Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?
LeBron
82%
 82%  [ 24 ]
Butler and Leonard
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 29

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If we have learned anything it is that logic rarely applies. I gave up guessing what these guys would do several years ago, it is a generation that is much different than mine.

These guys are motivated by so many different and oftentimes undecipherable reasons.

LBJ was the longshot for me and we got him.
PG13 was the surefire guy for me and he chose OKC.

Strange world of FA.

Very strange. A year ago I thought the same but by May, I thought we had a better shot at Lebron than George. I really wanted both.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Kuzma/Ingram.

Jk. I will take LBJ and Durant
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If we have learned anything it is that logic rarely applies. I gave up guessing what these guys would do several years ago, it is a generation that is much different than mine.

These guys are motivated by so many different and oftentimes undecipherable reasons.

Strange world of FA.

Couldn't agree more! I made the same assumptions.

A big part of my continued reasoning of waiting for FA instead of trading for a player early. Have no clue if he chooses to stay or move to another team.

Now this speculation that the Clippers a viable alternative. I'm either too biased to see it or these players live by the beat of a much different drum.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Can't believe y'all losing your mind because Butler didn't put us on his list
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

LeBron is a different world of talent and if you add either Klay or Durant, you likely become a Dynasty.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

I'd rather have LeBron + Leonard/Thompson/Durant.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Can't believe y'all losing your mind because Butler didn't put us on his list

As a FA I would love to sign Butler. But there is virtually no other way to get him prior to mid December. I don’t have a problem with players not wanting to come here, to each his own. We had the chance to get Lebron, we didn’t have the pieces for Leonard and had no chance to get Butler. The old bird in the hand thing.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If the notion is Jimmy wants to be the "Man," and that KL too would like to be the "Man" and not under LBJ's shadow, why would these two team up?

This.

#BannersOverBillboards
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

I think we need to be honest here.

1. if Butler joined us as a FA in 2019, I'd say most of us would be very pleased. He's an all-NBA player who is very good.

2. however, as would be the case even if we got him, a few things have clearly emerged: 1) he wants to be the unquestioned #1 alpha on the team. Things got dicey with KAT (and Wiggins) b/c they are trying to be the leads of the team. 2) injury concerns. He misses a decent amount of games and seems to have lots of nagging injuries. Plus he has Thibs mileage and will be 30-34 on his next deal.

3. we can't realistcally trade for him without inlcuding both BI/Lonzo, which we won't and shouldn't do.

So it's a bit disingenous to slander Butler all of a sudden b/c he wants out and didn't pick us. But it's also good to know these things about him (alpha lead guy, haven't got along with teammates recently).
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Strange world of FA.

Very strange. A year ago I thought the same but by May, I thought we had a better shot at Lebron than George. I really wanted both.

Can you provide evidence?

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

There was a big 2017-2018 free agency thread.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If the notion is Jimmy wants to be the "Man," and that KL too would like to be the "Man" and not under LBJ's shadow, why would these two team up?

That's what I said in the Why Jimmy Butler Could End Up in Los Angeles, But Not with LeBron and the Lakers thread.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Butler is a nice player.

But what is clearly evident now is that he thinks/wants to be the Man. He's not taking a backseat role to anyone so maybe it's good this is happening. Only thing that sucks is that the list of max FAs is getting shorter.
well we dont know if he isnt taking a backseat role to anyone. you can say that when he has never played with anyone that was clearly better than him with championships in tow.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. if Butler joined us as a FA in 2019, I'd say most of us would be very pleased. He's an all-NBA player who is very good.

2. however, as would be the case even if we got him, a few things have clearly emerged: 1) he wants to be the unquestioned #1 alpha on the team. Things got dicey with KAT (and Wiggins) b/c they are trying to be the leads of the team. 2) injury concerns. He misses a decent amount of games and seems to have lots of nagging injuries. Plus he has Thibs mileage and will be 30-34 on his next deal.

3. we can't realistcally trade for him without inlcuding both BI/Lonzo, which we won't and shouldn't do.

So it's a bit disingenous to slander Butler all of a sudden b/c he wants out and didn't pick us. But it's also good to know these things about him (alpha lead guy, haven't got along with teammates recently).

Disagree.
1. I did not want PG at max so why would I want one that may be tougher but is a worse shooter and missed more games?
2. He has a lot of miles on that ODO. Just look at Deng and look how quickly those heavy mins caught up to him.
3. I hope he goes to Clips or knicks and leaves a big $30 million salary cap spot on one of our "rivals" for FA's while he misses 12-15 games and is limited due to injury (not wishing injury just rather he collects those checks while he is injured elsewhere)

He is a top 15-20 player just like PG and arguably at least top 10 if you talking as a two-way player ... I conceded that. but he is overrated and will soon be overpaid. Pass, even if in FA if he is asking for $30 million. At $20 we can talk. Otherwise enjoy playing for the "B" team in L.A.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

If Kyrie manages to mastermind getting himself, Butler and Kawhi to the Clippers it would be a writer's dream. He builds a new generation Big 3 from 3/4 best players from his draft class in their primes just as Lebron did and he does it in the same city as him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Disagree.
1. I did not want PG at max so why would I want one that may be tougher but is a worse shooter and missed more games?
2. He has a lot of miles on that ODO. Just look at Deng and look how quickly those heavy mins caught up to him.
3. I hope he goes to Clips or knicks and leaves a big $30 million salary cap spot on one of our "rivals" for FA's while he misses 12-15 games and is limited due to injury (not wishing injury just rather he collects those checks while he is injured elsewhere)

He is a top 15-20 player just like PG and arguably at least top 10 if you talking as a two-way player ... I conceded that. but he is overrated and will soon be overpaid. Pass, even if in FA if he is asking for $30 million. At $20 we can talk. Otherwise enjoy playing for the "B" team in L.A.

What are you disagreeing with? It's just #1, and you admit he's still a top 15 player (by virtue of an all NBA slot he should be a top 15 player).

If it's no max FA or Butler (assuming everyone passes), you would be ok with passing on him?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I'd rather have LeBron + Leonard/Thompson/Durant.

Who wouldn't?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
If Kyrie manages to mastermind getting himself, Butler and Kawhi to the Clippers it would be a writer's dream. He builds a new generation Big 3 from 3/4 best players from his draft class in their primes just as Lebron did and he does it in the same city as him.

I have this same suspicion. Butler + Kyrie or Butler + Kawhi seems too pedestrian to me. But all three sounds like something West would mastermind. Gallinari is the main guy they need to dump. Might take a 1st + 2nd to dump. Otherwise their payroll doesn't look restrictive to three maxes. They have to make a ton to trades to make it happen. It might look doable on paper but if one thing goes wrong it can jeopardize things. I like how we get things out of the way early so we don't put our destiny in the hands of other teams.

Last edited by chantruong on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:08 am; edited 4 times in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

I’d rather have Spencer Dinwiddie. 😝
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Lebron Ingram Kuz and Zo is just fine with me
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

For me the list has been:

1. KL
2. KD
3. Klay or Butler

Just don't like having options possibly disappear as this may be the last summer we have max cap space for a while.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They're not threatened by each other as much as Lebron would threaten them. They see each other and say, "What's up, it's all good! We gonna do this together. It don't matter who's the alpha. It's all about the team." Then when they go their separate ways, "Hell yeah, I'm gonna take over this team."
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

The answer is in my signature.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

1) Kawhi
2) Dimwiddle
3) KD/Butler

for me
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
1) Kawhi
2) Dimwiddle
3) KD/Butler

for me

One of those guys is not like the other
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: