I CAN HEAR JIMMY!! - The Jimmy Butler Thread

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: I CAN HEAR JIMMY!! - The Jimmy Butler Thread

There's so much craziness surrounding Jimmy Butler these days I felt like making a dedicated thread without the clutter on how it affects the Lakers.

I was listening to an interview with Thibs this morning and it's obvious this is weighing on him despite all his denials about how bad the situation has become.

Now KG weighing in:

LINK
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

There was article yesterday about that cancelled practice that mentioned Mark Wahlberg. I didn't understand the reference until I read this today.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800264-report-bulls-insider-says-jimmy-butler-changed-due-to-mark-wahlberg-friendship
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

There’s a team in the north who likes star on expiring contract
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

both butler and kawhi are/were in a position to maximize their brand value, and the time was this preseason. It's likely both of their stocks were peaking and they wanted to cash in on the max before a year or two goes by and it becomes obvious neither of them are top5 talents in the league.

They are both good, solid players. But what is so great about them? THey are acting like a Jordan, or KObe, or KG in prime. But they are not that caliber. THeir hype is, though. And i think both sides know this.

magic, bird, mj, shaq, kobe...these are one in a million guys. There are not 10-20 of these guys currently in the league! But the opportunity for that kind of salary is available to 20 of these guys, maybe more. When MJ waas getting 30mil a year, he was the ONLY one doing so, and the others were waaaaay cheaper. And it took probably another 20 years for someone else to get that kind of money (kobe), and this isn't even adjusting for inflation! Now, all of a sudden, several people are getting this kind of money the last couple of years. Butler/Kawhi ain't no MJ or KObe. The question now is, are they even on Durant/Kyrie level? I don't see it. Proof is in the pudding, we'll see Kawhi this year. The other thing is, most of these guys are not going to look so good without a superteam. It's just the way it is. Lebron and Durant smashed that opportunity...good luck trying to achieve grand success as the sole super-duper-star on the team. Lillard isn't doing anything on Portland.

These top 20 guys are asking to be treated like the top 3 guys of previous eras. You'll get the money since the slots are there, but it should be quite clear that their level of greatness is not at that level.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Miami Heat president Pat Riley issued a statement Friday to dispute a report that negotiations with the Minnesota Timberwolves on a Jimmy Butler trade reached a point of hostility.

“As to what has been reported in the past 24 hours, I have too much respect for Tom Thibodeau and all that he’s accomplished in this league. Our conversations have been nothing but cordial and I have never used that kind of language in negotiations, but I do admit to telling Danny Ainge to …,” Riley said in a statement through a team spokesman, acknowledging trade talks with Minnesota.

The report Riley is referencing is from former Heat broadcaster Jorge Sedano, who on ESPN Radio in Los Angeles claimed Riley used profanity to address Timberwolves coach Tom Thibodeau during trade negotiations.

Sedano said: “Here’s what’s happening. There’s been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didn’t want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ‘OK forget it, let’s just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.’

“So they finally relented on Josh Richardson, they were giving them Josh Richardson. Then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler, and then a protected first-round pick. The medicals were exchanged, which, really, generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally -- I was told -- called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone.”

Rest of the trade rumor stuff can be found in the article.

LINK
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

da stoogi brothas, beely
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject:

Tibbs was just killing the deal so he doesn't look so bad hiring JB in the 1st place.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

Jimmy's getting Angry!

I don't agree how Butler or Kawhi or George have handled their EXIT Plans.

They should be loyal to their current employer and not conduct their trade demands through the media.

For Butler, its all about timing and he picked the worst possible time to demand a trade, if he had done it right after last season, it would have given all of the teams more time..

At this point, he should go ahead and play for the T-Wolves and they will be able to work out a deal before the trade deadline, so that they can get some value out of losing him.

I would have no problem offering KCP, Beasley and some picks for him..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: