Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
That fan behind the wolves bench whistling during Kuzma’s free throws should have been punched.

That's where it was coming from? Yeah I almost typed the same thing after the Kuz miss. He had a loud whistle. A busted lip would have fixed that problem.

Staples Center Prohibited Items
Quote:
Backpacks of any size and all bags larger than 14”x14”x6”
Weapons of any kind (guns/knives/pepper spray), any object that can be used to inflict bodily injury or disrupt the event, chemical dispensing devices, noise making devices, 2-way radios
Laser pointers, flashlights, handcuffs, fireworks, alcohol, drugs, and/or illegal substances
Outside food & beverage, glass bottles, cans, flasks, coolers • Professional photography equipment (detachable/interchangeable lenses), audio/video recording devices, tripods, monopods (selfie sticks), tablets, laptops, computers, promotional materials
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

LBJ’s composure and leadership has this team headed in the right direction. The young guys are showing maturity and we finally played some defense tonight.
Tyson Chandler’s nine rebounds and his defense were impressive.

Last edited by pio2u on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LBJ’s composure and leadership has this team headed in the right direction. The young guys are showing maturity and we finally played some defense tonight.
Tyson Chandler’s nine rebounds and defense were impressive.

Amazing how attitude can be so impactful
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Great game from BI!!!

I’m getting tired of defending him from my family, co workers, Laker haters, and Stephen A Smith on his Instagram page comments ( SAS replied to my comment )

He came out swinging tonight! 🔥🏀🔥🏀🔥🏀🔥🏀
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Great game from BI!!!

I’m getting tired of defending him from my family, co workers, Laker haters, and Stephen A Smith on his Instagram page comments ( SAS replied to my comment )

BI was focused in all night long. Great all around effort.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Minnesota is the best dysfunctional team I’ve ever seen. Despite all their issues and drama, they compete and are in every game. They had just one game against the Bucks where they didn’t show up.

Honestly they play better than 4-8, but that’s life in the West.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Minnesota is the best dysfunctional team I’ve ever seen. Despite all their issues and drama, they compete and are in every game. They had just one game against the Bucks where they didn’t show up.

That record doesn't really reflect their team. I think there were games where Butler just sits out.
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
To be honest, this felt like a game the Lakers survived, rather than won.

It's early, and we haven't had time to gel as a team on defense yet. I don't think it's going to stay this bad.

There are ways to see things.

We beat a team with:

- Ex MVP playing like an all star and with a career night from 3,
- Butler playing like an All Star,
- KAT who is an All Star,
- Gibson who suddenly joined the ranks of 3 making Centers.

We were up 7 2 minutes down the road when Rose started to, once again, drill 3's.

Lebron did not take over but i thing that having Chandler, Lebron and Rondo helped up keep our composure down the stretch.

You can bet your life that with McGee and Ball we would have ultimately lost.

Team did good. We shot well from 3 and Ft's, D improved a lot with Tyson. Rotations were correct.

NEXT.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Anyone notice that it sounded like Mark Jackson was making a case for himself to take Luke's job during the broadcast?
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Minnesota is a whole different beast when Rose and Butler are playing. They are a playoff team, if not for their dysfunction, I could see this team being successful IF Rose can stay healthy. He looks like his MVP self again with his quickness back.

This was a solid, well fought win. Wasn’t pretty per se, but it was a win.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I have no problem with Lonzo sitting in favor of Rondo. Both of them were struggling at the time it came down to who Luke trusted more, the vet or the prized sophomore. What is subject of debate would've been Rondo or Hart.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I’m not Impressed, it took heroic acts from Derrick Rose for them to have a chance at the end, before this game they were losing by a whopping 19PPG by getting roasted by Portland/Clippers/GS I would say Derrick Rose rejuvenating his post-injury career has made them somewhat relevant which is pathetic because Towns is supposed to be making the difference, he’s there franchise-cornerstone.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Tyson Chandler’s nine rebounds and his defense were impressive.

The hero we need.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I’m not Impressed, it took heroic acts from Derrick Rose for them to get the win at the end, before this game they were losing by a whopping 19PPG by getting roasted by Portland/Clippers/GS I would say Derrick Rose rejuvenating his post-injury career has made them some relevant which is pathetic because Towns is supposed to be making the difference.

But they were in those games until late. Actually played really well last Friday @GSW. They had a good shot to win it until GSW separated late.

Good win for the Lakers. Chandler big plays in last minute.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I’m not Impressed, it took heroic acts from Derrick Rose for them to get the win at the end, before this game they were losing by a whopping 19PPG by getting roasted by Portland/Clippers/GS I would say Derrick Rose rejuvenating his post-injury career has made them some relevant which is pathetic because Towns is supposed to be making the difference.

But they were in those games until late. Actually played really well last Friday @GSW. They had a good shot to win it until GSW separated late.

Good win for the Lakers. Chandler big plays in last minute.

They are supposed in those games in a perfect theory cause they have a bunch of weapons on that team, Still shocked that they haven’t traded Butler yet, maybe there is a wink-wink deal to finish out the season and hope the team can make a run at the playoffs.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

GabKoost wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
To be honest, this felt like a game the Lakers survived, rather than won.

It's early, and we haven't had time to gel as a team on defense yet. I don't think it's going to stay this bad.

There are ways to see things.

We beat a team with:

- Ex MVP playing like an all star and with a career night from 3,
- Butler playing like an All Star,
- KAT who is an All Star,
- Gibson who suddenly joined the ranks of 3 making Centers.

We were up 7 2 minutes down the road when Rose started to, once again, drill 3's.

Lebron did not take over but i thing that having Chandler, Lebron and Rondo helped up keep our composure down the stretch.

You can bet your life that with McGee and Ball we would have ultimately lost.

Team did good. We shot well from 3 and Ft's, D improved a lot with Tyson. Rotations were correct.

NEXT.

I do admire the way Chandler played all game, and the same goes for Hart. I didn't like BI's offense early on, but as the game progressed I realized how much he was contributing defensively. BI really turned it on from outside late. I liked seeing that.

Most of all we survived Minnesota turning shrieking hot against us from outside, and still managed to win this. Good result.
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Great game from BI!!!

Can you post that 😊
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Nice contribution from BI!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Butler plays against Kings? I hope he does so he makes the game interesting and tires them out against us on the b2b.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
Anyone notice that it sounded like Mark Jackson was making a case for himself to take Luke's job during the broadcast?

He was and doing a really poor job of it
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

The Lakers had four players score 20 or more against Minnesota. It's only the fifth time in LeBron James' career that his team had such balanced scoring with four 20-point scorers in a game according to ESPN Stats and Info. The previous four times came with Cleveland.

NBA 4m
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:

That's every Mark Jackson broadcast. Even when the Lakers aren't playing he spends a lot of time trying to endear himself to the Lakers FO. He wants to be here so bad.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

After surrendering 20 total offensive rebounds to Minnesota while struggling to stop the Wolves in the fourth quarter of their last meeting, the Lakers watched Tyson Chandler become the first player this season to have multiple offensive rebounds in the final minute of a one-possession game that resulted in a win according to ESPN Stats and Info. Minnesota also shot 4-for-13 when Chandler was the primary defender.

NBA 29m
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject:

Did Derrick Rose really yell "Weak Ass Ni****" at the Lakers? Or "We got this"?

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1060397048070049793?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1060397048070049793&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fclutchpoints.com%2Ftimberwolves-video-derrick-rose-drills-3-pointer-nsfw-words-lonzo-ball%2F
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject:

I am greatly disappointed in this team's defense. On paper, you have a lot of solid defenders and it just hasn't materialized yet this season, allowing 110+ every game is laughable. It's come to the point where I am more shocked when the opposition misses a shot than makes one.

I hope the addition of Tyson helps solidify that aspect of the game. He will definitely hold people accountable, he will even call out LBJ for blowing an assignment, etc.

Glad he was there at the end or else I don't realistically think the Lakers win tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 53 of 54
Jump to: