THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1181, 1182, 1183 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I get that Saudi Arabia is a strategic ally both militarily and economically, and no, we don't want Russia or China taking over that relationship.

So, if the US Congress votes to sanction Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia objects and stomps their feet, and says they are cutting ties with the US, what say ye?

I don't see SA ever cutting ties with us. They need us to buy their oil. And they'll need us if they want to build the post-oil, tech-based economy their leaders have promised the citizens.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Love the people on TV saying NOW we find out he's a bad businessman NOW we find out he was laundering money NOW we find out daddy gave him all that money NOW we find out the Russians and Saudis own a lot of trump property and on and on and on

Where have you never trumpers been???

American Voters most gullible ignorant lazy bums in the history of western civilization

Needs to be some sort of voter education system

1. Research the candidate...America FAIL DEPLORABLE FAILING

All true but I was talking about Steve Schmidt Nicole Wallace and the rest of the republican wannabes Rosy was gushing over...

There is nothing new about trump that hasn't been known for years

I have a new litmus test ...would you vote for Nikki Haley if she ran as a republican

I could not as she is a Republican through and through--she worked for Trump after all. Steve Schmidt or Nicole Wallace? Maybe, they are both intelligent, articulate, and often well reasoned.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Oh the irony
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KAJ on MSNBC now..

http://www.msnbc.com/now

for those that can...

Kareem Abdul Jabbar Collection

https://goldinauctions.com/category/Kareem_Abdul_Jabbar_Collection-219.html

He wore this or something like it in that clip of him greeting his teammates after they came back with the trophy in 80.

Jodeke probably had a hat like that back then. Fly and in short supply.

https://goldinauctions.com/Kareem_Abdul_Jabbar_Personally_Owned_Black_Cowboy_-LOT45309.aspx

Nah. I wear Stetson ... Dobbs ...Stacy Adams

That's sharp, muh man. Debonair is the word, I think. Bob Barker, Pat Riley, Billy Dee Williams, Dean Martin, JFK, Jodeke.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
McConnell says Senate Republicans might revisit Obamacare repeal

Quote:
Republicans could try again to repeal Obamacare if they win enough seats in U.S. elections next month, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said on Wednesday, calling a failed 2017 push to repeal the healthcare law a “disappointment.”

Every single Democrat on the campaign trail right now should be shouting this from the roof tops. If GOP keeps control, they will immediately try to repeal ACA including gutting all coverage for pre-existing conditions. Health care is the number one issue voters say is on their mind (including Independents and Republicans) and almost all of us have a pre-existing condition.

McConnell also said the debt and deficit (that he caused through the tax cuts for the rich) is "troubling" and that he'll have to look at cutting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security -- JUST AS EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT PREDICTED HE WOULD. Because TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS doesn't work. It's a scam. It didn't work under Reagan, Bush(s) or Trump. And every Democrat predicted that too.

So to sum up, if you want healthcare, social security and medicare, vote for the Democrats. If you'd like to possibly go bankrupt if your medical condition hits a rough spot, and you want to eat canned tuna in your old age, if you live that long, vote for Republicans.

Who was a day ahead of the pack? (Don't look below for the answer, look above)

Quote:
Now GOP Leader Mitch McConnell has handed Democrats a trifecta of political gifts within the course of a couple days—a rather stunning display of either hubris or stupidity. It's hard to know exactly which, or maybe he’s trolling for more cash from Republican donors. But in the midst of GOP candidates trying to rewrite their history on attempting to strip tens of millions of Americans of health care coverage, McConnell has been openly advocating for further attacks to healthcare access on three separate fronts.

In a Tuesday interview with Bloomberg news, McConnell not only lobbied for cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, he defended the Trump administration's lawsuit seeking to kill pre-existing conditions coverage.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/10/18/1805426/-Where-s-all-the-mainstream-lampooning-of-McConnell-for-handing-Democrats-a-midterm-gift
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Love the people on TV saying NOW we find out he's a bad businessman NOW we find out he was laundering money NOW we find out daddy gave him all that money NOW we find out the Russians and Saudis own a lot of trump property and on and on and on

American Voters most gullible ignorant lazy bums in the history of western civilization

All true but I was talking about Steve Schmidt Nicole Wallace and the rest of the republican wannabes Rosy was gushing over...

I have a new litmus test ...would you vote for Nikki Haley if she ran as a republican

I could not as she is a Republican through and through--she worked for Trump after all. Steve Schmidt or Nicole Wallace? Maybe, they are both intelligent, articulate, and often well reasoned.

That's the thing though. They were selling the same hate trump does, they just hid it in marketing messages and a certain level of decorum. Acting like they weren't part of the movement that brought Trump to power through race baiting, nationalism, and voter suppression is disingenuous. They aren't mad about what he's made the party, they're mad about what he's revealed about it.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

That's the thing though. They were selling the same hate trump does, they just hid it in marketing messages and a certain level of decorum. Acting like they weren't part of the movement that brought Trump to power through race baiting, nationalism, and voter suppression is disingenuous. They aren't mad about what he's made the party, they're mad about what he's revealed about it.

It is really something that establishment Democrats are so eager for a GOP turncoat that they have rehabilitated the media images of the worst Bush era neocons. People like Bill Kristol, who should be a pariah, have found a cozy home with the Democrats. They're given regular air time and are quoted by people on the left as authorities. The only price of admission is a willingness to bash Trump.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Generally speaking, if you were talking about most other conservatives, I'd agree. But here, I disagree to some degree. Remember, they worked for McCain. I don't see McCain as a racist nor one who supported voter suppression. Also, Schmidt is now an independent.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Generally speaking, if you were talking about most other conservatives, I'd agree. But here, I disagree to some degree. Remember, they worked for McCain. I don't see McCain as a racist nor one who supported voter suppression. Also, Schmidt is now an independent.

McCain went along with all of it, and so did his advisors. And lest you think they weren’t selling the same stuff, I have two words for you: Sarah Palin.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I get that Saudi Arabia is a strategic ally both militarily and economically, and no, we don't want Russia or China taking over that relationship.

So, if the US Congress votes to sanction Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia objects and stomps their feet, and says they are cutting ties with the US, what say ye?

I don't see SA ever cutting ties with us. They need us to buy their oil. And they'll need us if they want to build the post-oil, tech-based economy their leaders have promised the citizens.

Saudi’s can stop using the petro dollar tomorrow and the dollar value and US are finished. We’re not doing anything to the Saudi’s except for a little Trump posturing and babbling
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Saudi’s can stop using the petro dollar tomorrow and the dollar value and US are finished. We’re not doing anything to the Saudi’s except for a little Trump posturing and babbling

Both countries would be worse off if they cut ties.
But our economy dwarfs theirs in magnitude and diversity. We can survive not buying their oil more than they can survive not selling it to us.

The predominate reason we have kept our ties this close is due to national security. But our interests have diverged since the Iran deal.
https://www.usatoday.com/amp/1657822002
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Here's what the lowlife did tonight at his vanity rally:

Quote:
NBC News @NBCNews

President Trump praises a US congressman's assault of a Guardian journalist, as the world watches for US response to the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Quote:
"Never wrestle him," Trump said of Gianforte at a campaign rally here. "Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my guy."

There aren't enough words in the English language to express the depth of my disgust for this vile, toxic, pathetic excuse for a human being.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Both countries would be worse off if they cut ties.
But our economy dwarfs theirs in magnitude and diversity. We can survive not buying their oil more than they can survive not selling it to us.

The predominate reason we have kept our ties this close is due to national security. But our interests have diverged since the Iran deal.
https://www.usatoday.com/amp/1657822002

Correct, in that we’ll survive as a nation, but the dollar will plunge in value, stores will go empty, government would have to step in with basically a new currency, it would be a reset of the economy. The national security issues would be manifested here at home. We are not in danger of being attacked by any foreign entity today. That is a bunch of massive BS promoted by the defense industry
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Saudi’s stop keeping the US happy and the royals get overthrown.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Here's what the lowlife did tonight at his vanity rally:

Quote:
NBC News @NBCNews

President Trump praises a US congressman's assault of a Guardian journalist, as the world watches for US response to the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Quote:
"Never wrestle him," Trump said of Gianforte at a campaign rally here. "Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my guy."

There aren't enough words in the English language to express the depth of my disgust for this vile, toxic, pathetic excuse for a human being.

Example #4534 of "If Obama did that, he would be impeached the next day."

As usual, this will produce outrage for a day, and then the media will move on to the next thing he says or does. Nothing sticks to him. Just a couple weeks ago, it was revealed that he stole $500 million dollars and it's as if it never happened.

I haven't been this depressed since the days after the 2016 election. I haven't seen any political stuff on TV since Kavanaugh was confirmed. When I look at polls, it seems like Trump has stabilized in the polls and his approval is up. Some of the polling in the Senate doesn't look good either. Let's hope we can win the House, even if it's by one vote.

I meet friends every single day and they mostly pay no attention to what Trump does. Many people have normalized him without even realizing it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Is there any evidence the petro dollar is that important? And is ending it any more than an empty threat? I don't think Saudi Arabia trades oil in USD out of charity -- it's because it is the most stable currency, right?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Is there any evidence the petro dollar is that important? And is ending it any more than an empty threat? I don't think Saudi Arabia trades oil in USD out of charity -- it's because it is the most stable currency, right?

International oil trade is mostly in US dollars, and that makes it the reserve currency. That's what gives it its strength; not gold, which we abandoned in the early seventies. The saudi's stop selling their oil in US dollars, that threaten's its status as a reserve currency, if that happens, our securities (debt) become worthless.

As far as i understand it, we're pretty much at the mercy of the Saudi's and China, who hold most of our debt. All this tough talk and posturing by Trump is just that. Watch, they'll come up with some story that allows them to brush this under the rug, maybe the Saudi's will get a slap on the hand or a little token punishment for show.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

McCain went along with all of it, and so did his advisors. And lest you think they weren’t selling the same stuff, I have two words for you: Sarah Palin.

I disagree that John McCain went along with all of it. The best example that comes to mind was his confrontation with that crazy lady.

There is one person who regrets the choice of Sarah Palin more than you or I or just about anyone: John McCain
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Pegging the dollar to the price of oil is a factor the dollar is the world's reserve currency, because of the strength and consistency of the U.S. economy, a fact that I hope is still true by the end of Trump's reign. Oil exporting countries want dollars, as well as everyone else, including and especially, central banks, and Saudi Arabia demanding some other currency will not change that.

Also, let's get up to 2018. The US only gets something like 8% of its oil from Saudi Arabia, about half of what is was 10 years ago, and remember, we are now a net exporter of refined petroleum products.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

MSNBC sure is good at spreading trump's message...every hour on the hour
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Saudi’s stop keeping the US happy and the royals get overthrown.

Honestly, the US should start planning on that happening anyway, because it's not a question of if, it's a question of how soon. They lost their country to the wahabi decades ago.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

I disagree that John McCain went along with all of it. The best example that comes to mind was his confrontation with that crazy lady.

There is one person who regrets the choice of Sarah Palin more than you or I or just about anyone: John McCain

1. To consider this courageous would require you to lower the bar underground near the Earth's core.

2. That moment happened precisely because his campaign was whipping up racial animus and his rallies were becoming, well, like what we see at Trump rallies now.

There's a very straight, very direct line from John McCain to Donald Trump. The main difference between the two is that McCain spent years cultivating an image that Democrats fully embraced while Trump doesn't care about appearances. There's blood all over McCains hands on this.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

...quick...somebody remind the republicans it's better to have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood than the Evangelical Radical Right
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

1. To consider this courageous would require you to lower the bar underground near the Earth's core.

2. That moment happened precisely because his campaign was whipping up racial animus and his rallies were becoming, well, like what we see at Trump rallies now.

There's a very straight, very direct line from John McCain to Donald Trump. The main difference between the two is that McCain spent years cultivating an image that Democrats fully embraced while Trump doesn't care about appearances. There's blood all over McCains hands on this.

Courageous is your word not mine. I consider it civil, something we don't see with nearly all Republicans these days.

Again I disagree with the jist that McCain was just like all the rest. McCain/Feingold was an attempt to throttle the corporatocracy and their power over US citizens--besides global warming, probably the greatest issue we face. Without McCain, Obamacare would be done. I do see a straight line from Bush to Trump, and even before, but I don't see McCain in that same vein--nor do many Republicans.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jamal Khashoggi was barred from writing and making public appearances by the Saudi royal family after he criticized President Donald Trump in late 2016.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-jamal-khashoggi-left-saudi-arabia-writing-ban-2018-10

you'll agree someday... Impeachment with firing squad is still too kind
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1181, 1182, 1183 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1182 of 3663
Jump to: