LAL-BKN-MIL

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: LAL-BKN-MIL

LAL in: Hawes, Hamilton
LAL out: Mozgov

BKN in: Mozgov, Henson, MIL 2017 1st (#17)
BKN out: Lopez, Hamilton

MIL in: Lopez
MIL out: Hawes, Henson, MIL 2017 1st (#17)

Mozgov GTF.O
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

there is a trade i want to discuss, but im not allowed to post a new topic yet, what a coincidence that i found this one which has the same teams involved as the one i had in mind tell me what you guys think, would something like this be possible:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9oyrcf7

+ 28th pick to Nets.

why do Lakers do this?
-obvious isnt it? Mozgov and Deng contracts must be gone, they will hurt us a lot in the upcoming free agency of 2018. add the 28 pick for Nets to be convinced, and with so many young assets on our team, the 28th wont be much valuable to us like it would be for the Nets imo. Teletovic would add some much needed 3pt shooting off the bench at the 3 and 4, very useful player if you can fit him into the system. Brook will play one year and then leave.

why do Nets do this?
-Nets are currently where we were at 4 years ago (minus a Kobe Bryan)t. they suck, have no young players and have very few of their own picks as they traded all in that stupid trade with Boston. they are bound to be at the bottom of the league for atleast 3 years until they can land someone good in the draft, and by the time they draft a decent enough young core, they will have 2 huge expiring contracts which will help them fix the roster. a team like that should jump at every opportunity to get ANY 1st round pick. in 3 years, if they draft right and with Mozgov and Deng leaving, they would be in a great position.

why do Bucks do it?
-Teletovic doesent play much for them, and barely even played in the playoffs. they have Jabari Parker at 4 and Giannis at 3 who will consume most of the minutes, and Teletovic isnt exactly 1st choice off the bench either, so they wont lose much (if anything at all) with him gone. their PG depth is quite thin for a playoff team, and while Lin is not exactly the best PG around, hes good enough for a backup role in a playoff contender.

so there is that. tell me what you guys think, would Nets do this (it would make sense for them imo)? if not then maybe add one of our young players on a low contract like Ennis for example
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

It's not just players, there's money involved too. brooklyn will have to pay that 80 million

I think it will cost more than just the 28

interesting nonetheless

yours is essentially the best case scenario
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

So of all the usernames to choose from, you chose Goodrich25? I love it! I saw Stumpy & West, light it up many a times back then.

Re trade: too, too favorable for us. Getting rid of Deng and Mozzy in one transaction is dreamy. As the other poster noted there's also money to be paid, and the 28th pick seems a bit paltry as an incentive to pay out for two players that are already 30 or over.

Now, if you throw in the two 2nds the Lakers received in the Calderon transaction, who knows? they might bite.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject:

TBH I think we'd have to attach more to get rid of these 2. These are 2 pretty bad contracts, I don't think the 28th pick would be enough.

If it was though, it would really accelerate our re-building due to the extra cap room.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
It's not just players, there's money involved too. brooklyn will have to pay that 80 million

I think it will cost more than just the 28

interesting nonetheless

yours is essentially the best case scenario

well they are under the cap, no? they arent attracting any top free agents until 2019 (best case scenario, 2020 is more realistically and even that is a big IF) and are bound to tank for a few years to start their rebuild. youre probably right, we will have to give them more than the 28th, but i dont know what tradeable picks we have. maybe 1-2 2nd rounders?
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
So of all the usernames to choose from, you chose Goodrich25? I love it! I saw Stumpy & West, light it up many a times back then.

Re trade: too, too favorable for us. Getting rid of Deng and Mozzy in one transaction is dreamy. As the other poster noted there's also money to be paid, and the 28th pick seems a bit paltry as an incentive to pay out for two players that are already 30 or over.

Now, if you throw in the two 2nds the Lakers received in the Calderon transaction, who knows? they might bite.

always liked Goodrich for some reason, even though i never saw him play probably because i find his name kinda cool

see, i didnt even know we got 2nd rounders for him, they sure would help. wonder if they rate Ennis for example
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
TBH I think we'd have to attach more to get rid of these 2. These are 2 pretty bad contracts, I don't think the 28th pick would be enough.

If it was though, it would really accelerate our re-building due to the extra cap room.

definitely. those 2 will definitely set us back a year or two if we cant deal them away. for a team like us that has an already established young core and is trying to recruit top free agents and finish the rebuilding process, they are an absolute nightmare. for a team like Brooklyn? i dont think they mean much for them, they arent signing anyone noteworthy in the next few years anyway so might as well keep those two around, since they will have to be tanking anyway, annd they would get them some much needed picks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: