Official LANCE STEPHENSON Thread (Cried after being Eliminated from Playoffs - pg.57)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

The people who like Lance were the same people ooohhing and aaahhhhing while watching Nick Young.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Switching jerseys in consecutive years does not mean that player is a useless journeyman, it’s obvious that he has a different mentality so far as a Laker, Pacer fans miss his presence on the team why are we trying to act like we know better when they have had him for multiple years?

Are you kidding me? Fans always know better! That is why forums were created, so we can share our highly valued opinions. GM's then make their moves base on our posts. LOL!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
The people who like Lance were the same people ooohhing and aaahhhhing while watching Nick Young.

And were also the same people calling him a bonehead when he wasn't in p&g. He still plays like a bonehead from what I've seen. But we may use him for mental games. It would be fun to stick him on KD and have him blow in his ears.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
he shouldn't be taking PG mins away from Rondo or Lonzo. Or SG mins from Hart. Or SF mins from BI or Kuz

He doesn’t need to, those guys get there own minutes.

which would leave 5-10 mins for him which is about right

He can be playing anywhere from 10-30M a night depending on how the team is doing and rather the team needs his energy, it’s obvious that Indiana has felt the Impact of him leaving.

He definitely has a role on this team but not the one we should rely on for 20 plus minutes. His poor shot selection is a hindrance for team growth . But he’s the guy that you can plug when everyone else is struggling and he can get going by all himself. This can keep us in the game like in the playoff.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

He's unplayable in the playoffs, right? If there's a guy in the Lakers regular rotation you're headhunting in a series, it has to be Stephenson, no?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
He's unplayable in the playoffs, right? If there's a guy in the Lakers regular rotation you're headhunting in a series, it has to be Stephenson, no?

Was he not the reason Indy almost pulled the upset against the Cavs in the playoffs in the 1st round?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Was he not the reason Indy almost pulled the upset against the Cavs in the playoffs in the 1st round?

True, playoff Lance is more of a thing than playoff Rondo. I would headhunt the (bleep) out of him on defense if I were an opposing coach, but his offense could offset that.

Exeunt me from the Stephenson thread.
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

And the people who hate Lance are the same people who always must find something, anything, to whine and moan about.
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Look at Svi being a sharpshooter in summer league, I hope Lance doesn’t take his mins - Lance haters. Meanwhile Svi isn’t hitting rim and throwing the ball out of bounds on basis passes. Give me a player with too much confidence over a player with none.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

And the people who hate Lance are the same people who always must find something, anything, to whine and moan about.

It’s obvious no one is watching the preseason games, he’s made a nice difference to the team, and he hasn’t played full to his potential yet... or maybe some fans prefer to watch guys like Sacre or Young when we were barely cracking 20 wins lol
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Exeunt me from the Stephenson thread.

"Exeunt." Very nice. I had to use a dictionary.

--Anonymous
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Or maybe they don’t like dudes who beat their girlfriend.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

What a weird post, we have been dealing with players who have had issues in there life, do you not want Lance to succeed as a Laker?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

It’s obvious no one is watching the preseason games, he’s made a nice difference to the team, and he hasn’t played full to his potential yet... or maybe some fans prefer to watch guys like Sacre or Young when we were barely cracking 20 wins lol

Exactly how I feel.. I was a bit indifferent about the signing but was never completely against it. He has clearly sparked the bench already in several games.. He can obviously be erratic at times but I will take that any day as long as it's just in limited minutes and he continues to have games throughout the season where he helps sparks that second unit when they need it. Like you said he is still learning his role along with the rest of the team and I think by mid-season many people will see his value. I can def. see him becoming a late career Metta type of player where the crowd absolutely loves him for his energy and passion.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

People will find Lance endearing when he makes the shots after he dribbles out 20 seconds of the shot clock.

But when those shots aren't going in.. not so much.

They are for the moment.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Rhetorical question?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

No, I dislike people who play basketball poorly.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

10.2/3.4/3.4 are his avgs in the preseason with only 22MPG so far, a lot of players don’t even get those numbers in the NBA when there playing 30+ minutes.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I like Lance. He is a tough nose guy. He dares to dribble and take shots against KD. I like his mentality and physicality. In fact, he is a well rounded player in terms of still set. We need a guy like him to play with our youngsters and superstar
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

it's like he thinks he's a globe trotter and not in the NBA
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

What a weird post, we have been dealing with players who have had issues in there life, do you not want Lance to succeed as a Laker?

Not really, dude has basically straight up admitted nothing he says is serious, he is just here to essentially troll. His own words in another thread.
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Maybe. Doesn't negate anything I said, though. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

As a deep bench player, I don’t have a problem with him.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

My main problem with Lance is not that he is a ball stopper and full of himself. My biggest problem is that he prevents Svi from playing.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

ZenMaster4President wrote:
My main problem with Lance is not that he is a ball stopper and full of himself. My biggest problem is that he prevents Svi from playing.

I like Svi, and I like what Lance has brought. Lance isn't preventing Svi from getting time on the court. Svi has had opportunities and is failing so far. He's preventing himself from getting on the court based on poor play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 39 of 57
Jump to: