Dwight Howard wants to come back to the lakers (Expected to sign with Wizards, pg 10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zofro
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

would yall take back your ex after leaving you? an ex that has since gone from a solid 8 to a 6... i cant be the only one that would relish in the moment to tell that ex to eat ish and drink grapefruit juice.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Yep... people forgive Kobe for not shooting in a game 7 because he was annoyed with the press... not even mentioning his off court issues.

They forget Chamberlain faked an injury when the Lakers fell behind the Celtics in game 7... and then tried to go back in when the game got close again...

It doesn't bother them either that Kawhi refused to play in an entire playoffs because he felt disrespected

But somehow Dwight is the evil that cannot be signed?

Either disavow Kobe, Chamberlain, and Kawhi... or get off the high horse.

We need defense and rebounds... we should have got Boogie but we didn't... so now we need to sign Dwight.

Unless all you want is a nice trouble free season with less stress... then sign Brook.

If you want to compete for the title... you sign Dwight.

We couldn't afford Capela... Julius wanted more than we could give... we must feel that void of defense and rebounds.

Again... read the NBA history books if you think Dwight is so much worse than some of the jerseys on our walls.

Kawhi didn't play in the Playoffs because he didn't feel ready due to his injury. Kobe didn't shoot because Phil subliminally blamed him for their loss, saying he doesn't pass enough, so he passed. If you want Dwight, that's fine, but don't create a false narrative to support what you would like.

Either he was legitimately hurt for a year, in which case we should be worried about his health... or he was hurt for part of the time and then annoyed with the front office... in which case we are not so worried about his health.

Which is it?

Because from what I can see... no one is worried about his health... including Kawhi himself who isn't really worried about financial security right now.

Kobe being annoyed with the press and Phil is no excuse... just like it was no excuse for Rondo to pout with Carlisle.

My point is only that the league is filled with glass houses.

I think the problem is, everywhere Dwight goes, he leaves a bad taste in the franchises/players mouth. They celebrate his exit. Hornets franchise is no different. Players rejoiced after he was traded, which shows no growth in maturity. The last teams of the players we acquired had nothing but good things to say about them.

If you were Cousins... would you rather find out you were going up against Brook in the WCF... or Dwight?

Brook's the one you want to see if you are Cousins because he's more likely to give you the miracle comeback story you crave.

Dwight needs redemption. It's his last chance saloon here.

If he screws up you release him and roll with JaVale and Moe... then maybe bring in Bosh for half a season.

I don't see cousins as that big of a threat like others, due to his achilles injury. It's hard for a big to be as affective, with that injury. Anything can happen though. We will see.

I get what you're saying though and if we sign him, I'll support him because he is apart of the family, but Dwight could be a big gamble on chemistry; I'm not sure he accepts the role of just playing defense and rebounding, occasional dunks ala DeAndre Jordan. He has also been a problem in everybody's locker room. I don't know if the risk is worth the reward.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

With Dwight, Lakers will shoot .458 in the charity stripe.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

At the Vet Min you can cut him the minute he hiccups.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
troy wrote:
I would pretty much run all these vet-rentals by Lebron first, and see what he says.

I think that's the standard LeBron contract.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250554/Lakers-Consulting-With-LeBron-James-On-Offseason-Moves

So do we blindly trust Lebron? I guess we do.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
troy wrote:
I would pretty much run all these vet-rentals by Lebron first, and see what he says.

I think that's the standard LeBron contract.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250554/Lakers-Consulting-With-LeBron-James-On-Offseason-Moves

So do we blindly trust Lebron? I guess we do.

that's in his contract too
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

I don't see cousins as that big of a threat like others, due to his achilles injury. It's hard for a big to be as affective, with that injury. Anything can happen though. We will see.

I get what you're saying though and if we sign him, I'll support him because he is apart of the family, but Dwight could be a big gamble on chemistry; I'm not sure he accepts the role of just playing defense and rebounding, occasional dunks ala DeAndre Jordan. He has also been a problem in everybody's locker room. I don't know if the risk is worth the reward.

If Boogie is done... as many here have thought... Lopez will have no issues.

But if he's healthy... even 80, 90%... Brook can't control either Boogie or KD.

McGee and Dwight can slow them... Brook can't.

I wanted DeAndre... everyone here laughed... I wanted Boogie... same.

I wanted Capela... too expensive... I didn't mind Randle coming back for cheap... he didn't want to do it.

We are out of options if we are still trying for the title...

Dwight for a big contract is dumb... but for 5 million like Boogie it's a low risk/high reward situation.

If we get Brook, I'll be fine with it... I like him.

But we have more chance to win with Dwight.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Give him a non guaranteed contract for 1 year
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Give him a non guaranteed contract for 1 year
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

ah I wish capela pulled a randle and rockets respected his wishes and renounced him, then the lakers got him. maybe Dwight and the rockets could have a reunion
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

zofro wrote:
would yall take back your ex after leaving you? an ex that has since gone from a solid 8 to a 6... i cant be the only one that would relish in the moment to tell that ex to eat ish and drink grapefruit juice.

It depends. How good is she in bed?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
zofro wrote:

It depends. How good is she in bed?

Head game is average at best.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Rondo/LeBron/Howard in 2011 would have destroyed the rest of the league...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Might as well, we just signed another crybaby in lebron
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Lol
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

How about trading Deng and 2 1sts for Dwight?

We have 5.5M in cap space which just so happens to be the difference between Dwight(23.5M) and Deng(18M).

Instead of having to buyout Dwight, Brooklyn would get a couple of assets and could stretch Deng to open up more cap space.

Dwight wants to play for us and because he is in a contract year he should be on his best behavior.

His expiring contract along with the expiring's of KCP, Rondo, Stephenson, and McGee will give us a to of cap space for next summer.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

If we can turn his contract into getting Deng off the books... I'm for it.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

zofro wrote:

No but I'll take a good basketball player who plays a position we desperately need on a cheap deal.

Save your dumb analogy. It's (bleep) basketball.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:

We have 5.5M in cap space which just so happens to be the difference between Dwight(23.5M) and Deng(18M).

Instead of having to buyout Dwight, Brooklyn would get a couple of assets and could stretch Deng to open up more cap space.

Dwight wants to play for us and because he is in a contract year he should be on his best behavior.

His expiring contract along with the expiring's of KCP, Rondo, Stephenson, and McGee will give us a to of cap space for next summer.

Why not let Dwight get bought out, then sign Dwight to the min and still have 5 mill in space left. Trade Deng for 1st rounder next summer.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

boom roasted
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

zofro wrote:

LOL i think you take things a little too personal. You left me? welcome back. Just know I will be using you like a personal fleshlight. No strings attached. Same thing with Dwight. Give us the 15ppg and 13rpg w solid D and you are welcome. 1 false move and you drop him.0
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
zofro wrote:

No but I'll take a good basketball player who plays a position we desperately need on a cheap deal.

Save your dumb analogy. It's (bleep) basketball.

He is actually still pretty solid too from the little I seen him play. Obviously nowhere close to superstar level but for cheap he is by far the best option out there and I would take it at this point on a 1 year deal. IDGAF about the past, I mean we just signed Rondo so I can take Dwight.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:

not worth 2 1sts. I could see us offering deng + zubac since that would give them a young piece to replace him.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

not worth 2 1sts. I could see us offering deng + zubac since that would give them a young piece to replace him.

Agreed. We may need the 2 1st, in case Pop wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and a light bulb goes on making him realize that he will let KL walk for nothing.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

If he's ok getting no touches/isos

If he's ok getting buckets off lobs & putbacks

If he focuses on rebounds & is ok with never finishing games

If he keeps his mouth shut & minds his business in the locker room

If it's for one year with partial guarantees

If Brook Lopez is unavailable & they don't want to try Deng at Center

THEN I'd be ok with it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: