SONICS -vs- LAKERS -- 10/12 -- Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

sean2023 wrote:
Quote:

He was very slippery on screens tonight. Watch how well he plays screens compared to the other guards.

That was exactly what stood out most to me about Farmar last night. Very impressive.

Yeah, I thought he did a nice job in that regard. Even a bit better than what I saw at the SPL. Can't wait to see him against some higher level guards who run the PnR with a little more sophistication and speed.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Very impressive stint by the energy guys - Farmar & Turiaf. The Lakers hit shots on 7 or 8 straight possessions in the closing moments of the game. Gotta love that kind of execution.

Having Farmar & Luke in at the same time really increases the court awareness and bball smarts of the team on the floor.

Yes, it's good to be back in biz again, but it won't be complete until #8... err, #24 gets back on the floor.

Nice job, DB.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

DB....thanks for the smilelys!!

I love this time of the year!!!
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Awesome thoughts and ratings, I remember when the 05-06 season just started and Greg Anthony made an emphasis on the Lakers surprising the west. With all the additions, there'll be no surpising this time!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Piss-poor job, DB!!! I wish you hadn't created this thread!!!

Sorry, I just had to see that in one of these threads at least ONCE.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if it's fair to judge Shammond based on a couple of games, his first two running the triangle offense. He's a 31 year old veteran. As nearly all veterans do, he didn't play in the SPL. The rookies look better at this stage. Shammond is just getting in some work. Fans overreact based on first impressions.

A couple of seasons ago, the Lakers had T-Air, Chucky, and Sasha. Sasha clearly wasn't ready to be a starter as a rookie. Most people here thought T-Air was the starter based on his pre-season. The more experience basketball fans knew that Chucky would start. Chucky wasn't by any means a great starter, but he was better than T-Air.

Shammond was not obtained to be a starter. He was obtained to be a backup. He's here for depth. He's here in case someone gets injured. Ankle sprains are very common. If Jordan Farmar gets an ankle injury, Shammond will be there. Shammond did have a total of 7 assists and 3 steals in 34 minutes, despite being unfamiliar with the offense and players.

Sasha is finally starting to hit his stride. Hopefully, he will be able to push Smush. Smush is the starter to begin the season. Both may be overtaken by Jordan Farmar, before the season ends.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. I love the Luke, Farmer, Turiaf trio. If none of them crack the starting lineup, that is one hell of a nucleus for the second unit. In fact, I like lo and Kobe on the first line, Walton and farmar in the second unit, and maybe all 4 in at crunch time. Looks like quality depth, which will be a huge improvement from last year. I hate to make premature predictions, but this team contending in the west seems to not be a stretch.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

DB - Great to hear from ya! Hey, "DB" must mean "Da Banner" that the Lakers will bring home - hopefully this year.

Re: Farmar
Stu said it best when he stated that Farmar has the mentatility of a PG that shows in the plays that he was making

Re: Vlad
It was good seeing Vlad drive the paint and work on defense. Everybody knows that he can shoot, we hope that he will be able to showcase his other skills when basketball experts rated him higher than Dirk?!?!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
I don't know if it's fair to judge Shammond based on a couple of games, his first two running the triangle offense. He's a 31 year old veteran. As nearly all veterans do, he didn't play in the SPL. The rookies look better at this stage. Shammond is just getting in some work. Fans overreact based on first impressions.

He needs a little more time to find out how to pick his spots in this offense. There are places you don't want to get yourself into and habits you may need to break. Once you start getting into a comfort zone, you become can more efficient and cut down on a lot of the stupid stuff. Of course, this is no excuse for the defensive end. Our rotations and schemes will get better, but your hustle and desire to play D should always be apparent.

It would be nice if the Lakers let Farmar and Shammond get some PT against the Suns so they could have a little experience before the season starts against those guys. Nash runs the PnR better than anyone, so if you can do anything even semi disruptive defensively against that...well, you're doing something right. Also, if there is one kind of defender that may give Farmar trouble it will be a guy like Banks who can play physical. I know Farmar put on a little bit of muscle, but a physical defender can get to Farmar. Good test for him. And good for the coaches, who can get a little knowledge about their players before throwing them into the fire of a regular season battle.
pawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

You're writeups are great as usual, DB. I know this just echos what so many say in all of your threads, but, seriously, I really do appreciate all of your time, effort and insight poured into these after every game. Thanks!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, pawn... and the rest of the regulars. Good to see all you guys back posting again in a new season of Thoughts and :- )) Ratings.

I missed talking about the actual games!
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

The player cutting and ball movement are better than I expected.

The most impressive part is that many of our previously nervous youngsters look more comfortable/poised.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

pawn wrote:
You're writeups are great as usual, DB. I know this just echos what so many say in all of your threads, but, seriously, I really do appreciate all of your time, effort and insight poured into these after every game. Thanks!
I Second the Thought and Sentiment

With Kwame being slightly injuried, could this be the time where we can witness the "Point Center" Lamar Odom and how effective he could be?
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Thanks
zass17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:

THIS IS MY THOUGHT OF THE GAME
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: