Unpopular / Un-PC opinions
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Unpopular / Un-PC opinions

Got into a little bit of a discussion at work today and thought it would be interesting to hear what LG has to say....

If you're comfortable with it, list some things you believe... even if they might not be PC or popular.

For me, I don't really like pets. They're fine from a distance, but I don't want your dog jumping on me when I go to your house...
Was at lunch the other day and we were eating outside. People were walking by with dogs and the table next to us kept stopping the dogs and petting them. When they started walking our way, the owner would stop the dog at our table like if I wanted to play with it too. This happened several times... Like really? I'm trying to freaking eat here, get your damn dog away from me ffs.

Another one that caused some debate at work today was athletes (or anyone really) thanking GOD after a victory/accomplishment. I've noticed it a lot recently...
That's great to have faith and believe... but it's a little much sometimes.

A few months back, my son won a Martial Arts tournament and one of the parents congratulated him and made a huge deal about how God had blessed him and worked through him to achieve great things. (or something like that) Basically making it seem like my son had nothing to do with his victory. We were polite about it all.. but he's NINE years old lady. Just give him a high-five and carry on.

I realize I'm probably making myself out to look like a gigantic d-bag... but, ehhh, I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Anyone else got any?
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Legalize all Drugs and massively invest in medical treatments & therapy.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

baked lays better than regular lays
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Does them getting baked take the edge off enough for your andvances?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

That was very un pc. Am I doing it right?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Wow, so edgy! I applaud you for having the courage to post all these controversial opinions in an anonymous forum, OP.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

This is like if Jerry Seinfeld went un-PC.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Here's mine: pure multilateralism will forever be inherently fragile, and the global order will always default to hegemony. And some hegemons will be worse than others.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

I can testify to that...
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Does them getting baked take the edge off enough for your andvances?

yep
https://i.imgur.com/ERl5b4a.gif
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Wow, so edgy! I applaud you for having the courage to post all these controversial opinions in an anonymous forum, OP.

Who said I was trying to be ”edgy"?
Just ranting a bit and trying to see where everyone else is at with particular thoughts/ideas. Why do you always have to be such a little turd?
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Just ranting a bit and trying to see where everyone else is at with particular thoughts/ideas. Why do you always have to be such a little turd?

This is not un-PC in places like Texas and Florida, but I'm a pro selective death penalty. If a terrorist, or a rapist or a child molester is caught alive I'm for ridding society of those scum.
Also there should be an automatic internet suspension for people who say "would of" or "could of" instead of "would've"and "could've".
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Not that un-PC i think. It's your personal space/freedom.
Your house, your rule
Your lunch table, your rule
Your accomplishment as an athlete, your way of celebrating (including thanking god excessively)... but your child, your rule... other parents shouldn't applied their way of celebrating to your child
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

This is not un-PC in places like Texas and Florida, but I'm a pro selective death penalty. If a terrorist, or a rapist or a child molester is caught alive I'm for ridding society of those scum.
Also there should be an automatic internet suspension for people who say "would of" or "could of" instead of "would've"and "could've".

I think I'm with you on this.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Your house, your rule
Your accomplishment as an athlete, your way of celebrating (including thanking god excessively)... but your child, your rule... other parents shouldn't applied their way of celebrating to your child

I get it. But with the dogs thing, I mentioned not being very fond of them and a co-worker looked at me like I was the devil. Maybe not nearing PC territory, but definitely not popular.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Unpopular / Un-PC opinions

PLATNUM wrote:

Another one that caused some debate at work today was athletes (or anyone really) thanking GOD after a victory/accomplishment. I've noticed it a lot recently...

A few months back, my son won a Martial Arts tournament and one of the parents congratulated him and made a huge deal about how God had blessed him and worked through him to achieve great things. (or something like that) Basically making it seem like my son had nothing to do with his victory. We were polite about it all.. but he's NINE years old lady. Just give him a high-five and carry on.

I realize I'm probably making myself out to look like a gigantic d-bag... but, ehhh, I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Anyone else got any?

I hate that religulous crap. The word blessed makes me roll my eyes. I remember a woman shouting to another in the parking lot at work to have a blessed weekend and I went "guh..." Meaningless effing word.

Other thing is a surgeon who saved someone's family member's life and they're in the waiting room thanking "God" like the surgeon had no play in it.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Unpopular / Un-PC opinions

non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Anyone else got any?

I hate that religulous crap. The word blessed makes me roll my eyes. I remember a woman shouting to another in the parking lot at work to have a blessed weekend and I went "guh..." Meaningless effing word.

Lmao, NPZ.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Unpopular / Un-PC opinions

PLATNUM wrote:

Lmao, NPZ.

I have sooo many names!...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
governator wrote:
Your house, your rule

I get it. But with the dogs thing, I mentioned not being very fond of them and a co-worker looked at me like I was the devil. Maybe not nearing PC territory, but definitely not popular.

I agree with you. I own a dog (she's family to me) but if someone don't wanna pet/play with her, I don't force that person and def not gonna parade her around other people's tables
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
governator wrote:
Your house, your rule

I agree with you. I own a dog (she's family to me) but if someone don't wanna pet/play with her, I don't force that person and def not gonna parade her around other people's tables

I know what you mean. After I moved away from home my Mom got a dog (as a replacement of sorts) and it just recently passed after nearly 15 years. She was devastated. I can definitely appreciate the "like family" thing... He was a good dog. But yeah.. the whole parading them around for attention just pisses me off.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
governator wrote:
Your house, your rule

Dog owners who follow the dogs around with a bag to pick up the crap but then also let them piss all over the sidewalk like a drunken homeless person. Hey, guess what? I don't like stepping in piss either, wipe that ish' up.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I want to know how many of the #metoo movement took advantage of the sexual advances.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

To go along with what the OP said (at least on some level), here is an extremely un-PC opinion I have. As a single man, I can't stand being around kids, especially young kids. They're whiny, dirty and annoying, they get things around the house dirty and sticky by touching them, they ask stupid questions, and they prevent their parents from getting a full night's sleep while making them age rapidly beyond their years.

I definitely understand how most people love kids and feel joy from being around them, but I'm not like that. I don't actually hate kids and actually think we as a society should do more to help and empower them, but I just don't like being around them.

On the other hand, I absolutely love animals and pets, especially dogs and parrots.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
To go along with what the OP said (at least on some level), here is an extremely un-PC opinion I have. As a single man, I can't stand being around kids, especially young kids. ....

So you're not a Catholic priest?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

That Jesus is my Lord AND savior so I can't expect my views to fit into a PC culture mindset anyway. Funny enough, I may do more eye rolling over some of the "thanking God" comments than you'd think. So much so that the example above just made me keep typing just now and I hope some of it is useful Platnum.

Platnum, I don't think you're a D-bag for what you shared. I'd have to hear the exact comment, but there's a thin line between obeying God in them sharing the "good news" of Christ in anything and obeying the flesh and pushing our own agenda in the name of God. At that point, we're no better than Hollywood. It sounds like they're actually pushing their views to a point that even if they meant well in their mind they've created a stumbling block for that message by belittling your son's accomplishment and created an offense that isn't what God called them to do.

I don't even have a son, but if I did I'd hope that my life's testimony of depending on how great Christ is and how much I need Him would back any influence on my words. Then he'd see himself that he doesn't have to be guilted into giving God credit but would want to. I see the peace in my pastor's life that he preaches to his kids all the time and knows there is nothing in his own power that will open their eyes to Christ being real or having salvation in Him.

This pastor and I have similarities in that we both used to be the cliche youth leader that at times would play video games with the kids, start it with a biblical teaching to check a box and call it youth group. They weren't always like that, but my doctrine sucked and from his stories his did too. So recently he talks to this kid and shares his own story about how he cried out to God and was frustrated that the youth group wasn't flourishing and God hit his heart with the reality that it wasn't about the Lord any more but about himself. Ever since, God's message in Him is potent because of the humility of the past and how it isn't about him but God.

Basically, he was a Steven Furdick type that super soaks the crowd and gets them all reved up with entertainment and feelings and needed to hear something like what Matt Chandler shared in Furdick's own church:

We Christians do a lot of confusing things as we struggle with this battle of walking in the freedom and life God gave us and forgetting our mission, to show Him actively, not us. My pastor even shared that he got to sit down and talk to a guy that was once a kid in his youth group in the early years. He got to apologize for not being obedient to God and helping the kid more (something that I myself have struggled with, thinking when me and the other adults were tying in the "new" Avengers 1 movie for example to the armor of God and surface level teachings, how I'd apologize for not trusting God enough then). Well anyway, he actually got to the point where he had to be at peace with being a crappy teacher back then because it somehow led to the kid wanting a true Christ bad enough that he didn't want the garbage teachings.

So God's word DOES offend, but too often we as Christians offend when we don't have to or aren't called to. We want to force the issue, sometimes we feel obligated to slide God into something: an Avengers movie discussion or a karate tournament and don't think about just doing what's good and trusting God with the rest. So, I do pray that we as Christian live our lives out lovingly and people can't help but see "there's something different about them" and seek us for this Christ, rather than us pushing an agenda that isn't Him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15
Jump to: