QFTOS: The LeBron to Los Angeles Edition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: QFTOS: The LeBron to Los Angeles Edition

I'll get this started. Feel free to throw in others as the entire NBA reacts to this news!

Boston Celtics (Real GM)
Quote:
Laker fans should be stoked. They just went from a non playoff team to a top 4 team in the West and they aren’t done yet.

Quote:
So happy, finally he’s out of our hair in the east.

Quote:
So our two most hated things are now in one place. LeBron on the Lakers. Let that sink in for a second.

Quote:
Kyrie to Lebron: The East is ours now. You are not going to win a championship with the Lakers. Goodbye

Quote:
You’ve got to love the NBA. You can be as inept as the Lakers have been, but still land the greatest player of all time and turn around your fortune in two seconds. What a **** joke.

Quote:
a team with Kawi and Lebron isn't that scary tbh, Let the west beat each other up..fine with me..hate the Lakers all you want better for him to leave the conference and join them rather than playing him every year in the East. We'll be in the finals for the next several years and who knows we may even win one or two of them.

Quote:
**** the Lakers and **** Lebron, although I guess that goes without saying.

Quote:
I sit here sincerely hoping Kobe comes out of retirement.

Quote:
Have fun Lebron with the lakers because that is all you are going to be having. No rings.

Quote:
Hate the Warriors and Lakers. F that noise. Hoping OKC or even Houston knock them out.

Quote:
More talent out West means worse records for the Kings, Clippers and Grizzles. I'd say the chances of the Kings pick being top 5 now are really high and the chances of the Grizzles pick and Clippers pick not conveying next year are pretty high too.

Quote:
eastern conference talent level resembles third world nations

Quote:
Celtics didn't want lebron. Priceless.

Quote:
Lets get ready to RUMBLE!! Epic Lakers Vs Celtics battles in the near future!! Magic finally restoring the Lakers back to their rightful spot in the West. Danny Ainge taking over the East. NBA FO is pissing on themselves.

Quote:
Everything is so quiet with the celtics. Only one move was made.

Quote:
F#*$!.

Quote:
this rivalry is still gonna be juicy. Lakers-Celtics rivalry plus the added hatred of Lebron? This is gonna be goooooood

Quote:
Magic hasn't done anything so far outside of him and Pelinka drafting Kuzma. That's it. LBJ wanted to be in LA. I could've been the GM and he still would've signed.

Quote:
One of the best parts of Bron going to LA is how ridiculous Embiid looks after all that campaigning. Dude has some serious egg on his face after all his social media antics.

Quote:
As if we needed another reason to hate the Lakers

Quote:
Weird that I'm about the Lakers getting the best player in the league. As long as it wasn't the 76ers. East will be a cakewalk next year.

Quote:
Haaa.. Love LeBron to LA. Third team in the West and almost no way Kawhi gets traded there. This definitely feels like a life after basketball move by LeBron.

Quote:
Trust the exit “process” in philly

Quote:
EVERY 2nd game of a double header on TNT will be the Lakers now. They already had 20+ national broadcasts last season, and they'll probably have 40 this year. Nauseating.

Quote:
I think at this point LeBron is just praying that Curry or Durant get an injury. Maybe he brought Stephenson on board to help make that happen.

Quote:
Huge day for the Lakers. Signing Lebron, Stevenson and now McGee. JaVale is a good player. He was good with the Wizards and Nuggets and solid in limited minutes with the Warriors.

Quote:
rondo in purple/gold wud crush my heart to pieces

Quote:
Wow, what a bunch of total losers: [url=tinyurl.com/y7su8jnw]LINK[/url]

Quote:
Now the Lakers need to sign Dwight. McGee, Stephenson, Dwight, Lebron....the headcase, the crazy, the diva and the Queen.

Quote:
Lakers fans are pretty much basement dwellers and only come out when they get gifted a superstar.

Quote:
Screw the Lakers and I don't even want to see purple and gold on any page of any of our threads. Let's nip this in the bud now, please. They just don't belong in our forum for reporting or gawking purposes.

pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject:

Hah, thanks for getting it started. I've been lurking on other boards actually, and the Celtics fans seems to be the "happiest" about this signing. Maybe because it actually benefits them. The east is theirs and the Sixers get embarrassed. I mean there are a couple of "screw the Lakers, I'll hate them forever, and I hate that they get to be relevant so fast" posts but I think in general they're happy. Excited to get the rivalry started up again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

BUCK FOSTON!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BUCK FOSTON!

BUCK FOSTON & EVERYBODY ELSE!

"Haters gonna hate" & I'm loving it!!
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

is it better than sex with the woman of your life or its just a draw?
Pierlu92
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
So our two most hated things are now in one place. LeBron on the Lakers. Let that sink in for a second.

I love this hate! BUCK FOSTON!
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

Living on the East Coast near Boston is a glorious thing. All I heard was how much the Lakers suck and deserve to be in the basement for the past few years. Now all I will hear is the crying of Celtic fans as they watch championship after championship go to the Lakers.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BUCK FOSTON!
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

I am drinking their tears.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

BUCK FOSTON!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Thanks for starting this thread Big Game. Pretty soon I've gotta face up to the fact it's Monday - anyone have time to do some Sixer Board diving?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Sixers forum

Quote:
Lakers/Celtics next 4 years in finals

Quote:
Now Sixers can focus on Kyle O’quinn

Quote:
so be it.

Embiid (finally conditioned and taking the paint, Simmons (generational talent early in his development), Fultz (a finely molded shot away from dominating the backcourt) ZSmith (holy cow! this kid is as athletic as they get.), Saric (like a rock), a little RoCo, maybe someone stashed, and a ton of cap and we're in great shape. a lot better than this past season, which was a rush. what the L?

Quote:
Another one bites the dust. I, just can't understand this. There's something about Philadelphia that KNOW superstar won't sign here. The Eagles just won the SB, & one would figure things would turn around. I guess not. (I'm a STEELERS fan)

Quote:
Quote:
Oh and James couldn’t win a championship with the likes of Kyre Irving and Kevin Love I highly doubt he can win with Leonard/Ball/Ingram and Co.

He did win one with them guys

Quote:
LeBron's getting pretty old to be taking a gap year. Is he going to be working in one of Magic's theaters, learning how to run a business?

Quote:
After thinking it through, I think I know what Lebron's thinking is here.

It's better for him to not make the Finals again, than to make it again and lose. He's made 9 Finals in his career do date, and won just 3. If he had made a 10th or even 11th and still ended up with 3 rings that would actually hurt his legacy instead of help it. He'd be jokingly referred to as "Mr. Silver Medal'.

By going to LA, he's basically ensuring that if he does make it to the Finals again, he won't be facing the impossible to beat GS Warriors (impossible to beat in his eyes).

Not a bad move on his part. And you certainly can't accuse him of ring chasing here.

gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Celtic fans are both happy and salty at the same time. This must be conflicting like that meme choosing which button to hit.

Then they convenientl forget they were/are a nothing franchise for over 20 years.

5 years was our worst stretch.

Bye.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

People can pretend like there is some sort of negative in getting LeBron, but there is absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, negative or detrimental about signing the best player in the world on your team.

All these other fans would be celebrating by popping bottles if they got LeBron. Keep it up, we are building a super team and are going to be a force for years to come!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
People can pretend like there is some sort of negative in getting LeBron, but there is absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, negative or detrimental about signing the best player in the world on your team.

All these other fans would be celebrating by popping bottles if they got LeBron. Keep it up, we are building a super team and are going to be a force for years to come!

there's nothing negative about it, for sure. But if feels like Bird joining the Lakers in 1989.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
GTL wrote:

there's nothing negative about it, for sure. But if feels like Bird joining the Lakers in 1989.

Ironically, that year Bird played in 6 games because he was vexed by the spurs. Bone spurs, that is. See, we're ahead of the game, bro!
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
GTL wrote:

I would attribute it more to signing MJ in 1997, or Kobe in 2009. Thing is, LeBron is a physical freak of nature. We've never seen any other player like him in terms of athletic ability with his body type and age. He was able to put up career numbers in the post season last year (8 40 point games in the post season, and a 51 point game in the finals) along with near triple doubles every game. I think he's still got a solid 3 years ahead of him, and even then, he will still be a great passer, and solid enough scorer and rebounder to be effective possibly at 38-40 years old.

The interesting thing about all of this? His farewell tour will likely come as a Los Angeles Laker. That makes two of the greatest of our generation doing that with our franchise. Amazing.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

#processthis

#buckfoston
PepsiShine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

im still waiting on the Pujols comparisons
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
GTL wrote:

Except LeBron was a Celtic tormentor, not a Celtic.

Remember how that old saying goes?

"The enemy of my enemy is my new Small Forward."

That might not be it word-for-word but you get it.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

would love to see how the guy really reacted when he found out Rondo is a Laker
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
would love to see how the guy really reacted when he found out Rondo is a Laker
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Sixers forum

Quote:
After thinking it through, I think I know what Lebron's thinking is here.

It's better for him to not make the Finals again, than to make it again and lose. He's made 9 Finals in his career do date, and won just 3. If he had made a 10th or even 11th and still ended up with 3 rings that would actually hurt his legacy instead of help it. He'd be jokingly referred to as "Mr. Silver Medal'.

By going to LA, he's basically ensuring that if he does make it to the Finals again, he won't be facing the impossible to beat GS Warriors (impossible to beat in his eyes).

Not a bad move on his part. And you certainly can't accuse him of ring chasing here.

LOL, this actually ran through my mind as well. Hopefully he proves them wrong.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

May the QFTOS' run through June 2019!
Cqc_NastyN8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BUCK FOSTON!

"If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: