PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

interesting perspective! you may be right. we will never know though.

Runway8 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
I don't know why PG feels the need to keep explaining his reasons for not signing with the Lakers. Is it a image repair thing or to keep his name in the news cycle? He used to be a brand ambassador for Gatorade back when he was the Pacers but I haven't seen any new commercials starring PG since then.

The Lakers have done Mintz and PG13 a solid by not commenting, or tell the truth. A lot of people are not looking at it from a different perspective. WE DIDN'T WANT HIM. PG13 himself and the media started the snowball a few years ago. PG13's team got the picture that the Lakers want to go in a different direction, so he got on stage and announced he's staying, pushing the narrative that he shut out the Lakers, not the other way around. It would be pretty embarrassing for PG13 after professing his love and desire to go home.

That is my read on this thing. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling I'm right. Magic and Rob's opinion of PG13 could be right in line with mine, he's not worth it. We been hearing about KD's free agency, AD signing with Rich Paul, these things make you wonder. So maybe we fans are playing checkers, when Rob and Magic are playing chess.

Purposely or accidentally, I'm glad the Lakers didn't blow the wad on PG13.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Paul George suggesting he could still sign with Lakers when his current contract is up, full interview:

Quote:
9:00 - talks why he chose to go to college in Fresno State over his dream college Pepperdine University (foreshadowing why he chose OKC over Lakers)

43:00 - talks about how Indiana didn’t want to send him to LA and LA not offering much to grab him

46:00 - “LA was pissed at me. I didn’t give Magic a (meeting). I did not explore (the Lakers option).”

47:00 - “I wanted to man, I honestly wanted to come back home, but I’m 28, still got time, still got another contract.”

Paul needs to realize that ship has sailed. Ideally he should just stop talking about the Lakers so everyone moves on.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Dwight has a better chance coming to the Lakers.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Paul George suggesting he could still sign with Lakers when his current contract is up, full interview:

Quote:
9:00 - talks why he chose to go to college in Fresno State over his dream college Pepperdine University (foreshadowing why he chose OKC over Lakers)

43:00 - talks about how Indiana didn’t want to send him to LA and LA not offering much to grab him

46:00 - “LA was pissed at me. I didn’t give Magic a (meeting). I did not explore (the Lakers option).”

47:00 - “I wanted to man, I honestly wanted to come back home, but I’m 28, still got time, still got another contract.”

Paul needs to realize that ship has sailed. Ideally he should just stop talking about the Lakers so everyone moves on.

This^^^^

He messed up and I bet he knows it now. He got all that love last year because OKC wanted to keep him and we wanted to take him. Now he is only getting 10% of the Love, because he stayed in OKC and gave us the Heisman.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I don't know why PG feels the need to keep explaining his reasons for not signing with the Lakers. Is it a image repair thing or to keep his name in the news cycle? He used to be a brand ambassador for Gatorade back when he was the Pacers but I haven't seen any new commercials starring PG since then.

I think it’s because reporters keep asking him about it. Although yes, would be much easier for him to at this point just shut everything down by saying, it is what it is, I’m here, no need to keep talking about my decision.

As for having another contract after this one - curious why would he even bring that up... this dude just needs to own it already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

plus if he or Mintz called Rob and Magic about his next contract... CLICK! (the phone)

pokoy wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I think it’s because reporters keep asking him about it. Although yes, would be much easier for him to at this point just shut everything down by saying, it is what it is, I’m here, no need to keep talking about my decision.

As for having another contract after this one - curious why would he even bring that up... this dude just needs to own it already.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Quote:

I noticed Paul keeps mentioning if the Lakers traded for him. I think his staying had more to do with money.

Coach Wooden
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
plus if he or Mintz called Rob and Magic about his next contract... CLICK! (the phone)

pokoy wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Mintz: Hey, Rob, guess what, PG is ready to be a Laker this time!

Rob : I'm sorry, who is this? And PG who?

Mintz: Come on, bud. It's me, Aaron Mintz! You know I'm talking about Paul George!

Rob: Oh. Yeah, (bleep) YOU. You guys are dead to me and the Lakers franchise. *slams the phone*
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Who cares?

Kawhi is 100 times better at this point if we can get him.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Who cares?

PG13 7-27 last night. Exactly why I didn't want him. Inefficient overall game. He was 3-11 from threes, which he'll do better on most night. But he was 4-16 from twos, that's the area I harped about. That area will not get better. Neither will his career 3.2 assists. People who lament on missing out on him just bought into the media hype, when they tried to push him to the Lakers.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

0-4
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Who cares?

PG13 7-27 last night. Exactly why I didn't want him. Inefficient overall game. He was 3-11 from threes, which he'll do better on most night. But he was 4-16 from twos, that's the area I harped about. That area will not get better. Neither will his career 3.2 assists. People who lament on missing out on him just bought into the media hype, when they tried to push him to the Lakers.

He always kind of reminded me of Carmelo on offense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

Welp for PG13. Hope he enjoys OKC for the next 3-4 years.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Welp for PG13. Hope he enjoys OKC for the next 3-4 years.

And enjoy watching Kuzma/McGee and others getting sweet passes for layups, dunks and open 3s from LeBron/Ball/Rondo... you go board hard on that WB jack up 3s PG!
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

Honestly the way he keeps bringing it up like this over and over sounds like he's still trying to convince himself he made the right decision. I bet Mintz convinced him not to take the meeting with Magic, and he regrets not even giving LA just a look.

GTFO with that "I have one more contract" mess. Nobody is going to want to pay you the max at 31 years of age.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Bet he regrets that "unfinished buisness " crap now
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Honestly the way he keeps bringing it up like this over and over sounds like he's still trying to convince himself he made the right decision. I bet Mintz convinced him not to take the meeting with Magic, and he regrets not even giving LA just a look.

GTFO with that "I have one more contract" mess. Nobody is going to want to pay you the max at 31 years of age.

I said it right after he signed that he would really rue this decision.

WB you could see was all over him like an abusive husband. PG13 should have followed his heart and now he has the consequences of being an afterthought in this league behind WB.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

WB you could see was all over him like an abusive husband. PG13 should have followed his heart and now he has the consequences of being an afterthought in this league behind WB.

I mean, i wouldn't go as far as thinking he'll regret it. He will come up with reasons to validate his decision (as we all do), and especially if he retires in OKC with all that money and they decide to retire his jersey? That would justify it for him and he'll be fine.

But he'll always wonder what it would have been like to play in his hometown with Lebron James and this young core.

I actually really wish he had signed here now. But mostly for trade bait. The Pels wouldn't trade AD to us for anyone or combination of our roster now (except Bron of course), but maybe they'd have to consider, PG and take their pick of whoever.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I mean, i wouldn't go as far as thinking he'll regret it. He will come up with reasons to validate his decision (as we all do), and especially if he retires in OKC with all that money and they decide to retire his jersey? That would justify it for him and he'll be fine.

But he'll always wonder what it would have been like to play in his hometown with Lebron James and this young core.

I actually really wish he had signed here now. But mostly for trade bait. The Pels wouldn't trade AD to us for anyone or combination of our roster now (except Bron of course), but maybe they'd have to consider, PG and take their pick of whoever.

Nah. I think he regrets it, ergo all the pieces coming out him and the Lakers. He would get his money (close to what he's getting at OKC) on the Lakers, be home and playing in front of his parents. But now he won't ever get that chance.

He was overly influenced by WB IMO, who knew that if PG13 left he was done.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

PG needs to focus on OKC lol. Taking shots at LeBron. At least LeBron makes his teammates better unlike low BB IQ Westbrook.

Last edited by saetarubia on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

He's been shooting .367 and .286 from trey, 30 mill a year for 4. No thank you. He and RWB scored 32 and 29 in a home loss to Sac. Two man team and not diversified like Kobe/Shaq. It won't be long before the Okies behind closed doors start wanting to drop that contract on someone else. He's gonna be their unfinished business. For all the (bleep) that Indy did, they were done a favor, too. They weren't left holding the bag when it came time to give him big numbers.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Who cares?

Pretty much.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
He's been shooting .367 and .286 from trey, 30 mill a year for 4. No thank you. He and RWB scored 32 and 29 in a home loss to Sac. Two man team and not diversified like Kobe/Shaq. It won't be long before the Okies behind closed doors start wanting to drop that contract on someone else. He's gonna be their unfinished business. For all the (bleep) that Indy did, they were done a favor, too. They weren't left holding the bag when it came time to give him big numbers.

I also thought he would be a prime Blake Griffin candidate to be wined/dined/traded.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Paul George defends playing with Russell Westbrook by throwing shade at LeBron James

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/10/paul-george-players-have-hard-time-playing-with-lebron

Quote:
Paul George answered complaints from former Russell Westbrook teammates about difficulties playing with Westbrook and his "me first" mentality on the court:

"My thing is, I like if I go on that court and there's a guy I don't have to worry about. When I look at [Westbrook], I have no worries that night about what I'm gonna get out of him. I know he's gonna bring it, he's going to give everything he has. I like that. That motivates me, that pushes me, that keeps me going."

However, unprompted, George brought up another player who he thinks might be difficult to play with. That player happens to now star for the Lakers.

"You could say that about a lot of guys," George says of the difficulty in sharing the court with Russ. "LeBron is the best player in our league, but some people have a hard time playing with him. One thing you can't say about [Westbrook] is that he's not ready or he's not prepared. That's him every night."

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

PG13. Good lord.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 1027 of 1028
Jump to: