*** 1ST REGULAR SEASON GAME *** LAKERS AND CLIPPERS @ STAPLES 10/19/17 7:30 PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
As mad as I am, we did miss many, many good looks. But this team has no shooters so how could it get better?

I saw a lot of open looks too. We need some of the players who were shooters in college to be shooters at the pro level. Everyone is perpetually ice cold. Particularly the skinny guy who was told he's the designated "beast" and practiced his outside shot all summer so he can now go 3 for 15, and after failing miserably in preseason is still being showcased in failed iso after failed iso. Or the uber talented rookie PG who goes 1 for 6 while being saddled with the worst-shooting teammates on the wings and at the 4, and separated for most of the game by our coach from a combo 3/4 who is the most legit 3 way scorer we have, who can explode for 30 plus points real fast if he gets on a roll, and who combined with said rookie to be a devastating combination just a few months ago on the way to a summer league championship. Interesting that this explosive scorer had to scrounge for loose rebounds and garbage cleanup to get his offensive looks, while a washed up has-been started the game. Things like this confuse a lot of players. Might have something to do with missing open looks.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
The worst season opener I’ve watched in over 20 years.

Not impressed with the Clippers. They absolutely got worse without CP3.

We just suck really Bad.

That's the worst effort and execution wise in 30ish years or more. The Lakers have an excellent opener record since effin 91/2. Even the Threatt teams won in 92, 3, 4, ya know. Yowza. There was a bad one in 02/03 vs SA without Shaq, but at least the score was respectable.

Sedale was super money rolling off to the left.
Mid range jumper master.

Guaranteed half of these kids who on post on LG nowadays has no clue who we are taking about

Sedale fading left was as good as a layup

I looked back at bballref for opener scores. We had an 18 pt loss vs HOU in 2013/14, but that team was 21-61. Not the best omen. However, most losses we took even in lean years were by 1 or 2 points. 2007 vs HOU lost by 2 (angry Kobe, remember? Luke tapped in ball in own basket). We had a 2 pt loss to HOU more recently and a 1 pt loss to MIN and a 1 pt loss to CHI in that 66 gm year.

What's disappointing is that this team for nearly 3 decades has shown a helluva lot more pluck and vigor in the opener at least.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Mark my words, Lakers will win this game

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Zo is in for a looooong season. His father put a bullseye on his back. Every player he goes against is going to go out of their way to show his FATHER he's not all he made him out to be. Patrick Beverly is just the first of many to come.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Zo is in for a looooong season. His father put a bullseye on his back. Every player he goes against is going to go out of their way to show his FATHER he's not all he made him out to be. Patrick Beverly is just to first of many to come.
i agree i had noted earlier that i was concerned about his 1st game being against beverly and was promptly told it would be no problem his passing would take care him against beverly. it was actually worse than i feared. at least moving forward he should have anyone dog him so closely for a few games.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The #Clippers attempted 107 shots against the Lakers. That's a mind-boggling number and doesn't say much for the Lakers' defense.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The #Clippers attempted 107 shots against the Lakers. That's a mind-boggling number and doesn't say much for the Lakers' defense.

That's on their horrible defensive rebounding.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

That's on their horrible defensive rebounding.

Team chemistry and rebounding left a lot to be desired.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57
Jump to: