Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018

Post the deals fellas!

And for those of you brave enough to battle the crowds instead of shopping online, may God have mercy on your souls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018

22 wrote:
Post the deals fellas!

And for those of you brave enough to battle the crowds instead of shopping online, may God have mercy on your souls.

Other than limited quantity doorbusters there hasn't been a reason to go into a store for BF in at least a decade.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Those deals are pretty weak this year probably because online shopping has decimated the need to shop at a brick and mortar.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018

22 wrote:
Post the deals fellas!

The truth is. the black friday deals are no longer deals. They are basic everyday sales or they are selling things like big screen TV's that are a year or so old. Not that it matters unless you're really into TV's and all the specifics. if you just want yourself a 4k tv on the cheap. you can get a nice deal on that right now. no need to wait for the fake black friday sells.

and whoever is going out there and buying stuff is just doing it to be apart of something. otherwise there is no logical reason to go out there and deal with the madness when you can get those same deals and better online(especially on Cyber monday when the real deals kick in.)

The worse thing to happen to black friday was the internet/social media where everyone knows about it. there is no way that these stores can provide those good old super sells they use to with the entire planet knowing that these items are on super sell. and now that the stores knows its just a FAD. they are abusing people with that idea in mind and marking up prices, then throwing black friday sell on them too(which is illegal but they do it anway.. old school circuit city did that for decades and finally got caught before they went BR.)
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Post the deals fellas!

Other than limited quantity doorbusters there hasn't been a reason to go into a store for BF in at least a decade.
exactly. It's a fad at this point. people do it to be apart of something. I remember the last time my older bro hit me up " you ready to make that Camarillo run? everyone knows thats the outlets and on black friday it should be super deals. but from the previous years lackluster deals but super long lines. I told him "make that run to get What?"

He replied yep, you're right. why waste that trip. If we just want to hang we can just hang out. no need to lie to ourselves as if we're getting real deals on that day.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

The internet has really killed the surprise and the actual deals out there.

There is no hype like it used to be.

All these stores go black friday two to three times a year. L
Advertising doorbusters when they are barely good deals at all.

Really takes the air out of black friday.

Bye.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Black Friday worked in the past because tech was super expensive....getting a laptop for around $200 when the price of entry was around $500 was unheard of. These days you can probably get a throw away laptop for that price. Would you freeze your butt off to save 50-100 bucks? Probably not.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I don't see any reason to go in person haha

I'm looking to see if there are any legit backyard furniture deals (remodeling my backyard) and Blurays. Gotta complete my MCU collection
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Black Friday worked in the past because tech was super expensive....getting a laptop for around $200 when the price of entry was around $500 was unheard of. These days you can probably get a throw away laptop for that price. Would you freeze your butt off to save 50-100 bucks? Probably not.
excellent point as well.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Yet people still willing to stand in line at Walmart and risk getting trampled. Watching these YT videos has almost become a holiday tradition for me.

22 wrote:
Gotta complete my MCU collection

Which ones are you missing?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
22 wrote:

Yet people still willing to stand in line at Walmart and risk getting trampled. Watching these YT videos has almost become a holiday tradition for me.

22 wrote:

Everything before Winter Soldier. That's when I first started buying them. I think it's like 13 movies

Yeah I have no clue why people would risk all that for "another TV" bahahah
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

So supposedly Lowe’s is having their black Friday “sales” all month. This little black and decker blower/vacuum/mulcher caught my eye. Apparently the deal is so good you have to add it to your cart just to see it.

I add it and it comes out to $50. Seems worth it it had good reviews. Then I decided to amazon and they have the same model for $5 cheaper and not any sale lol.

SMH ordered it prime and it’ll be here tomorrow haha
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I wouldn't but a lot of people will.

Slap the term "Black Friday sale" on an item and people go crazy.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Black Friday sucks, but I'm going to see if there are any Cyber Monday deals for electronics. I'm looking for a high end digital piano (doesn't seem like the kind of thing that goes on sale but you never know?) and an iPad (mostly to read sheet music lol). It's just price shopping
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Black Friday sucks, but I'm going to see if there are any Cyber Monday deals for electronics. I'm looking for a high end digital piano (doesn't seem like the kind of thing that goes on sale but you never know?) and an iPad (mostly to read sheet music lol). It's just price shopping

I'd love to know what you find! I've been thinking of getting a decent one for myself to get back playing again. No clue what's good and what not.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject:

I need a 27+ inch monitor, preferably 144hz. please keep an eye out boyos
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:

I'd love to know what you find! I've been thinking of getting a decent one for myself to get back playing again. No clue what's good and what not.

For sure. Black Friday deals aside, I think the best cheap keyboard you should look into is the Yamaha P-135, or maybe the P-45.
The P-45 is sort of a barebones version of P-135 with similar key action but it's lacking in polyphony (# of notes you can play simultaneously via sustain pedal... it's 64 though so it's good enough unless you're advanced), some sound options, etc.
The P-135 is the latest in the line that I have right now (I have the P-105, they've since released 115, 125, and now 135), and it's probably the most complete entry keyboard you can get. For me the most important thing is the key action and it served me well enough for a long while, but I've been taking lessons on a grand and this just isn't cutting it for me anymore.
If you get beyond this price point I think Kawai and Roland keyboards start making sense. I'm looking at getting the Kawai ES8 which retails for ~$1800-2000 so I'm hoping for some kind of Black Friday deal on one.

I should also mention if you want to gig or something another keyboard might make sense, maybe even a MIDI controller. Then again, the P-series is pretty portable in its own right.

(Also it goes without saying but head over to a music store and test play any piano you're debating buying.)
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

sup
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Any good deals on tablets? iPads or whatever
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject:

Walmart was selling the new 2018 iPads for 80 bucks off. 250 for the base 32gb model, iirc. Decent deal if you need one.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

I picked up a 1TB Ps4 Spider-Man edition for $199. Pretty pumped for that
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

Costco giving away $25 cash cards + $25 off $250 coupon for new member signups ($60/year)
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
22 wrote:

22 wrote:

Everything before Winter Soldier. That's when I first started buying them. I think it's like 13 movies

Yeah I have no clue why people would risk all that for "another TV" bahahah

Couldn't find any MCU movies on sale but Best Buy has some great BF prices on Blu Rays and UHD movies with free shipping.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Salvation Army was 75% off everything in store from 6-9 this morning

Some new Cabelas gore-tex pants $5
Shoes were $2
Shirts 1-2.50

Supports a good cause too

It's never too soon to do a kind act for you never know when it could be
Too late
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

If anyone see’s a Gilligan’s Island pinball machine please post it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: