*OFFICIAL* 2016 NBA Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
If Tyler Ulis is there at #32, I'm taking him. I don't care if he's 3 feet tall.

Controls the floor well. Finally showed some consistency from range today. He was always better than the Harrison twins.

I do think there are better options in an otherwise, sub-par/average draft with average depth.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Really liked what I've seen from Jamal Murray, but was disappointed when I looked up his measureables. Only 6'4/6'6. Good vert tho. I think he's the best NBA prospect on that team right now, a little ahead of Skal. DX has him at 7 right now IIRC.

RE Skal: He never looked overly impressive to me coming into the year from whatever HS videos I watched, at least not enough to be number 1. He definitely has some offensive skills and some really nice touch around the rim, but he looks like he has absolutely no feel for how to get boards or how to play defense. Don't really like him as a prospect at all right now. Hopefully he can pick it up going forward, or else he might start approaching Harrison twin territory
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

^That's the only reason why I'm down on Murray. I really really like the way he plays. It's rare to see a bad shot out of that guy.

But that average wingspan (at best)? It's crazy what guys that are all physical tools and little IQ can have so much affect on the game. Even Luke Walton only had a 6'8" wingspan, and I think it hurt his effectiveness on the floor.

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^That's the only reason why I'm down on Murray. I really really like the way he plays. It's rare to see a bad shot out of that guy.

But that average wingspan (at best)? It's crazy what guys that are all physical tools and little IQ can have so much affect on the game. Even Luke Walton only had a 6'8" wingspan, and I think it hurt his effectiveness on the floor.

Dx has him listed as a PG/SG, but I don't think he has the handles/quicks to be a 1 full time. The measurements wouldn't be nearly as much of a concern at PG, but I think he projects to be more of a playmaking 2.

I admittedly have only seen two full games (today against Louisville and Duke) plus some highlights, and I haven't yet seen his lack of length come in to play in any tangible way, but in the NBA, I think it's a big deal. Especially if he's playing the 2 where he'd already be a little undersized.

But yeah if he had even a 6-9/6-10 wingspan I'd rate him over Brown/Bender and slightly behind Dunn.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
If Tyler Ulis is there at #32, I'm taking him. I don't care if he's 3 feet tall.

Love ulis. he's just a baller
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Another 30 point outing for Kahlil Felder. Oakland was actually leading #5 Virginia at the half.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Buddy Hield, is he another Jodie Meeks?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I think at this point Ingram should be top on the Lakers board, this kid looks great to me, honestly. Looks like Durant-lite, and he's already showing more playmaking abilities than Durant did in his freshman year.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Another 30 point outing for Kahlil Felder. Oakland was actually leading #5 Virginia at the half.

I'm a huge Kay Felder fan. He's high on my list at the #32 pick as a pesky JJ Barea instant offense, change of pace type.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I'm going to put it out there - Murray reminds me of Nik Stauskus. I actually liked Stauskus as a prospect, and his collapse as a shooter is hugely disappointing. If Murray can develop as a savvy shooter with secondary playmaking skills, he's a solid lottery pick around #7-10.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject:

would love baby GP with the 2nd round pick.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

I've been overlooking jaylen brown due to early reports. All young guys don't get it right away and it seemed like he has turned it on. I'm going to start watching cal gamesand see for myself.
alhambra_zach
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

Either pick would be a good choice as long as we keep the pick and its 1 or 2. Simmons allows the team to have another ball handler play maker. which will allow current players to play off ball. If you watch LSU games now he draw so much attention in the post because of his size advantage on other sf that would be similar in the here. If opposing team switch that would create a mismatch for Julius to drive or post opposing side of court on some swing action. Whatever the scheme Simmons as a knack for finding the open man.

Ingram on the other hand is a go to scorer waiting to happen, he has a smooth shooting stroke and a stop and pop game that is very reminiscent of KD.

Whatever the result we will need a creative coach that will devise a game plan that prioritizes ball movement and smart basketball plays. instead of some old school out of date system from an ivy league school.

plus we need a coach that would start dLo, clarkson, draft pick, randle, and LDN7. I actually think that lineup would be effective on both ends of the floor. It would be more effective with simmons on the defensive side. Conversely with ingram it would be more effective on the offensive side of the floor.

forget veterans and let the young core develop chemistry together.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
would love baby GP with the 2nd round pick.

Ditto. I hope Mitch finds a way to get him.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Leaning towards wanting Brandon Ingram if the Lakers have a top three pick. Last two weeks, we've watched a lot of college ball while I've been getting past the flu. This kid is reed thin but his game seems the class of the college pool. Few mistakes. In the right place so often; maybe I'm projecting a little too much Jamaal Wilkes into him, but his length, feel, mobility, hands and speed all look top drawer for a pure small forward. I think he'd help this club more than anyone else in the draft.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

2nd round list:

Taurean Prince
Justin Jackson
Isaiah Taylor
Devin Robinson
Gary Payton II
Wayne Selden
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

jameel warney with a second rounder anyone? bueller? lookin like the box score champ this season. next contestant in the draft-a-draymond sweepstakes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

anyone thoughts on Gary Payton II
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Saw Cal's Jaylen Brown in both games last week and came away impressed with his all-around potential. Good bounce, strong body, a decent jumper and what appears good length for 6'7" in shoes. Seems to coast or rest, but when he put it in gear, he was spectacular. Decent college defender.

I may be a little PAC-12 myopic with regard to his worth in the draft, but this freshman seems to have something along the lines of this year's Justise Winslow.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Saw Cal's Jaylen Brown in both games last week and came away impressed with his all-around potential. Good bounce, strong body, a decent jumper and what appears good length for 6'7" in shoes. Seems to coast or rest, but when he put it in gear, he was spectacular. Decent college defender.

I may be a little PAC-12 myopic with regard to his worth in the draft, but this freshman seems to have something along the lines of this year's Justise Winslow.

this is what's disappointing and separates Winslow from him.. If he had a motor close to Winslow's id overlook his below average jumper and draft him in a heartbeat.. He still may be the guy to take at #3
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
70sdude wrote:

this is what's disappointing and separates Winslow from him.. If he had a motor close to Winslow's id overlook his below average jumper and draft him in a heartbeat.. He still may be the guy to take at #3

With motor... he could be better than Ingram.

Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Brown will always have more everything then brown, and proven to be a shooter. Much more length and added the weight.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Just saw this.
I don't think that's a crazy statement, but I disagree. I think with a jumper and motor, yes. He was mine and a few people's #2 before the season based on those two facets being sufficient.
You might have had him #2 for a second too didn't you?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Just saw this.
I don't think that's a crazy statement, but I disagree. I think with a jumper and motor, yes. He was mine and a few people's #2 before the season based on those two facets being sufficient.
You might have had him #2 for a second too didn't you?

I don't recall if I had Jaylen at #2. The only reason why I said what I did, is because he handles general contact much better than Ingram. He looks like he has MWP strength and just so happens to be explosive.

Ingram doesn't have that.

Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject:

Ingram is younger and added weight already. Spacing matters more each year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: