View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Fallout wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Jesus Christ...Punisher is ruthless. Episode 9...Lawd have mercy.

He needs his own series. Instead we are getting Luke Cage and Iron Fist series. Netflix getting the B team ready.

But season 2 so far is great.

Punisher is getting his own series.

Sweet.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I binged House of Cards Season 4 and needed a break before starting Daredevil Season 2.....

WOW is all I can say. Much better than Season 1 and Season 1 was pretty good.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

Just finished season 2.

Oh my goodness I am so hyped!!!

It was just thoroughly well done! Even the Luke Cage trailer got me excited man. Unreal show
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I had to give up on the show after episode 4 of season 2. That cliché kissing in the rain scene and then the line "can I buy you dinner tomorrow" was the final straw. The weak soap opera writing reminds me of Smallville. That being said, I agree with everyone here that Jon Bernthal did a great job as the Punisher. Brilliant casting choice.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Chris get back into it! The relationship drama can be annoying, but it's small enough that you can ignore it

If you like the Punisher arc you won't be disappointed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
I had to give up on the show after episode 4 of season 2. That cliché kissing in the rain scene and then the line "can I buy you dinner tomorrow" was the final straw. The weak soap opera writing reminds me of Smallville. That being said, I agree with everyone here that Jon Bernthal did a great job as the Punisher. Brilliant casting choice.

It actually gets better after Episode 4, don't give up man.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

I knew Bernthal was a great casting choice the minute I heard it. It totally lived up to the hype too, phenomenal job and I can't imagine anyone else playing it. Even the cheesy scenes were done well by him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
I knew Bernthal was a great casting choice the minute I heard it. It totally lived up to the hype too, phenomenal job and I can't imagine anyone else playing it. Even the cheesy scenes were done well by him.

Agreed! Perfect blend of New Yorker, Marine, & father
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I finished the season the weekend it came out and thought it was a strong season overall with large part due to Bernthal's portrayal of Punisher, but I felt that the story just got out of hand when they decided to start introducing things like "Zombie-like kids" it was a cool moment with them taking over the hospital, but (bleep) it just came out of nowhere. And also, the whole Elektra plotline lost me, like why is she so important? What in the flying (bleep) is Black Sky? Why do the Hand think Black Sky will make them some sort of invincible force/organization? The flashbacks with Stick did very little to explain this, unless I missed something. I feel like that whole plot line which took most of the last two episodes could have been done a whole lot better. I also felt little connection to the character Elektra (at least compared to what I felt for The Punisher), thought although she was nice to look at, the casting could have been better.

I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know if this is supposed to be a recurring theme, but I also wish they left the Foggy drama behind in season 01. It's the least enjoyable part of the show for me. It's like (bleep) it Matt, why do you gotta be a (bleep) friend? But at the same time, (bleep) it Foggy, Matt is saving lives.

I rate the season a solid 8.5/10. An upgrade over season 01. Season 01 had better action scenes, there wasn't an action season in this season that I felt was as good as the fight scene in season 01 episode 02, with that one long shot in the hallway - the closest thing that got to it was Frank Castle destroying those prison inmates sent by Kingpin. But the overall pacing and story - minus the end of the Elektra plotline were overall better.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Loved this season, loved Elektra and specially Punisher. Story kinda lost me tbh, and I know the universe. We still don't know what the deal was with the zombie kids and the huge hole in the ground. I know the universe but will they even clear these things up on the show? We'll see. Also how did Frank Castle knew Karen went to the Blacksmith's home? Did he just follow her like a stalker? And then did he hear the conversation between her and the Blacksmith? And how? Some head-scratchers here and there definitely.

Amazing fight scenes like always. But sometimes I just saw guys from the Hand standing around waiting for Elektra to kick them.

Overall 9/10, Punisher makes it a 10/10. I love this stuff.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Loved this season, loved Elektra and specially Punisher. Story kinda lost me tbh, and I know the universe. We still don't know what the deal was with the zombie kids and the huge hole in the ground. I know the universe but will they even clear these things up on the show? We'll see. Also how did Frank Castle knew Karen went to the Blacksmith's home? Did he just follow her like a stalker? And then did he hear the conversation between her and the Blacksmith? And how? Some head-scratchers here and there definitely.

Amazing fight scenes like always. But sometimes I just saw guys from the Hand standing around waiting for Elektra to kick them.

I think Castle figured out who it was when one of the henchman said "Good to see you again Castle" before they started shooting. He had that token "look of realizing something important related to the plot" before the place exploded. So maybe he was loitering outside watching when he saw her show up, so he put that cd in her car or something?

Scratching my head along with you to those other points though.

I thought Daredevil and Elektra should have been more cautious after they both got poisoned already by the weapons of the ninjas. I thought they would take some sort of precaution before going, lets say, by themselves to fight them. If they get hit again they don't have Stick to macgyver up a cure, or are they immune after surviving it one time? Because I would say the odds of getting at least nicked in the middle of a fight with that many swords and shurikens flying around.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I think Castle figured out who it was when one of the henchman said "Good to see you again Castle" before they started shooting. He had that token "look of realizing something important related to the plot" before the place exploded. So maybe he was loitering outside watching when he saw her show up, so he put that cd in her car or something?

I thought Daredevil and Elektra should have been more cautious after they both got poisoned already by the weapons of the ninjas. I thought they would take some sort of precaution before going, lets say, by themselves to fight them. If they get hit again they don't have Stick to macgyver up a cure, or are they immune after surviving it one time? Because I would say the odds of getting at least nicked in the middle of a fight with that many swords and shurikens flying around.

Gotta watch that scene again. Maybe a missed something in the dialogue. Definitely didn't connect the dots at the time and neither did two other people who were watching the show with me.

Doubt they were immune. They were definitely not cautious right?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I finally got in to this show. Very entertaining. I have never been much of a Marvel, or comic book universe fan, but I think I will start watching more of these now. I read there is a spin off in the works for The Punisher.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

There is. The defenders will essentially be street level avengers. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Gotta watch that scene again. Maybe a missed something in the dialogue. Definitely didn't connect the dots at the time and neither did two other people who were watching the show with me.

Doubt they were immune. They were definitely not cautious right?

If you guys pin down the episode and around when it happened, can you post it here? I want to rewatch that part again. I missed it too and it was a question I had but didn't bother really concern myself with.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Is there a season 3 in the works. If so when does it premiere?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is there a season 3 in the works. If so when does it premiere?

There's conflicting reports about there being a third season. As of know, though, I think the attention is producing shows for Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
There is. The defenders will essentially be street level avengers. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher

It would have been interesting to see the show with the original Defenders. Hulk, Dr. Strange, Sub-Mariner, and eventually Silver Surfer. There wouldn't be much fighting though because what street level villains would really mess with them?

I don't even have Netflix but it looks like they have quite a number of interesting original content to view. For those that have it, which plan are you on?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
22 wrote:

It would have been interesting to see the show with the original Defenders. Hulk, Dr. Strange, Sub-Mariner, and eventually Silver Surfer. There wouldn't be much fighting though because what street level villains would really mess with them?

I don't even have Netflix but it looks like they have quite a number of interesting original content to view. For those that have it, which plan are you on?

Just the mere fact that you know who the original defenders are means you would enjoy the new stuff marvel has out on there.

We just have the basic plan at my house and it suits us well. I would say buy it for a month and watch some shows and see it it's worth it it'll only cost you like $12 to try. Or it'll be absolutely free so long as you remember to cancel before your trial ends. I got rid of cable to I save about $150/month. It's worth it to me for sure
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
22 wrote:

I have the $10 streaming plan. 2 Devices can watch at the same time, and HD video (no ultra HD). I really don't use it much until a Netflix original drops a new season and then I binge watch it.

Bloodlines
House of Cards
Stranger Things
Making a Murderer
Orange is the New Black
Daredevil
Narcos
Master of None
Adam Sandler - 4 movie exclusive deal. (2 released, 2 upcoming)

Lots of content to catch up on if you have never had Netflix. Depending on your finances, and if you will actually have the time to watch the shows, I think it is worth it. There are also some older shows on there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

BUMP;

Last couple of days, the heat is on in LA so I kinda been kicking back. I have Netflix, I seldom watch it. I binged on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Like both shows. Super hero's who bleed. Like Daredevil

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I tried JJ season 2 and I was bored to tears without the David Tennant plot. I don't think I'll bother with Luke Cage either since the first season wasn't that great, and it was almost entirely unconnected to the other Marvel characters.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

JJ season 1 was amazing. maybe the best villain ever.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

JJ is a drunken promiscuous woman. She drops her laundry for anybody on a whim. There's a Marvel on Netflix that features all of them. What's it titled?

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I tried JJ season 2 and I was bored to tears without the David Tennant plot. I don't think I'll bother with Luke Cage either since the first season wasn't that great, and it was almost entirely unconnected to the other Marvel characters.

Luke Cage season 2 is faaaaar more connected

and Jodeke it's called Defenders haha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: