The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Already the highest state income tax in California, if the California Single-Payer Healthcare System passed, we could pay the extra 15% state income tax. Do you think any FA player really like to come play in LA?
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject:

If CP3 resigns with the Clippers, its hard to see LeBron choosing Lakers over Clippers.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Boston Celtics squad can bring him a probable ship if they can get Bron without giving up Isiah Thomas. The Celtics young guns plus Bron can compete well with this season champs.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:
Already the highest state income tax in California, if the California Single-Payer Healthcare System passed, we could pay the extra 15% state income tax. Do you think any FA player really like to come play in LA?

Lebron wont be that stupid to move to western conference n got killed by the warriors before reaching the finals. Eastern conference will guarantee him another free walk to the finals. Another chance to paddle the stats is not to be missed!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I'm thinking it will be the clippers. CP3 factor and I think Ballmer will do anything to ensure that Lebron is not a laker.

They would seem to be the favorites. But jeez would that be a bad way to end a career, wearing a Clippers jersey.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

We are building for the future. Our coach is a good indication of that.
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Only if the Lakers show promise THIS upcoming season (like win 41 games or above) and land another marquee free agent.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
I think he would go to the Clippers to play with Paul before he goes to the Lakers. Don't think the Lakers really have anything to offer him.

Chris Paul is on a en route to joining the Spurs once that happens Griffin will go to Miami or Boston, Lakers are in position to become better then the Clippers, LeBron isn't gonna go to a team that will have no pieces.

Don't see Ballmer moving to a brand new arena in Inglewood without at least an inclination Paul and Griffin are coming back if Blake wants to be "the man" he sure as heck ain't gonna do it behind IT in Bos or Whiteside in Miami. Just my opinion
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
I think he would go to the Clippers to play with Paul before he goes to the Lakers. Don't think the Lakers really have anything to offer him.

Chris Paul is on a en route to joining the Spurs once that happens Griffin will go to Miami or Boston, Lakers are in position to become better then the Clippers, LeBron isn't gonna go to a team that will have no pieces.

Don't see Ballmer moving to a brand new arena in Inglewood without at least an inclination Paul and Griffin are coming back if Blake wants to be "the man" he sure as heck ain't gonna do it behind IT in Bos or Whiteside in Miami. Just my opinion

Actually Inglewood is the perfect place to sell the Clipper fans that there is gonna be a rebuild, It could be like creating a new expansion team for them this time with new pieces on the roster
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:

Unless the taxes are different in Oakland, compared to what LeBron would pay in LA, I don't see why Curry and Durant would want to stay, but LeBron would be afraid to come.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
If CP3 resigns with the Clippers, its hard to see LeBron choosing Lakers over Clippers.

The Clippers roster is going to be god awful in another year. If you want to beat GSW, you need to have a couple of superstars, and a bunch of good players on their rookie contracts. The Lakers are the perfect situation for him, if he is looking to move.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

Lebron wont be that stupid to move to western conference n got killed by the warriors before reaching the finals. Eastern conference will guarantee him another free walk to the finals. Another chance to paddle the stats is not to be missed!

LeBron isn't scare of playing against the Warriors, he just want better teammates. This idea that he would stay in the East, just so he can make the finals, and lose is stupid. You really think Jerry West wanted to go 1-8 in the NBA finals.

If the Lakers can sign him and PG, he would have two guys in Ingram and George who can guard Durant, freeing him up to guard Draymond. If they draft Ball, he would have two guys who can handle in Ball and Russell, so he doesn't have to do all of the playmaking. The Cavs roster outside of Kyrie is hot garbage, and they don't have any picks. Hell, Richard Jefferson and Kyle Korver are both 36, and they were the best players off the bench for Cleveland.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:

LeBron is coming to help fund our healthcare system. He's such a thoughtful guy.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Lmao
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

they should move this team to Palm Springs. Because it's going to become a retirement home
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

There's a lot riding on this upcoming season. If the kids look like they can be legit stars in the near future it's not a stretch at all to think the top free agents will want to sign here next summer. Live in LA and compete for championships. Who isn't down for that? The Lakers have always paid for winners and I don't expect that trend will stop.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lebron's getting old. This Finals' performance was his peak. He's only gonna go down from here. Not only that but I mean realistically what kind of team would Lebron has to be on in order to stand a chance against the Warriors? I mean despite how dominant the Cavs look throughout the playoffs, they almost got swept by the Warriors. The series wasn't even close. I think right now, the only team with a real shot of beating the Warriors is Lebron for Aldridge for Spurs. The ONLY remote possibility in the entire league!!

With that being said, we're not gonna throw away most of young assets for a few year rental of Lebron in order to get embarrassed by GSW. Dynasties happen. When teams win championship they usually win a few in a row. This is GSW's time. We'll concede that fact and build toward the future.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

Come on over, old man Lebron.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron's getting old. This Finals' performance was his peak. He's only gonna go down from here. Not only that but I mean realistically what kind of team would Lebron has to be on in order to stand a chance against the Warriors? I mean despite how dominant the Cavs look throughout the playoffs, they almost got swept by the Warriors. The series wasn't even close. I think right now, the only team with a real shot of beating the Warriors is Lebron for Aldridge for Spurs. The ONLY remote possibility in the entire league!!

With that being said, we're not gonna throw away most of young assets for a few year rental of Lebron in order to get embarrassed by GSW.

Im definitely not a LeBron fan and actually quite dislike him (which is why I was rooting for the Dubs), but the bolded was said about his performance in last year's finals as well. Whatever you think of the guy, he seems to be well placed for a couple more years at this performance 'peak' given his fitness level and apparent invulnerability from injury (I think it's PEDs, but that's another story).

If he somehow joined the Lakers, I'd be fully supportive of that as long as we didn't sell the farm long-term (e.g. Monetize DLO, Ingram, and Ball) for short term assets.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

With that being said, we're not gonna throw away most of young assets for a few year rental of Lebron in order to get embarrassed by GSW. Dynasties happen. When teams win championship they usually win a few in a row. This is GSW's time. We'll concede that fact and build toward the future.

They almost could have went back to Oakland with it at 2-2.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

With that being said, we're not gonna throw away most of young assets for a few year rental of Lebron in order to get embarrassed by GSW.

Im definitely not a LeBron fan and actually quite dislike him (which is why I was rooting for the Dubs), but the bolded was said about his performance in last year's finals as well. Whatever you think of the guy, he seems to be well placed for a couple more years at this performance 'peak' given his fitness level and apparent invulnerability from injury (I think it's PEDs, but that's another story).

If he somehow joined the Lakers, I'd be fully supportive of that as long as we didn't sell the farm long-term (e.g. Monetize DLO, Ingram, and Ball) for short term assets.

Well he's not gonna come here for free...like PG13? We'd have to trade the whole farm away to get him.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Well he's not gonna come here for free...like PG13? We'd have to trade the whole farm away to get him.

There is a pathway for both he and PG to come here as FAs after this coming season. It's difficult, but possible.

If it were about trading the farm, then I agree with you. I'm referring to him coming here as a FA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
There's a lot riding on this upcoming season. If the kids look like they can be legit stars in the near future it's not a stretch at all to think the top free agents will want to sign here next summer. Live in LA and compete for championships. Who isn't down for that? The Lakers have always paid for winners and I don't expect that trend will stop.

If they don't win 45 games next season then attracting a top FA will be difficult.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

He has a opt-out after the this upcoming season. That's what they are talking about. Wouldn't have to give up anything.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie Buss: you can go ahead and close this thread. Thanks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 4 of 2079
Jump to: