns is also another example. Steve Nash just completely turned that team around. I know conservatives are thinking Bron will only improve us a few games, but the NBA is full of examples of major jumps. It just depends on the rest of the cast. If they somehow "get it," it's going to be a great season.

Good thing is that LeBron is better then any player that played on those teams, so our success gap is much larger.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

The 2005 Sunsis also another example. Steve Nash just completely turned that team around. I know conservatives are thinking Bron will only improve us a few games, but the NBA is full of examples of major jumps. It just depends on the rest of the cast. If they somehow "get it," it's going to be a great season.

Great Example. If Lebron is as good as advertised I can totally see that jump. 29 wins to 62 wins. 35 wins to ???
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Projecting every game of the Lakers season
BySAM QUINN 16 hours ago

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/ContentGallery/Projecting-every-game-of-the-Lakers-season-122508789/#122508789_1
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Sorry for the ugly formatting, if someone else wants to post a prettier one be my guest. I've updated the first page with this as well, going to always have that one updated in case a discussion breaks out here.

Current seedings as of 11/9/2018

WEST

1 - Golden State Warriors (10-2)
2 - Denver Nuggets (9-2, 0.5 GB)
3 - Portland Trailblazers (9-3, 1 GB)
4 - Oklahoma City Thunder (7-4, 2.5 GB)
5 - San Antonio Spurs (6-4, 3 GB)
6 - Memphis Grizzlies (6-4, 3 GB)
7 - LA Clippers (6-5, 3.5 GB)
8 - Sacramento Kings (6-5, 3.5 GB)
--------------
T-9 LA Lakers (5-6, 4.5 GB) - tied with Utah and New Orleans. Houston is at 4-6

EAST

1 - Toronto Raptors (11-1)
2 - Milwaukee Bucks (9-2, 1.5 GB)
3 - Boston Celtics (7-4, 3.5 GB)
4 - Philadelphia 76ers (7-5, 4 GB)
5 - Indiana Pacers (7-5, 4 GB)
6 - Charlotte Hornets (6-5, 4.5 GB)
7 - Miami Heat (5-5, 5 GB)
8 - Detroit Pistons (5-5, 5 GB)

Needless to say... a ton of surprises. It's early though, obviously.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Sorry for the ugly formatting, if someone else wants to post a prettier one be my guest. I've updated the first page with this as well, going to always have that one updated in case a discussion breaks out here.

Current seedings as of 11/9/2018

WEST

1 - Golden State Warriors (10-2)
2 - Denver Nuggets (9-2, 0.5 GB)
3 - Portland Trailblazers (9-3, 1 GB)
4 - Oklahoma City Thunder (7-4, 2.5 GB)
5 - San Antonio Spurs (6-4, 3 GB)
6 - Memphis Grizzlies (6-4, 3 GB)
7 - LA Clippers (6-5, 3.5 GB)
8 - Sacramento Kings (6-5, 3.5 GB)
--------------
T-9 LA Lakers (5-6, 4.5 GB) - tied with Utah and New Orleans. Houston is at 4-6

EAST

1 - Toronto Raptors (11-1)
2 - Milwaukee Bucks (9-2, 1.5 GB)
3 - Boston Celtics (7-4, 3.5 GB)
4 - Philadelphia 76ers (7-5, 4 GB)
5 - Indiana Pacers (7-5, 4 GB)
6 - Charlotte Hornets (6-5, 4.5 GB)
7 - Miami Heat (5-5, 5 GB)
8 - Detroit Pistons (5-5, 5 GB)

Needless to say... a ton of surprises. It's early though, obviously.

Win tomorrow against the Kings and we're tied for 8th!
Playoffs!

Have we been top 8 after 12 games the last 4 years? I know we were 10-10 in 2016-17, but were in in the top 8 record wise?
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Have we been top 8 after 12 games the last 4 years? I know we were 10-10 in 2016-17, but were in in the top 8 record wise?

Honestly I haven't even paid attention to the playoff standings much the last few years so I don't even really know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
epak wrote:

Honestly I haven't even paid attention to the playoff standings much the last few years so I don't even really know.

Same haha.. I caught myself checking the standing a couple days ago for the first time in quite awhile.. It is nice to see most of the top picks for the west (besides the warriors) struggling as well to start.. The 2-8 seed is wide open this year at this point so it would be nice to see the Lakers go on a bit of a winning streak now. Only 2 games back of a top 4 record was surprising to see with how we started so far.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Tied for eighth.
We're in!
And no looking back baby!!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Not a good night for the playoff watch crowd
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Jeebus how are the Clips pulling off all these wins over great teams? Are they legit or are they the ultimate trap game team? I haven’t seen them play at all this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Jeebus how are the Clips pulling off all these wins over great teams? Are they legit or are they the ultimate trap game team? I haven’t seen them play at all this year.

Thing about them is that they have so many hustlers and guys who play with effort, also most of there wins have come by teams who were missing a major piece due to a injury, I do think they have a shot at making the playoffs but they will eventually comeback down to earth, they were fortunate Durant’s fouled out in OT or they probably lose the game against the Warriors but Rivers has them playing with good effort despite having no true star on that team.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

Like IG said, they outwork opponents. No egos on that team and so it keeps them in games and they have pulled off some wins.

SGA kid can play. He’s had some really good, mature games. Impressive for a rookie PG.

They do rely a lot on Harrell and Lou which I think will eventually do them in but who knows. They have a lot of depth so when someone is not playing well, others seems to pick it up.

Probably an injury to Galinari or Harris away from maybe falling off, but otherwise I think they are underestimated and will probably be in the race all season if they stay healthy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 7 of 79
Jump to: