Official KOBE BRYANT appreciation thread (pg.14 links and quotes re: retirement announcement)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
This commercial got lost in the shuffle with the Apple TV commercial and Nike's "The Conductor" commercial:

Nike Basketball: Don't Love Me. Hate Me.

One of the better ones.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I noticed Kobe's parents weren't at the game. I mean it didn't dawn on me until the other day. Rather unfortunate.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I noticed Kobe's parents weren't at the game. I mean it didn't dawn on me until the other day. Rather unfortunate.

Unfortunately I think that situation might be broken...for good.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's retirement a dark day for his fans in China

Quote:
For Zhang Weiping, a former basketball player and coach in China who now works as a television analyst, Bryant's extraordinary popularity in his homeland comes as no surprise.

"Lots of people around the world love Kobe and some people hate him but in China most of the people, the fans, love him," Weiping, 65, told Reuters after watching the 37-year-old Bryant play his final NBA game, against the Utah Jazz in Los Angeles.

"They love him because of his character, his personality, his basketball skill and also because no matter how difficult things were, he always met the challenge.

"Michael Jordan is top in China for the older generation but for the younger generation Kobe is number one. They love Kobe much more than LeBron (James) in China."

Asked where he would rank in popularity compared with China's best-known player, eight-time NBA All-Star Yao Ming, the ever-smiling Weiping replied: "Kobe first, then Yao Ming second."
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I do too he was interviewed about it on Real Sports says he didn't expect them to be there. Would explain why he didn't mention them in his speech.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I do too he was interviewed about it on Real Sports says he didn't expect them to be there. Would explain why he didn't mention them in his speech.

I find his parents quite perplexing, always have considering how close they were. Many parents aren't pleased with their kids' choice of mate. But they have taken their displeasure to a level of petty and spitefulness that I will never understand.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I find his parents quite perplexing, always have considering how close they were. Many parents aren't pleased with their kids' choice of mate. But they have taken their displeasure to a level of petty and spitefulness that I will never understand.

What gets me is that they had the nerve to be upset that Kobe didn't get them a bigger house and not just a main house a vacation home they probably couldn't afford themselves for upkeep etc. I mean its a gift and you make demands all at the same time you voice your displeasure for his wife. Seems real ungrateful.

I get that they don't care for their DIL but I would think they loved their son and grandkids enough to want to be a part of their lives. Guess not.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I don't think his sisters were there either. Sad stuff.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Air From Kobe Bryant’s Last Game Hits eBay

Quote:
Update: April 16, 9:22 p.m. PST

The auction for the bag of air that is pictured second in this post is still going on eBay and the bidding just eclipsed a ridiculous $15,000. This is getting out of hand.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/04/16/lakers-air-from-kobe-bryants-last-game-hits-ebay/

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/bag-of-air-kobe-bryant-breathed-probably-fake-but-people-bid-actually
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33
Jump to: