Los Angeles area teacher arrested after punching student in class
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Los Angeles area teacher arrested after punching student in class

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/11/02/maywood-teacher-arrested-hitting-student/

Quote:
Video: Maywood Academy Teacher Arrested After Punching Student In Class

MAYWOOD (CBSLA) — A teacher at Maywood Academy High School was arrested Friday after a violent altercation with a student inside a classroom.

In the video, the teacher, identified as 64-year-old Marston Riley, can be seen decking the student after a confrontation. The two then go at it in a horribly disturbing fist fight, reports CBS2’s Tom Wait, all of this unfolding in a band class full of stunned students, some who recorded the incident with their cell phones.

The beating is nonstop, with the teacher wailing on the student, even using an object, perhaps his phone, to pummel the boy to the ground. Students and an adult try to pull the student away, but the teacher is relentless — the student struggled to escape.

“I was scared for the kid, and partly for the teacher too,” said one student who was in the classroom at the time. He told CBS2 the fight started after the teacher told the student he was not wearing the proper school uniform. The student responded with a tirade of racist profanities, which can be heard in the video before the fight started.

“It was just back and forth, back and forth, and then the teacher just decided to throw a punch and that’s when everything happened,” the student said.

Riley’s wife told CBS2’s Stacey Butler she had not spoken with her husband. “I don’t know anything. I don’t even know what happened,” she said.

The fallout from the video is just beginning. Parents are furious.

“I’m shocked. Why did it have to escalate to this point?” one woman said.

“I think something needs to be done. That’s way out of hand,” said another parent.

The district did not release a statement about the incident, telling CBS2 it was a personnel matter.

“I send my kids [to] school to learn, not to hit,” another parent said.

The student was taken to the hospital. He is believed to be OK.

Marston remained in custody Friday night on $50,000 bail at the LA County Jail.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

>kid constantly crossed the line; this time repeatedly used the n-word to a 60+ year-old African American teacher

teacher spoke the only language that kid understands. He was released from custody on saturday.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

You know, if parents can teach their kids to behave at home, I have no problem with a little school yard justice...
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
You know, if parents can teach their kids to behave at home, I have no problem with a little school yard justice...

what?????

The whole point of being a teacher is to teach kids how to deal with adverse people/situations that they will undoubtedly encounter in their life.

He basically went Ron Artest on the kid.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

The teacher probably shouldnt have done it, but with how kids are now days, im shocked more people havent snapped. This goes back to being a parent problem. Parents arent doing their jobs and teaching respect.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

what?????

The whole point of being a teacher is to teach kids how to deal with adverse people/situations that they will undoubtedly encounter in their life.

he basically didnt. that kid basically went kkk on him with the tirade of racist remarks. here's the problem. racist that are excited now and THINK they can say and do anything to anyone with no regard for those people because their racist in chief is in the white house. everybody aint having it. Some of these people will end up meeting those 5 fingers. and sorry to say this but hey, you get what you asked for some times. forget all that PC nonsense about the teacher should've.... nope. sometimes you get what you ask for. you ask for it. didnt think you were going to get it and now you got it. now we all know the teacher is going to take the biggest loss in this for one, he's a teacher, for two he's a black man. so we already know. he's already spending money on bail most likely. so there that goes.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

what?????

he basically didnt. that kid basically went kkk on him with the tirade of racist remarks. here's the problem. racist that are excited now and THINK they can say and do anything to anyone with no regard for those people because their racist in chief is in the white house. everybody aint having it. Some of these people will end up meeting those 5 fingers. and sorry to say this but hey, you get what you asked for some times. forget all that PC nonsense about the teacher should've.... nope. sometimes you get what you ask for. you ask for it. didnt think you were going to get it and now you got it. now we all know the teacher is going to take the biggest loss in this for one, he's a teacher, for two he's a black man. so we already know. he's already spending money on bail most likely. so there that goes.

There's 2 sides to this. Not saying what the kid did was right. Of course not.

But life is full of people like that. Life is full of people who don't act right. And it's not about being PC. It's about how do you deal with people who test your nerves. How do you deal with people who don't act right.

That's one way to do it, do what the teacher did. He just lost everything. It's a shame. Dude lost everything. And that's what you don't want to happen. That's what he wants to teach the kids. How can I deal with hateful people and not lose everything?

That's not about being PC, that's just about being real. Don't let others push your buttons where you end up reacting to them and losing everything.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait til this kid gets to vote.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Can't wait til this kid gets to vote.

well id bet he will have a felony or 2 around that time
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

This reporter know how to report a fight:

decking the student

wailing on the student
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Doesn't matter how much the kid asked for it or deserved it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

unfortunately you're right. Teachers, Police officers, doctors, nurses, EMTs... have to remain professional despite insults, curses or any verbal attacks
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

unfortunately you're right. Teachers, Police officers, doctors, nurses, EMTs... have to remain professional despite insults, curses or any verbal attacks
Grocery store employees, bank workers, Uber drivers, crossing guards, flight attendants - basically anyone who comes into contact with other people. We all went to kindergarten and that is where I learned to ignore mean words. That teacher failed. He could have had the student removed and show the rest of the class how to deal with the horrible people we all encounter, and instead will lose his job and go to jail.

64 years old and got suckered by a POS brat.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, many parents think their responsibilities end once they bust a nut. If parents actually took the time to raise their kids instead of expecting teachers/babysitters to do so, these issues would be almost nonexistent. However, parenting these days usually involves purchasing an iPad or PS4 for a spoiled kid and letting them manage themselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

what?????

KKK? Kid looks latino to me and Maywood High School is almost entirely hispanic.

Quote:
Demographics
Race
The Maywood Academy High student body is almost exclusively Hispanic with a small White population and has extremely low racial diversity.

Race Percent Students
White 0.7% 9
Black 0% 0
Hispanic 98.8% 1,306
Asian Pacific 0.2% 3
Native American Indian 0.1% 1
Hawaiian Pacific Inlander 0.1% 1
Two or more races 0.2% 2

The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

what?????

KKK? Kid looks latino to me and Maywood High School is almost entirely hispanic.

Quote:
Demographics
Race
The Maywood Academy High student body is almost exclusively Hispanic with a small White population and has extremely low racial diversity.

Race Percent Students
White 0.7% 9
Black 0% 0
Hispanic 98.8% 1,306
Asian Pacific 0.2% 3
Native American Indian 0.1% 1
Hawaiian Pacific Inlander 0.1% 1
Two or more races 0.2% 2

Now why did you have to use actual logic and facts? Don't you know how it works here everything is Trumps fault.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Grocery store employees, bank workers, Uber drivers, crossing guards, flight attendants - basically anyone who comes into contact with other people. We all went to kindergarten and that is where I learned to ignore mean words. That teacher failed. He could have had the student removed and show the rest of the class how to deal with the horrible people we all encounter, and instead will lose his job and go to jail.

64 years old and got suckered by a POS brat.

Fortunately, some people still get that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Unfortunately, many parents think their responsibilities end once they bust a nut. If parents actually took the time to raise their kids instead of expecting teachers/babysitters to do so, these issues would be almost nonexistent. However, parenting these days usually involves purchasing an iPad or PS4 for a spoiled kid and letting them manage themselves.

You mean like this mom that got strangled and killed by her teen for yelling at him for getting a D? If she would have raised him properly, this issue would be nonexistent?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-teen-kills-mom-after-argument-over-bad-grade
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
The teacher probably shouldnt have done it, but with how kids are now days, im shocked more people havent snapped. This goes back to being a parent problem. Parents arent doing their jobs and teaching respect.

It's not only a parent problem. It's a society problem. 50, 70 years ago we had a pretty clear common understanding of parenting and education. If you misbehaved as a child everybody would tell you, no matter if you are at home, school or just out on the streets. If I tell my neighbor kids to stop throwing rocks in windows I probably will get sued.

If someone tells my kids to be quiet if they are too loud in the subway - you would actually help me out quite a bit. If it's only me telling them to shut up - they probably don't care too much or take the risk. If the whole subway tells them the same thing I do - I guess my words become a lot more meaningful...
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
If I tell my neighbor kids to stop throwing rocks in windows I probably will get sued.

No need to exaggerate to make a point.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:

It's not only a parent problem. It's a society problem. 50, 70 years ago we had a pretty clear common understanding of parenting and education. If you misbehaved as a child everybody would tell you, no matter if you are at home, school or just out on the streets. If I tell my neighbor kids to stop throwing rocks in windows I probably will get sued.

If someone tells my kids to be quiet if they are too loud in the subway - you would actually help me out quite a bit. If it's only me telling them to shut up - they probably don't care too much or take the risk. If the whole subway tells them the same thing I do - I guess my words become a lot more meaningful...

People always clamor for the good ole days, forgetting some of the problems of the good ole days.

Teachers used to be able to spank a kid in school, until they started actually beating and abusing them.

It's nice that you want your neighbors to yell at your kids - until you realize that maybe your neighbor's definition of "yelling" doesn't quite match with yours. Instead of a nice "kids please be quiet" you might get a "shut the F up you little twits!"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

The adage It takes a village is no more apropos than in what you posted. My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi²

As a child I was raised by the community. I had respect for my elders. If you disrespected a elder you could expect to be disciplined when your parents got wind of the disrespect. Of course those elders deserved to be respected.

Nowadays if you say boo to a child expect the parents of some to go postal without asking why you said boo. It's a different world.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

The adage It takes a village is no more apropos than in what you posted. My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi²

As a child I was raised by the community. I had respect for my elders. If you disrespected a elder you could expect to be disciplined when your parents got wind of the disrespect. Of course those elders deserved to be respected.

Nowadays if you say boo to a child expect the parents of some to go postal without asking why you said boo. It's a different world.

I don't blame parents. If I'm walking in a park nowadays and I see children playing, I'm going to stay away from them. I don't want to alarm any parents by going over there and trying to be a "village elder" to their kids.

You might clamor for the old days of being raised by a village, until you actually go on the sex offenders registry and see how many sex offenders are actually living in your village.
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It's really a shame as that culture is infecting the school system as well. Schoools can't even provide common sense care to a child due to the threat of litigation. I got a call from my daughters school last week that she had fell off the monkey bars and hurt her private parts. My 6 year old daughter told them that she was bleeding but they weren't able to check because it was her private area. Luckily I work close by since when I got there and checked her underwear was soaked with blood from an open wound that was still bleeding. It's asinine that they would let a child sit there bleeding without care because everyone is afraid of getting sued these days.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It's really a shame as that culture is infecting the school system as well. Schoools can't even provide common sense care to a child due to the threat of litigation. I got a call from my daughters school last week that she had fell off the monkey bars and hurt her private parts. My 6 year old daughter told them that she was bleeding but they weren't able to check because it was her private area. Luckily I work close by since when I got there and checked her underwear was soaked with blood from an open wound that was still bleeding. It's asinine that they would let a child sit there bleeding without care because everyone is afraid of getting sued these days.

It's not culture. Something bad happened and the school wanted to protect themselves. It's always a reaction to something bad happening.

Probably some teacher was caught touching a student in the private parts and he came up with an excuse that the student told him that he/she was hurting down there in the private parts so he had to feel down there to see where he/she was hurting at.

So it's a big loophole for pedofiles to explain away why they were touching kids in their private parts. They can always say, oh the kid told me they were hurting down there. So, it's a reaction to that loophole by closing it all off. Just don't touch them down there w/o parents permission, period.

It's like how we used to be able to fly freely until 9/11, now liquids over 4 oz are some kind of big danger and security checkins are now 2hrs long.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: