OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1234, 1235, 1236 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Any theories as to his slow starts?

Not a guaranteed scorer...

Ok. But why slow in first halves only?

Opportunities open up for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to impose successfully at-will. Shots go in for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to make shots consistently

there is a reason why people compare him to another guy in KD who basically uses his skill to get off any shot, don’t think BI lacks any skill the guy is compared with a lot of skilled offensive players, not sure where the idea came from that he doesn’t use his talent to make shots.

Similar frame as KD but that’s all I see between the 2
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Opportunities open up for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to impose successfully at-will. Shots go in for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to make shots consistently

I always thought he had the skill and talent to get off any shot he wanted he wasn’t mentally engaged in this game at all, there is a reason why people compare him to another guy in KD who basically uses his skill to get off any shot.

That’s always been a ridiculous comparison imo

Just as ridiculous as acting like BI has no skill to use offense... we have no idea what his potential is, he is only 21.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

there is a reason why people compare him to another guy in KD who basically uses his skill to get off any shot, don’t think BI lacks any skill the guy is compared with a lot of skilled offensive players, not sure where the idea came from that he doesn’t use his talent to make shots.

I have seen enough games in the last 2 years to give me the confident that he can get close to KDs level in terms of scoring.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I have seen enough games in the last 2 years to give me the confident that he can get close to KDs level in terms of scoring.

You mean, Kevin Durant, the guy that averages 27.12ppg in his career, the 5th best in NBA history, just 0.03 behind LeBron James? That KD?
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

This is why nobody likes Laker fans. Durant in his second season was better than Ingram will ever be. I won’t even bother mentioning his insane third season where he was already solidified as a franchise superstar player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

This is why nobody likes Laker fans. Durant in his second season was better than Ingram will ever be. I won’t even bother mentioning his insane third season where he was already solidified as a franchise superstar player.

Don’t act like I have no idea what KD has accomplished, I’m just saying that Ingram resembles KD in a lot of ways that doesn’t mean I expect him to score in a similar way like KD but that he does things that KD does, like play D and use a variety of ways to score such as the pump fake.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

For me BI was good. Not great but good. I am not expecting from him to become KD or Kawhi. He cen be good two way player and 3-4th player on championship team. Some all stars stories for me its crap. Dont know what people are expecting from him. Five 3s per game 9 boards and 6 dimes. Come on.
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

And this is where the wheels came off the cart.

Durant was a better player in college then Ingram is now. Its no knock on Ingram, I happen to think hes going to be a really nice player. But to even mention that you think he can be close to Durant as a scorer is borderline blasphemy. Durant avg 25/11 in college, then immediately started scoring 20 a game as a rookie. His second or third year he averaged what 30? Yeah, cant back you on this one big dog.

Ingram will be legit though...

Thee Jason in LA
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Don’t act like I have no idea what KD has accomplished, I’m just saying that Ingram resembles KD in a lot of ways that doesn’t mean I expect him to score in a similar way like KD but that he does things that KD does, like play D and use a variety of ways to score such as the pump fake.

You said you have confidence he can get close to Kds level of scoring the basketball. Thats a tall order given he was the youngest to win a scoring title if my mind serves me right.

I think we are just having a hard time getting behind crowning him that type of scorer (Generational talent).

I havent seen anything in his 2 years that tell me he can get to the level Durant is in terms of scoring.

I have seen things that give me pause that he could be better then durant at but scoring isnt one of em, not even close.

He has scary promise defensively and as a passer.

Thee Jason in LA

Last edited by TheeLakeshow on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Durant was a better player in college then Ingram is now. Its no knock on Ingram, I happen to think hes going to be a really nice player. But to even mention that you think he can be close to Durant as a scorer is borderline blasphemy. Durant avg 25/11 in college, then immediately started scoring 20 a game as a rookie. His second or third year he averaged what 30? Yeah, cant back you on this one big dog.

That’s basically my point I know KD is great but Ingram is gonna be great in his own way as well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You said you have confidence he can get close to Kds level of scoring the basketball. Thats a tall order given he was the youngest to win a scoring title if my mind serves me right.

I think we are just having a hard time getting behind crowning him that type of scorer (Generational talent).

I havent seen anything in his 2 years that tells me he can get to the level Durant is in terms of scoring.

I have seen things that tell me he can be better then Durant at but scoring isnt one of em, not even close.

I agree but he can still be a good offensive player and like you said he does things that Durant doesn’t.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheeLakeshow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That’s basically my point I know KD is great but Ingram is gonna be great in his own way as well.

Yeah maybe just wrong choice of words. Gonna be a great player and has real promise to do some things that even Durant doesent do. Scoring? Havent seen it yet in his 2 years anywhere close to Durant early on.

Durant was scary, all the time, even as a toothpick.

Thee Jason in LA
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheeLakeshow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I havent seen anything in his 2 years that tells me he can get to the level Durant is in terms of scoring.

I have seen things that tell me he can be better then Durant at but scoring isnt one of em, not even close.

I agree but he can still be a good offensive player and like you said he does things that Durant doesn’t.

I dont think anyone is debating that he can be a good offensive player, or a great all around player. Will he win a scoring title this year or the next 5 for that matter? HIghly unlikely.

If you think hes close to Durants level offensively then that has to be in the cards. I dont think its anywhere on the horizon for Brandon, this life or the next.

Thee Jason in LA
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheeLakeshow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah maybe just wrong choice of words. Gonna be a great player and has real promise to do some things that even Durant doesent do. Scoring? Havent seen it yet in his 2 years anywhere close to Durant early on.

Durant was scary, all the time, even as a toothpick.

Durant is unreal. Some guys are just born gifted. This is why I say it is unfair to compare young players to all time greats. There’s certain guys from the moment you see them you just know they are a very special talent. We all knew that from the first time we saw Kobe Bryant, the first time we saw Kevin Durant. I never got that from Ingram. Can he be an allstar caliber player one day? Sure if he works hard enough and everything pans out. Can he be Kevin Durant? Nope.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

This x 100
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The only think they are alike is body type. Ingram isn't even an Ave nba player right now.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject:

He took 4 3 pointers last night. Kudos to him.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Yeah. He'll make those open 3s. I'm glad he increased his 3 point attempts.

His defense was very nice.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Yeah. He'll make those open 3s. I'm glad he increased his 3 point attempts.

His defense was very nice.

I agree he shot 39% from three last year I'm not worried keep shooting them. You can see Lebron differing to him in the game and getting him some great passes. Lebron is clearly trying to help raise BI's game .
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

I always thought the KD comparisons were kinda ridiculous. Durant's on another level. BI has a PG/Jimmy Butler-level ceiling imo. I'm optimistic he'll eventually get there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
I always thought the KD comparisons were kinda ridiculous. Durant's on another level. BI has a PG/Jimmy Butler-level ceiling imo. I'm optimistic he'll eventually get there.

PG is a prolific 3 point shooter.

Jimmy is a bullish and rugged force of nature.

I still think he has more DRoz in him than PG/Jimmy/KD.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

This year is a proving ground not only to becoming a very good player, but if he is worth the money for a big contract. Didn't exactly bust the gate down last night. If he plays out this season like he did last night, I'd seriously consider other options next year for the starting small forward slot. It's a long season, and LeBron, Rondo, McGee, and Hart played well last night. The rest of the team not so much.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
This year is a proving ground not only to becoming a very good player, but if he is worth the money for a big contract. Didn't exactly bust the gate down last night. If he plays out this season like he did last night, I'd seriously consider other options next year for the starting small forward slot. It's a long season, and LeBron, Rondo, McGee, and Hart played well last night. The rest of the team not so much.

Yeah he looked exactly like last season. Lakers need to think about moving him at deadline if he doesn’t show improvement
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

PG is a prolific 3 point shooter.

Jimmy is a bullish and rugged force of nature.

I still think he has more DRoz in him than PG/Jimmy/KD.

Yathe droz type is not going to cut it on this team.

Need of ball activity
Catch & shoot abilities
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

I recall three of the four attempts were weakside corner threes, which is exactly the shot he should be taking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1234, 1235, 1236 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1235 of 1885
Jump to: