Lakers Jersey Redesign?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Not caring for the fluorescent yellow jersey color or the striping on the sides/front of the shorts. Overall, they look better though. I really wonder what the truth is behind the color change.

I’m an old dude, so it really hurts to say but, overall, the gold uniforms are the worst of all the three uniforms.

Particularly, it’s the gold shorts that kill the gold uniform’s overall look. The gold stripe inside the purple bar going down the leg on the the shorts is an absolutely awful detail that destroys the overall look for me.

The gold uniforms (with shorts) are pretty horrendous.

The overall look of the white and purple uniforms make them head and shoulders the best of the three. From a pure aesthetic standpoint, the white and purple uniforms, when judged in totality (with jersey and shorts), are just a much better overall uniform.

I’ll never get used to the gold stripe going down the middle of the gold shorts though — really bad in my opinion.

Some work definitely needs to be done to the striping on the sides. I can't get over the color everytime I see it though, it truly is like a neon yellow. It's not even close.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but even if the gold was actually gold, it’d still look bad going down the inside purple bar of the shorts. It just doesn’t look right. I think others will see this and acknowledge it more as the season goes on.

The white and purple uniforms will prove to be the best looking of the three.

I actually think the purple ones will look great, maybe the best of all of them, if they rock them with all black leggings and shoes, but the gold ones look silly and clownlike. It’s too bad actually.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

All of the colorways are tacky as hell. At this point it would've been better just to stay with the 1999 versions.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

All I see is highlighter. They should just go ahead and make the whites the official home jersey.
BuckJohnson32
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:

Ok so I am what you may call a Collector of Lakers jerseys. I just received my Lakers Association Edition Lebron Jersey from Lakersstore.com. It is the white version. It is truely a thing of beauty. The shadow drop numbers are more gold than banana yellow. When you order from Lakersstore.com it also has the WISH patch attached to it. I believe that ordering from the online team shop is the only way to get the WISH patch. As a person that owns almost at least one version of each jersey a Laker has worn, I am in LOVE with the white one. Growing up in the 80's with Showtime, the Gold of Forum blue was always something that separated us from the rest of the league. We were the only team with no white home kits. Now, because we at paying homage to Magic and the crew, we get a glimpse of Showtime era jerseys in white. I am taking the kids to see Smallfoot today. You best believe Dad will be rockin his white Lebron jersey today.
Does anyone have any idea on the Laker Legend chosen to help inspire this years City Edition Jersey?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

BuckJohnson32 wrote:
Ok so I am what you may call a Collector of Lakers jerseys. I just received my Lakers Association Edition Lebron Jersey from Lakersstore.com. It is the white version. It is truely a thing of beauty. The shadow drop numbers are more gold than banana yellow. When you order from Lakersstore.com it also has the WISH patch attached to it. I believe that ordering from the online team shop is the only way to get the WISH patch. As a person that owns almost at least one version of each jersey a Laker has worn, I am in LOVE with the white one. Growing up in the 80's with Showtime, the Gold of Forum blue was always something that separated us from the rest of the league. We were the only team with no white home kits. Now, because we at paying homage to Magic and the crew, we get a glimpse of Showtime era jerseys in white. I am taking the kids to see Smallfoot today. You best believe Dad will be rockin his white Lebron jersey today.
Does anyone have any idea on the Laker Legend chosen to help inspire this years City Edition Jersey?

Indeed. They got the white units right. No doubt about that. I could’ve gone without the “L” secondary logo on the shorts, but that’s not a huge deal.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

BuckJohnson32 wrote:

I don't even see the Association version on the Lakersstore website. I just saw on Fanatics they released B.I.'s Association jersey but not Lebron's. Seriously? I guess they're trying to maximize sale of Lebron's Icon jersey before releasing a new one.

It would not surprise me if Lebron had a say in the design of a new City edition since he, like Kobe, is a Nike brand athlete. This is the start of the Lebron era after all. He helped design Cleveland's City Edition jersey last season.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

New jersey looking less neon on TV, at least
goldenarmor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Watching them in Staples for the first time, based purely on design these are the best jerseys the Lakers have ever had.

Now get the black off the purples.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

goldenarmor wrote:
Watching them in Staples for the first time, based purely on design these are the best jerseys the Lakers have ever had.

Now get the black off the purples.

...Knicks fan????
cheapedy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

The unis looked amazing last night. For some reason Javale and Lance jerseys really stand out above the rest of the players.
BuckJohnson32
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Ok so there is a pic of the City Edition jersey floating around guys and gals. It is inspired by the Magic Man. You ready for this ? Pinstripes! Yep. Purple
Jersey, lighter purple it appears . Black pinstripes. Black letters , surrounded by gold. 32 on waist band. I am a jersey nut. If I had to guess the stripes are to represent Earvin the business man, pinstripe suit and all. I will get one because it is who I am. But these are going to be real interesting.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

BuckJohnson32 wrote:
Ok so there is a pic of the City Edition jersey floating around guys and gals. It is inspired by the Magic Man. You ready for this ? Pinstripes! Yep. Purple
Jersey, lighter purple it appears . Black pinstripes. Black letters , surrounded by gold. 32 on waist band. I am a jersey nut. If I had to guess the stripes are to represent Earvin the business man, pinstripe suit and all. I will get one because it is who I am. But these are going to be real interesting.

I saw it.. Looks great.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Potential leak of city uniform:

https://twitter.com/nbalakersnation/status/1049432769950961664?s=21
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/9nfld4/leaked_lakers_city_edition_jersey/?st=JN5FECOR&sh=026efd57

Meh
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/9nfld4/leaked_lakers_city_edition_jersey/?st=JN5FECOR&sh=026efd57

Meh

yuck...

if they wanted to add Los Angeles on the jersey, it'd be better off having just LOS ANGELES in cursive like the blue laker unis
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

BuckJohnson32 wrote:

Sorry to sabotage... do you have the black mamba city editions? How do you like them?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject:

The new city uniform is the absolute worst we've ever had, by far. Nike has been awful.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
The new city uniform is the absolute worst we've ever had, by far. Nike has been awful.

Nike just makes the jerseys.. I think the Lakers themselves (& every team in the league) have a design team that mocks up the unis then sends em in to Nike for them to make... same with when Adidas where making jerseys
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Meh

the person who designed this needs to suffer in the coldest, most isolated gulag
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Meh

Hideous
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Meh

I'll be honest I don't think I can watch a game if they're wearing these counterfeit eBay abominations.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

Those have to be a bad joke.
Lakers_GOAT_Team_16X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Meh

I don’t know how to feel about this city uniforms, we should stayed with last years Black Mamba unis
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

reminds me of the ymca junior lakers jerseys
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28
Jump to: