Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
laker4life wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
Magic and Jeanie have done nothing wrong....they have not made any mistakes but you guys already have doubts based on what.

Yeah they just went on a media tour for a week straight to publicly shame two people who dedicated their lives to working for the Lakers, including a man who was instrumental in ensuring that Kobe won his second two titles.

I am intrigued and excited for what can happen next but this still doesn't sit right with me, and I can't fully be happy with everything because of how especially Mitch Kupchak was treated. This was handled very coldly. They really twisted the knife for no other reason than to twist the knife.

they were not doing a good job!!!!!! so what happens. it doesnt matter that you have been their for a long time. Jimmy was not going to resign.... that was the easy way. He stated what he was going to do and then decided he would not keep his promise. I have no sorrow for jimmy and mitch.

I was basically going to say the same thing.

They had to clean house.

It sucks but that is reality.

Look at what Jim Buss did after he got fired.

Without any cause, he pursued a baseless action against the Trust and Corporation by appointing a director who did not want the job in the first place.

What an idiot?

I know this does no good, but without cause? He got fired before his deadline was up, and then dragged through the mud in the process. I'd call that cause. And the action he pursued (and make no mistake, they didn't nominate a guy who was unaware and unwilling) was never really intended to succeed, or he would have gone forward with it. It was designed to show here what kind of mischief they could get up to as managing trustees, which is of course why there is still an ongoing court case, because they can do any number of things at the next shareholder's meeting...

I respectfully disagree that being fire before a deadline and being dragged through the mud constitute "cause". For me personally, Buss only has "cause" if there is some violation of some legal right that Buss possessed.

First, there was no "contract" which "established" the deadline as the end date. It was simply created to provide some guidance.

Also, being dragged in the "mud" is a matter of opinion. Buss is an executive for the Los Angeles Lakers and is probably considered a sports figure/a limited public figure. People are entitled to criticize him for his sport's decisions.

Media, bloggers, and fans are allowed to give endless criticism, name calling or even ridicule him if it pertains to his sport's decisions or choices. Therefore, he can be clearly dragged through the "mud".

Also, one of these proposed board member stated that he did not wanted to be on the Board.

Quote:
'In addition, Mr. Chaudhari made it very clear that he is not, nor has he ever been, interested in participating in a family dispute.” [...]"

http://deadspin.com/the-buss-brothers-sure-dont-seem-very-competent-or-well-1793084398

In return, I respect your opinion, but cause is merely an event or action that motivates one to act in return. And being fired how and when he was, replete with a very public trashing, would tend to cause a lot of people to strike back. Whether he's ultimately right or should do that is another matter, but he certainly has a reason for the behavior.

And yeah, I'm not really that interested in what that dude has to say, because it is what he would say if it were true or not.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

How was Jim "dragged through the mud" prior to Johnny's misguided calling of the shareholders meeting?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

The Magic/Jeanie thing was scummy, especially those articles that were coming out and it will take me a bit to trust them. That being, Jim should've lost his role.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
How was Jim "dragged through the mud" prior to Johnny's misguided calling of the shareholders meeting?

Lol. You missed the whole firing and multiple articles and interviews salvaging him and Mitch in strong and even personal terms? Nah, because you were vocally enjoying them. We can disagree, but let's knock off the fake ignorance eh?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Lol. You missed the whole firing and multiple articles and interviews salvaging him and Mitch in strong and even personal terms? Nah, because you were vocally enjoying them. We can disagree, but let's knock off the fake ignorance eh?

Remember the Ding article from last year that used the death of Jeanie's dog to make a her sympathetic, while using the death of Mitch's 15 year old daughter to show that he isn't a people person?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Remember the Ding article from last year that used the death of Jeanie's dog to make a her sympathetic, while using the death of Mitch's 15 year old daughter to show that he isn't a people person?

Let me restate for clarity:

From the day he was fired (February 21) until the news came that Jeanie was filing a TRO (March 2), how was Jim dragged through the mud?

I've read ALL of the LAT/OCR & ESPN articles - this is what I've found:

Quote:
“Jim loves the Lakers. Although he will no longer be responsible for basketball personnel decisions, he is an owner of this team and we share the same goal: returning the Lakers to the level of greatness our father demanded. Our fans deserve no less,” Jeanie Buss said in a statement.

“We are grateful for the many contributions Mitch has made to the Lakers over the years and we wish him all the best,” Jeanie Buss said in a statement, though she also attached Kupchak’s presence to the team’s turbulent recent seasons.

“I took these actions today to achieve one goal: Everyone associated with the Lakers will now be pulling in the same direction, the direction established by Earvin and myself,” Jeanie Buss said in a statement. “We are determined to get back to competing to win NBA championships again.”

Quote:
“This was a very difficult decision,” Buss said on Spectrum. “It was probably so hard for me to make that I probably waited too long. And for that, I apologize to Lakers fans. But now with clarity and direction, and talking to with Ervin, really knowing a change was needed, and that’s why we’re here today."

Magic never mentions Mitch or Jim. Jeanie's most "damning" statement was that she should have pulled the trigger sooner.

If the inference is that somehow Jeanie created a negative perception of Jim prior to his removal, well, that is a different argument, but Jim brought that upon himself by inserting his foot in his mouth in radio interviews, along with hiring Chad the Bartender and Bonnie-Jill the Figure Model as "scouts" for the team. He has had the opportunity to shape his own narrative and tell his own story. How's he done?

His FIRST, big, all-by-himself move was to hire Rudy T - still in the throes of alcoholism - to become the highest paid HC in the league, without consulting the business side on the terms of the deal. Rudy lasted 43 games and it was all downhill from there, to the disastrous media farce of 2007.

Yes, Jim has gotten a ton of negative coverage in the media . . . but that is primarily because of Jim himself.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
along with hiring Chad the Bartender and Bonnie-Jill the Figure Model as "scouts" for the team.

Funny how our scouting has been literally the franchise's best selling point in the last 3 years.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Quote:
along with hiring Chad the Bartender and Bonnie-Jill the Figure Model as "scouts" for the team.

Funny how our scouting has been literally the franchise's best selling point in the last 3 years.

Good luck trying to explain that.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Lol. Did you feel this strongly about lost jobs when Jim executed his "pink wedding" in summer '10?

Fake ignorance is holding on to the idea that Jim should have been kept until his self-set deadline. Fact is, it was never up to him to begin with. But if we play along, he was not going to meet his deliverables anyway. Only logical to cut off the failure and move in a new direction before more damage was done.

Not a fan of the media hoopla surrounding the FO though.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Lol. Did you feel this strongly about lost jobs when Jim executed his "pink wedding" in summer '10?

Fake ignorance is holding on to the idea that Jim should have been kept until his self-set deadline. Fact is, it was never up to him to begin with. But if we play along, he was not going to meet his deliverables anyway. Only logical to cut off the failure and move in a new direction before more damage was done.

Not a fan of the media hoopla surrounding the FO though.

Yup, too bad Jeanie didn't fire him before Moz/Deng.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

you are pretty loyal to Jim/Mitch and go above/beyond to support them. may i know why? if you don't mind?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

* Jeanie Buss: Lakers Not Having An All-Star Next Year Would ‘Break My Heart’

Quote:
“Next season, Los Angeles is hosting the NBA All Star Game at Staples Center and I’m concerned that we won’t have an All Star on the team. And that would break my heart.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/jeanie-buss-lakers-not-having-an-all-star-next-year-would/2017/03/30/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* Jeanie Buss Believes Luke Walton Can Be Lakers Coach For ‘Next 10 Or 15 Years

Quote:
“What was important to me was how he felt about our coach, Luke Walton,” Buss said during a podcast on Forbes Sports Money. “Luke Walton is, he is somebody that I believe can be our coach for the next 10 or 15 years, as long as we don’t kill him.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/jeanie-buss-believes-luke-walton-can-be-lakers-coach-for-next-10-or-15-years/2017/03/30/
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
“Next season, Los Angeles is hosting the NBA All Star Game at Staples Center and I’m concerned that we won’t have an All Star on the team. And that would break my heart.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/jeanie-buss-lakers-not-having-an-all-star-next-year-would/2017/03/30/

Oh, (bleep).
Say goodbye to Ingram and Russell.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand what makes Jeanie so amazing that she is able to stay the controlling owner in perpetuity. What has she proven? Yeah I wanted both Jim and Mitch fired but Jeanie should have to go through the same "Prove that you're competent" challenge Jim had to go through
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Oh, (bleep).

I honestly can't tell if Jeanie is:
a) so stupid she doesn't realize comments like that hurt the Lakers' negotiating position
b) so uninvolved with the bball ops (even with Magic at the top) that what she wants has no bearing on their negotiating position?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Oh, (bleep).

a) so stupid she doesn't realize comments like that hurt the Lakers' negotiating position
b) so uninvolved with the bball ops (even with Magic at the top) that what she wants has no bearing on their negotiating position?

She is really stupid regarding public relations.
She's been saying (bleep) to the press since Doc Buss died.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

you are pretty loyal to Jim/Mitch and go above/beyond to support them. may i know why? if you don't mind?

Eh, it's just above and beyond to folks who go above and beyond the other direction and view anything short of hatred as worship. I have a strong sense of fairness, and of evidence.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

It is not ignorance. Instead, I think what happened was Jeanie's lawyers were incredibly brilliant and were able to get their position out in the public.

Most of the newspaper basically reported what was filed with the Court.

The bloggers and others added their own opinion.

In her filings, Jeanie made her arguments and position public. Jim Buss never responded. Therefore, the news will run with what is out there.

Every filing in Court pointed out Jim's shortcoming. Jim never responded.

In the end, he resigned without even a fight.

Jim was not dragged through the mud because the news simply reported what was filed.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Oh, (bleep).

I hope not unless it is a blockbuster trade.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I see that there has been so much false propaganda spread on this site during the Jim vs. Jeannie era that some on here are questioning her competence. Thank God that loser is gone. Give her some time and she'll right the ship. She's got to undo all the terrible decisions Jimbo has made, and remember none of it was her doing. The state of our team right now is a direct result of the failed jockey and that's why he was rightfully fired.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I see that there has been so much false propaganda spread on this site during the Jim vs. Jeannie era that some on here are questioning her competence. Thank God that loser is gone. Give her some time and she'll right the ship. She's got to undo all the terrible decisions Jimbo has made, and remember none of it was her doing. The state of our team right now is a direct result of the failed jockey and that's why he was rightfully fired.

Lol, the one spreading all the propaganda was the victim.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

If after ten minutes at the poker table you do not know who the patsy is—you are the patsy.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Oh, (bleep).

I hope not unless it is a blockbuster trade.

I guess we'll have to wait & see
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Oh, (bleep).

a) With Jim removed she has no reason to purposely undermine the team, leaving us to conclude that must not understand the potential effect of her words.
b) I think she is uninvolved, but her ignorance can not be a shield now that she has shown in spectacular fashion that she is (and has been?) completely in charge of the entire franchise.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
Magic and Jeanie have done nothing wrong....they have not made any mistakes but you guys already have doubts based on what. They fired two men who were not doing their jobs.......You guys can pretend that jim and mitch were good at their jobs and had us on the right track. I want to look at reality and decide, they were wrong for the job and we are starting fresh. If mistakes and wrong decisions are made...yes jeanie and magic will be responsible, but to doubt them from the start is crazy.

Magic and Jeanie have done nothing, with the exception of Jeanie presiding over the worst Laker seasons ever. The FO did exactly the same as the previous FO would have done. The same losing mentality. We will see if something changes in the offseason but for now, Magic/Pelinka is the same as Mitch/Jim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 3 of 174
Jump to: