The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1502, 1503, 1504 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Miss this dude. Hope he kills it in NOR.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Miss this dude. Hope he kills it in NOR.

Yeah. Circumstances led to where we are now, but that LBJ guy sort of makes up for it. Really started growing on me last year and seems like a real good dude.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randle Pelicans Debut 15/5/5/1 in 24 Mins

mrand
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject:

i am still wondering if the decision to let him go was mainly made due to the bitter feelings towards his agency and the fact he wanted more than a 1yr deal or if magic and rob truly think julius game wouldn't fit with what they are building.

(i know keeping julius for more than a year means no max money available next summer)

i still love julius and think davis and him will flourish next to each other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

His passing and decisionmaking look improved early on. He had some nice two man sequences with AD and Jrue that bode well.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
His passing and decisionmaking look improved early on. He had some nice two man sequences with AD and Jrue that bode well.

Had strong signs from the limited footage of training camp too. Some of it looked instinctive.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Had strong signs from the limited footage of training camp too. Some of it looked instinctive.

We saw flashes of the improved passing on the move towards the end of last season, as well, but yeah, the dribble drive - elevate - hit the weakside shooter skill is something he's been working on this offseason.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Point Julius: https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/status/1046551349523968002
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

We saw flashes of the improved passing on the move towards the end of last season, as well, but yeah, the dribble drive - elevate - hit the weakside shooter skill is something he's been working on this offseason.

Yeah it's definitely been a progression he's been making in his game. As he does.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject:

Got 11/7 in 20 mins against the Hawks and hit a three. No Highlights though. Played how he usually plays except hit a three as well. So you can imagine it probably.

Looking like he's gelling with Davis very well thus far. Apparent why Davis wanted the Pelicans to pursue Randle over Cousins when Davis decided he could play center full time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Got 11/7 in 20 mins against the Hawks and hit a three. No Highlights though. Played how he usually plays except hit a three as well. So you can imagine it probably.

Looking like he's gelling with Davis very well thus far. Apparent why Davis wanted the Pelicans to pursue Randle over Cousins when Davis decided he could play center full time.

What? Weren't you all aboard the Boogie train?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Of course I have faith in Boogie! What I'm saying is that when Davis decided he could be a full time center, it's easy to see why he wanted the Pelicans to pursue Randle as opposed to trying to re-sign Cousins. That was his call.

Because

1) Davis felt he was a better fit at the 5 after the 2nd half surge last season.
2) Cousins can't play the 4.

So once Davis decided he was going to be a full time 5 and watching their chemistry (Randle at the 4, and Davis at the 5) they seem like a good stylistic fit, and I can see why he wanted to pursue getting Randle as opposed to re-signing Cousins.

Fit and the position that Davis now wants to main. We'll see what happens over the rest of the season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Th y are a better team with Davis at center over Cousins
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Of course I have faith in Boogie! What I'm saying is that when Davis decided he could be a full time center, it's easy to see why he wanted the Pelicans to pursue Randle as opposed to trying to re-sign Cousins. That was his call.

Because

1) Davis felt he was a better fit at the 5 after the 2nd half surge last season.
2) Cousins can't play the 4.

So once Davis decided he was going to be a full time 5 and watching their chemistry (Randle at the 4, and Davis at the 5) they seem like a good stylistic fit, and I can see why he wanted to pursue getting Randle as opposed to re-signing Cousins.

Fit and the position that Davis now wants to main. We'll see what happens over the rest of the season.

Disagree. If he didn't tear his Achilles he would be on the Pels on a max deal. They had every intention of doing so until he got hurt.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject:

Randle with 23/6/4 tonight. Knocked in another 3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cae1XaarVA0
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

He looked really good tonight along side of Mirotic. Maybe our FO just doesn’t get today’s game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Man I miss Jules.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

Lazy defensive game and he showed the good and bad of point-Jules, but it's fun to see him flying up and down the court playing bullyball while creating. Julius always did want to be Lebron.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Btw, I believe the old DLo thread was locked. I wonder if it's safe to start a new one...?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Lazy defensive game and he showed the good and bad of point-Jules, but it's fun to see him flying up and down the court playing bullyball while creating. Julius always did want to be Lebron.

Imagine the Lakers running a death lineup with LeBron at the 4 and Julius at the small ball 5.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Imagine the Lakers running a death lineup with LeBron at the 4 and Julius at the small ball 5.

Oh, MJST, I did imagine it for a few days this past July. It would've been glorious more often than not.

ETA: imagine Julius and Lebron at the elbows in all the horns sets the Lakers are going to run over the next four years.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

pels started mirotic at the 4.. julius coming off the bench
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Oh, MJST, I did imagine it for a few days this past July. It would've been glorious more often than not.

ETA: imagine Julius and Lebron at the elbows in all the horns sets the Lakers are going to run over the next four years.

Gawd if we had just forced him to play here (I mean he was freaking restricted, and in a contract year).... Aside from outside shooting, Randle would fix our other weakness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gawd if we had just forced him to play here (I mean he was freaking restricted, and in a contract year).... Aside from outside shooting, Randle would fix our other weakness.

The idea that Julius wouldn't complement Lebron was silly to me. A more skilled, quicker Tristan Thompson would do just fine next to LBJ.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
MJST wrote:

The idea that Julius wouldn't complement Lebron was silly to me. A more skilled, quicker Tristan Thompson would do just fine next to LBJ.

Without the off court baggage that Tristan brings too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1502, 1503, 1504 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1503 of 1536
Jump to: