An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Why does san Antonio do this?

I don't know. how about the front office makes the call and find out. why do fans think like that. just make the damn call and see what can be worked out. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

I demand that they throw in Leonard and Gregg poppovich as well. Cuz after all You never know if they'll do it unless you ask

Smh
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I don't know. how about the front office makes the call and find out. why do fans think like that. just make the damn call and see what can be worked out. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

I demand that they throw in Leonard and Gregg poppovich as well. Cuz after all You never know if they'll do it unless you ask

Smh

As you yourself said, I don't know why San Antonio would do this. But just make the damn call and ask
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:

Over $22 mil in 2018 cap space
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Watching the preseason so far, there is something that I have noticed, Randle and Ball don't play well together. which means that one of these 2 things need to happen:

1. Randle needs to come off of the bench, and let Kuzma start or...

2. Trade Randle to San Antonio for Lamarcus Aldridge.

Before you say "heck no", this is why:

Aldridge is extremely unhappy in San Antonio and despite his drop off in production, he is still a deadly midrange shooter. Randle... lets face it, he will Never be a good shooter and his lack of shooting, it disrupts the spread offense style that we want to play. Aldrige and Lopez would spread the court for Lonzo to be able to penetrate and kick and both of the bigs would be deadly off of those passes. And in a trade like this, the Spurs would be happy to get a young, promising player and maybe, just maybe, we could add Deng to the trade and get him off the books.

I think that this is something that should be looked into at least.

You do understand that the salary differences b/w Jules and LMA are immense? And no, Spurs won't take Deng as a salary filler either.

I am fully aware of the salary difference and I am not oppose to having to adds something extra as well. but, why do fans do this? always say what another team wont do. You don't know what they would do unless you try. Look what OKC gave of for PG and Melo. Look what we gave up for Pau.

If our front office is thinking with that, "so and so team what do that trade", without even trying, they should be fired!

So we trade Randle and KCP for LMA? The Spurs might go for that, Pop has always had kind words about JR. Would LMA opt out, or would it take a pick or two to trade his ending contract?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

Think like what? Discuss on a discussion board whether a team would or would not make a trade? So we can't discuss trades? Every post should just be assuming any trade is possible? Whether we discuss it or not it has no bearing on whether the Lakers call them. Regardless we are not involved in those conversations. We are just here to talk about it.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Initially, I thought why would they give us LA for Jules. But upon second glance, they might actually consider a Randle/Clarkson/2nd Round Pick combo. Pop already knows Jules from team USA. If anyone can turn Randle into the best version of himself it's Pop. They immediately get younger and faster. JC could become a better player under the tutelage of Parker. At the very least JC give Pop another very good athlete. They are both young enough to be moldable. They are both from Texas and in JC's case San Antonio. With Gasoline hoisting 3's, Randle can clean up underneath, And they get rid of LA, who actually isn't working out there. LA doesn't fit our plans though, but it gives us a really good quality player, but who can also be a difficult teammate and refuses to play the 5.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I don't think OP's trade makes sense. Lakers' goal is to free up 2018 cap space for 2 max free agents. Aldridge has a player option for 2018-19 so no guarantee he opt out. To obtain the required cap space, Lakers have to trade Clarkson and Deng. Randle will be a free agent this offseason and his cap hold is $12.5 million unless we waive his rights, at which point we are better off trading him as well.

Realistically, I don't think Randle is good enough to attach Deng's terrible contract so I view Deng's contract as untradeable. We will likely use the stretch provision to spread the remaining years of his contract. That leaves us with trading Clarkson and Randle for cap space.

Players with expiring contracts are Booker - Nets, Nelson - Nuggets, Frye - Cavs, Ariza - Rockets, Williams - Clippers, Wright - Memphis, Johnson - Jazz.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Just an idea being thrown out.Why such harsh responses. Not as bad as some proposed around here.

I prefer that the Lakers remain patient and keep Randle but I can see some long shot value here for SA.

Contracts actually match up. Aldridge for Randle and Deng. Close enough to create some flexibility. Deng has an extra year but IMO Randle offsets the downside enough financially.

And if anyone can get some performance out of Deng it would be Popovich and the Spurs. Throw in a promising Randle and it is not so far fetched if the rumors of how unhappy Aldridge is are true.

Not sure Aldridge can play at the pace the Lakers seem to be striving for. How many aging slow half court big men can they fit on the court?

Because he never explained why SA would entertain this idea, how Randle would fit with the Spurs so Pop would be interested.

Does he even know the Spurs' lineup? Doesn't a good trade proposal work for both teams and shouldn't a poster explain the fit for the other team?

Because the whole world knows the Lakers probably will not resign Randle, I think the best the Lakers could hope for in a Randle trade is an expiring contract coming back for a package of Randle and Clarkson ...

Randle, Clarkson, and Zubac for Greg Monroe (bought out) and Rashad Vaughn.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Soooo anyway the Lakers can get Devin Booker?

He would look amazing in this offense next to Zo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: