Daredevil (Netflix) Season 2 - Jon Bernthal will be The PUNISHER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Got up to ep 12 before I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so saving the finale for tonight. This season has truly been binge worthy.

I'll say it again. MCU needs to leave Daredevil and Punisher to Netflix. They just don't fit in MCU's space and magic kid-friendly universe. Leave these two for the grown ups or leave the creative team intact and let them do their thing if you're going to import them.

I did the same thing. The last episode is a really good final.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Got up to ep 12 before I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so saving the finale for tonight. This season has truly been binge worthy.

I'll say it again. MCU needs to leave Daredevil and Punisher to Netflix. They just don't fit in MCU's space and magic kid-friendly universe. Leave these two for the grown ups or leave the creative team intact and let them do their thing if you're going to import them.

I was actually shocked how dark the last season of Agents of SHIELD got. Besides the language it is pretty close in tone (in moments) to DD and Punisher

Have you seen Runaways or Cloak & Dagger? C&D and to a lesser extent runaways is also more mature toned shows even though their intended audience is teens
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I was actually shocked how dark the last season of Agents of SHIELD got. Besides the language it is pretty close in tone (in moments) to DD and Punisher

Have you seen Runaways or Cloak & Dagger? C&D and to a lesser extent runaways is also more mature toned shows even though their intended audience is teens

I haven't seen Runaways but I did watch C&D. It was good but I thought of it more as a tweener show.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
22 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I haven't seen Runaways but I did watch C&D. It was good but I thought of it more as a tweener show.

it's def a tweener show haha, but even then it showed people getting shot in the head. Even Venom didnt show anything that violent. Maybe I'm out of touch with the ratings these days haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

The finale introduced Poindexter, he killed his coach with a baseball. He'll become Bullseye. I wonder if he's going to have a costume? Judging from posts I've read I'm probably the only one who likes Colin Farell as Bullseye.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Daredevil has been cancelled on Netflix

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/daredevil-canceled-1203054452/

Quote:
“Marvel’s Daredevil will not return for a fourth season on Netflix. We are tremendously proud of the show’s last and final season and although it’s painful for the fans, we feel it best to close this chapter on a high note,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement.

While the series on Netflix has ended, the three existing seasons will remain on the service for years to come, while the Daredevil character will live on in future projects for Marvel.”

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Don’t trip mang, Disney will be moving all the new stuff to their streaming service
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

That's sad.

Season 1 Daredevil was amazing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I was looking forward to a new season. They just started to delve into the characters early lives, showing what caused them to be what they became.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

It will be back just not on Netflix
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

You think Disney+? Is Disney+ going to run anything PG-13 and higher rating? That would mean no Jessica Jones, no Punisher if they don't. Both of which sound like they will be canceled shortly after their next seasons drop on Netflix.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Disney Doesn’t Want Marvel-Netflix Shows On Their Streaming Service

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/disney-netflix-partnership-winds-will-happen-existing-shows/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
22 wrote:

You think Disney+? Is Disney+ going to run anything PG-13 and higher rating? That would mean no Jessica Jones, no Punisher if they don't. Both of which sound like they will be canceled shortly after their next seasons drop on Netflix.

I think they will find somewhere else for it if not on their Disney+. Freeform or Hulu are other options for them
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

Marvel Promises More Daredevil “Adventures” After Netflix Cancellation

Interesting headline but little meat in the story.

Quote:

A statement this morning from the home of The Avengers and Spider-man used similar language to what the streamer signed off with to indicate that Hell’s Kitchen’s blind protector isn’t done yet on the small or even big screen. “We look forward to more adventures with the Man without Fear in the future,” the Disney-owned comic giant said Friday.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/daredevil-tv-series-future-plans-canceled-netflix-disney-1202511808/
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

I wasn't a big fan of season two. Punisher was a bright spot but I wasn't a fan of the whole Chaste story line and the "war". Season 3 however has been spectacular. Really incredible. Once you get through episode 9 it becomes one of the best Marvel seasons imo.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

I know the Netflix deal says the characters can't be used on any non-Netflix service for 2 years. That said, I really hope they can negotiate something and continue all of the Netflix shows in some capacity before the 2 year mark hits.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

I really hope Bernthal gets picked if they ever do a Punisher feature film.

Sadly, it seems the tv actors never get to reprise their roles on the big screen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: