PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1026, 1027, 1028

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24652

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
interesting perspective! you may be right. we will never know though.

Runway8 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
I don't know why PG feels the need to keep explaining his reasons for not signing with the Lakers. Is it a image repair thing or to keep his name in the news cycle? He used to be a brand ambassador for Gatorade back when he was the Pacers but I haven't seen any new commercials starring PG since then.


The Lakers have done Mintz and PG13 a solid by not commenting, or tell the truth. A lot of people are not looking at it from a different perspective. WE DIDN'T WANT HIM. PG13 himself and the media started the snowball a few years ago. PG13's team got the picture that the Lakers want to go in a different direction, so he got on stage and announced he's staying, pushing the narrative that he shut out the Lakers, not the other way around. It would be pretty embarrassing for PG13 after professing his love and desire to go home.

That is my read on this thing. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling I'm right. Magic and Rob's opinion of PG13 could be right in line with mine, he's not worth it. We been hearing about KD's free agency, AD signing with Rich Paul, these things make you wonder. So maybe we fans are playing checkers, when Rob and Magic are playing chess.

Purposely or accidentally, I'm glad the Lakers didn't blow the wad on PG13.


This is how I've been feeling. All these whispers about guys not wanting to play with Lebron etc lends me to believe that all these guys already know we have a done deal with someone. I think it's already a done deal with some 2019 free agent.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 96031
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
interesting perspective! you may be right. we will never know though.

Runway8 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
I don't know why PG feels the need to keep explaining his reasons for not signing with the Lakers. Is it a image repair thing or to keep his name in the news cycle? He used to be a brand ambassador for Gatorade back when he was the Pacers but I haven't seen any new commercials starring PG since then.


The Lakers have done Mintz and PG13 a solid by not commenting, or tell the truth. A lot of people are not looking at it from a different perspective. WE DIDN'T WANT HIM. PG13 himself and the media started the snowball a few years ago. PG13's team got the picture that the Lakers want to go in a different direction, so he got on stage and announced he's staying, pushing the narrative that he shut out the Lakers, not the other way around. It would be pretty embarrassing for PG13 after professing his love and desire to go home.

That is my read on this thing. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling I'm right. Magic and Rob's opinion of PG13 could be right in line with mine, he's not worth it. We been hearing about KD's free agency, AD signing with Rich Paul, these things make you wonder. So maybe we fans are playing checkers, when Rob and Magic are playing chess.

Purposely or accidentally, I'm glad the Lakers didn't blow the wad on PG13.


This is how I've been feeling. All these whispers about guys not wanting to play with Lebron etc lends me to believe that all these guys already know we have a done deal with someone. I think it's already a done deal with some 2019 free agent.


But no one is allowef to...(Mitch K. voice as he finishes talking with Mozgov at 11:59 P.M.).
_________________
Lakers most hated list: 1) Celtics; 2) Mintz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3690

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Paul George defends playing with Russell Westbrook by throwing shade at LeBron James

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/10/paul-george-players-have-hard-time-playing-with-lebron

Quote:
Paul George answered complaints from former Russell Westbrook teammates about difficulties playing with Westbrook and his "me first" mentality on the court:

"My thing is, I like if I go on that court and there's a guy I don't have to worry about. When I look at [Westbrook], I have no worries that night about what I'm gonna get out of him. I know he's gonna bring it, he's going to give everything he has. I like that. That motivates me, that pushes me, that keeps me going."

However, unprompted, George brought up another player who he thinks might be difficult to play with. That player happens to now star for the Lakers.

"You could say that about a lot of guys," George says of the difficulty in sharing the court with Russ. "LeBron is the best player in our league, but some people have a hard time playing with him. One thing you can't say about [Westbrook] is that he's not ready or he's not prepared. That's him every night."


What the bleep
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 1274
Location: SFValley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I love Westbrook's electrifying dunks but damn he is a terrible shooter. Not only that but he shoots low % shots.

If you looked at Lonzo's terrible 3p shooting in his rookie year, he still shot 30.5% from 3. Westbrook shot 29.8% from 3 in the same year.

Westbrook is one injury away from becoming the next D-Rose. Assuming he stays healthy, he's still on the wrong side of 30. The athleticism will drop off eventually and he'll be even worse since he can't shoot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 5123
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Paul George defends playing with Russell Westbrook by throwing shade at LeBron James

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/10/paul-george-players-have-hard-time-playing-with-lebron

Quote:
Paul George answered complaints from former Russell Westbrook teammates about difficulties playing with Westbrook and his "me first" mentality on the court:

"My thing is, I like if I go on that court and there's a guy I don't have to worry about. When I look at [Westbrook], I have no worries that night about what I'm gonna get out of him. I know he's gonna bring it, he's going to give everything he has. I like that. That motivates me, that pushes me, that keeps me going."

However, unprompted, George brought up another player who he thinks might be difficult to play with. That player happens to now star for the Lakers.

"You could say that about a lot of guys," George says of the difficulty in sharing the court with Russ. "LeBron is the best player in our league, but some people have a hard time playing with him. One thing you can't say about [Westbrook] is that he's not ready or he's not prepared. That's him every night."


Harden and KD didn't think so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 28671
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

So the real reason he didn’t sign with us is that he didn’t want to play with LeBron?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 2425

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
So the real reason he didn’t sign with us is that he didn’t want to play with LeBron?


No, the *real* reason was he didn’t want to leave his new bff Westbrook and straddle the fence if he met with Magic. He only threw shade at LeBron so he could build his bff Westbrook up.
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9361
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

I am also a UCLA Bruin BB fan, so I really wanted to see Westbrook succeed.

That being said, Westbrook is the exact kind of player that I don't want. He is no where CLOSE to being the dominating kind of player that Kobe was. Did anyone see the last Boston game against OKC??

OKC was playing great, I was really surprised to see how well the "other guys" had stepped up and become a group of impactful players.

They were winning. Then Boston made a little run and RW decided to play hero ball. He shot them completely out of the game. It was a joke and it never stopped once it started. He ended out 5-20 with 13 points.

I would much rather have Lebron than RW. PG is a complete idiot and actually kind of an A**hole for calling Lebron out.
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 17276

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
He's been shooting .367 and .286 from trey, 30 mill a year for 4. No thank you. He and RWB scored 32 and 29 in a home loss to Sac. Two man team and not diversified like Kobe/Shaq. It won't be long before the Okies behind closed doors start wanting to drop that contract on someone else. He's gonna be their unfinished business. For all the bitching that Indy did, they were done a favor, too. They weren't left holding the bag when it came time to give him big numbers.


I also thought he would be a prime Blake Griffin candidate to be wined/dined/traded.


I just saw that John Wall is going to be paid 44 and 47 million in 2022 and 2023. My God. That's what Indy would've done with George. That's the kind of money that Ajlajdf;krjejre;jkumpo should get. PG's a superstar as far as the Indianapolis market is concerned. They're probably still pissed about the Lakers supposedly tampering and don't realize the gift they were handed. Both Indy and the Lakers lost out on him and they are the two teams that benefited from the situation. Pacers will probably have to find another star player in a future draft, but they're not going to be relegated to treadmill status and hamstrung by extending PG to the kind of numbers he got from the Okies.

Glad that Ginger has fallen off the map with the Pistons. No one talks about him anymore it seems. Maybe they do back East, but not too long ago, he was getting shoved down everyone's throat by the league apparatus/BSPN/ABC/TNT, etc.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9926

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
So the real reason he didn’t sign with us is that he didn’t want to play with LeBron?


He took his galaxy brain a step too far
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24652

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
I am also a UCLA Bruin BB fan, so I really wanted to see Westbrook succeed.

That being said, Westbrook is the exact kind of player that I don't want. He is no where CLOSE to being the dominating kind of player that Kobe was. Did anyone see the last Boston game against OKC??

OKC was playing great, I was really surprised to see how well the "other guys" had stepped up and become a group of impactful players.

They were winning. Then Boston made a little run and RW decided to play hero ball. He shot them completely out of the game. It was a joke and it never stopped once it started. He ended out 5-20 with 13 points.

I would much rather have Lebron than RW. PG is a complete idiot and actually kind of an A**hole for calling Lebron out.


Guy took 43 shots in a closeout game and missed most of them.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9734

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

what an idiotic thing to say when Westbrook clearly puts his stats over his teammates
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1026, 1027, 1028
Page 1028 of 1028
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB