MAGIC -at- LAKERS – 3-7-18 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

HAL 9000 wrote:
Some of the +/- are interesting in this game. Randle, while having an off night, was still a +3 but Lopez was a -15? Strange game.

Anyhoo, thanks DB.

Yeah, the +/- stats don't happen in a vacuum. The 9 other players on the court have an influence on an individual's +/- tally. Agreed, though. Interesting stats to a strange game.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
^I saw some sideline reports quoted late in last night's game thread that he was sick yesterday. Could have had something to do with how he played and carried himself on the bench, and also why Walton chose to go with Lopez scoring down low at the end of the game instead of going Randle like he normally would.
Another sign that Randle was not feeling well (despite playing 30 minutes) were the interesting lineups Luke had on the floor like Caruso, Lonzo, IT, Kuz and Lopez.

With Hart/BI injured and Brewer's contract bought out (glad he landed in OKC), they didn't have many options. It was curious that Wear only played one minute
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I posted this in another thread, but I thought I would post it here too.

What I find more interesting is that Luke has given Kuz the green light to be more of a ball handler / initiate the offense even with Lonzo on the court. This pushes Lonzo to the SG slot.

Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about this....on the one hand it is a great development for Kuz, and enables us to push the pace when he grabs a rebound. On the other, it takes the ball out of Lonzo's hands who is already one of the best floor generals in the league. During the Magic/Lakers game I found myself yelling at Kuz to pass it to Zo when they were in transition.

I have caught almost every Laker game this year, but I hadn't really noticed it before. It was really obvious in this game. Was I just blind to it for the whole season or is this something new(ish)?
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
I posted this in another thread, but I thought I would post it here too.

What I find more interesting is that Luke has given Kuz the green light to be more of a ball handler / initiate the offense even with Lonzo on the court. This pushes Lonzo to the SG slot.

Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about this....on the one hand it is a great development for Kuz, and enables us to push the pace when he grabs a rebound. On the other, it takes the ball out of Lonzo's hands who is already one of the best floor generals in the league. During the Magic/Lakers game I found myself yelling at Kuz to pass it to Zo when they were in transition.

I have caught almost every Laker game this year, but I hadn't really noticed it before. It was really obvious in this game. Was I just blind to it for the whole season or is this something new(ish)?

I think it is part of a more general pattern - in the current system everyone is allowed to push the ball after a rebound.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: