OFFICIAL Class of 2015 Okafor/Mudiay/non-DLO Rookies Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't add any advanced stats. Just the simple box score stats.

FG% is worth tracking with the huge usage the other guys get.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, usage, eFG%, true shooting %, defensive metrics would help but I'm not savvy enough to put them all together. Wanna help Fiend?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, usage, eFG%, true shooting %, defensive metrics would help but I'm not savvy enough to put them all together. Wanna help Fiend?

I'll post more extensive numbers at the end of the week when everyone should have played 5 games or so.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'll post more extensive numbers at the end of the week when everyone should have played 5 games or so.

Wait, you can't determine their career in just 3 games? For REAL????
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here ya go. (H/T GT for finding this page)

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/stats/2016/Averages/All/minutes/All/desc/1/Regular_Season?rookies=

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/stats/2016/Per_36/All/minutes/All/desc/1/Regular_Season?rookies=

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/stats/2016/Advanced_Stats/All/minutes/All/desc/1/Regular_Season?rookies=
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
D'angelo Russell is a tall version of Steve Nash in 5 years. I am clueless at how you cant see it. His skill set is to get the ball to a man who is in scoring position. That is a skill that very little PGs have. Add that with Westbrook in 2 years, if he comes, you would have a threat to the GSW backcourt.

Lakers just need a coach who knows how to coach.

I agree with a Nash comparison. I can see it. But Nash was just so much more of a deadly shooter, and could actually make shots on the fly, leaning one way or another.

Honestly want Russell to learn from Nash.

I wish we could have hired Nash as a special assistant for Russel to shadow and learn from.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Wait, you can't determine their career in just 3 games? For REAL????

I'm kind of ashamed of myself for even participating in this silliness, tbh. But Mudiay's 3.9 PER is too good to pass up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Amongst rookie PGs, Huertas has the highest PER of 11.3. DLO at 7.3 and yes, Mudiay at 3.9.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Amongst rookie PGs, Huertas has the highest PER of 11.3. DLO at 7.3 and yes, Mudiay at 3.9.

Huertas future All Star!

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL Class of 2015 Okafor/Mudiay/non-DLO Rookies Discussion

yinoma2001 wrote:
So here's a place to discuss the success/failures of your favorite non-DLO players like Okafor, Towns (mine), Mudiay, Stanley Johnson, etc.

As of today:

Okafor: 26ppg
Mudiay: 17ppg
Devin Booker: 14ppg
KAT: 14ppg
Krispy: 13ppg
Hezonja: 11ppg

Discuss.

Not sure the point of talking about PPG after a game or two. After his second game, KAT's average jumped to 21 ppg, and Okafor's went down to 21 ppg.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Sixers leading the Cavs at halftime by 5

Jah with 14 points in 14 minutes on 6-11 shooting, only 1 rebound though. Also 3 fouls
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Okafor looking damn good with the ball in his hands. Getting his Eddy Curry on overall though.
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

first time watching okafor this season, he's actually pretty smooth
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject:

https://vine.co/v/e32FWiHU0KP
young zingy outchea tho
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

wow I'm much more impressed by Okafor than I was expecting to be. The guy is a great post scorer, he's punishing the Cavs bigs and making it look automatic. Did not expect this after his SL performance
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Been really impressed with Porzingis' rebounding. I don't think he has potential to be a guy that you give the ball to when you want a bucket, but he looks like a solid player overall.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Porzingis needs a few years but he has the tools to be an all around good player, not just good in one area and really weak in others like many of his skill tend to be (A weakness on D/rebounding).

Okafor OTOH, while having great nights on O for a rookie, is seemingly having trouble grabbing boards and defending.

In general though, seems like a solid draft for bigs - Towns, Okafor, Porzingis, WCS. You don't usually get that many good big guys in a draft and it's not even considered so be as strong a draft as the 2014 draft (Which so far hasn't lived up to the hype).

With Drummond developing nicely in Detroit, and of course Anthony Davis - it seems like the league will have some really quality young big guys - which is refreshing to see for me. I'd love for some of these stud big guys to be paired with a stud guard who can draw the D attention and make even more plays for them, but it looks like many of these bigs will rot on bad/mediocre teams for the immediate future.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Porzingis needs a few years but he has the tools to be an all around good player, not just good in one area and really weak in others like many of his skill tend to be (A weakness on D/rebounding).

Okafor OTOH, while having great nights on O for a rookie, is seemingly having trouble grabbing boards and defending.

In general though, seems like a solid draft for bigs - Towns, Okafor, Porzingis, WCS. You don't usually get that many good big guys in a draft and it's not even considered so be as strong a draft as the 2014 draft (Which so far hasn't lived up to the hype).

Ya, I've been impressed with Porzingis' all around game. He contributes in a few different areas and gets his opportunities in the flow of the game. Okafor looks like Eddy Curry. Very impressive isolation player, but that doesn't translate into a lot of team points, and he's really bad at just about everything else.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Ya, I've been impressed with Porzingis' all around game. He contributes in a few different areas and gets his opportunities in the flow of the game. Okafor looks like Eddy Curry. Very impressive isolation player, but that doesn't translate into a lot of team points, and he's really bad at just about everything else.

He had a 13 point/14rebound/3steal/2 block game against the San Antonnio front line. Shot the ball like crap but still...not bad for a 3rd game.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject:

Porzingis should primarily be a scorer. It should be his bread and butter. He should be unstoppable and unguardable. He should be a franchise player. It's what I expect from him, its why I wanted us to draft him. I know he can do other things as well but that was to be expected. His niche however should not be of an all around player. He should dominate games by scoring. I guess that will come with time. Maybe its unrealistic to expect him to average 20 ppg in his first season but he"ll get there.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject:

Some numbers for the rookies so far.

(Top lotto picks)
Towns 17.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.3 bpg PER 21
Okafor 20 ppg 5.3 rpg PER 16
Russell 9 ppg 1.7 apg PER 7
Porzingis 11.8 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 1.3 spg PER 17
Mudiay 12.7 ppg 5.3 apg PER 3.8
WCS 9.0 ppg 6.7 rpg 1.3 bpg 1.3 spg PER 23
Winslow 5.7 ppg 4.7 rpg PER 10
Hezonja 4.7 ppg PER <1

Others rounding out - Top 10 - in scoring - impressive rookies
Turner (IND) 9.0 ppg PER 15 - Solid for a 14th pick in the draft
Grant (NYK) 8.5 ppg 3.8 apg PER 16 - Looks like NY's best PG already, good pick for a 1st rounder in the 20's by Phil.
Johnson (DET) 8.3 ppg 4.3 rpg PER 14 - Gritty player, NBA ready physical tools.

To me the glaring thing is the PER, how bad some of these guys are producing for the minutes they play. It seems many teams are giving them major minutes without caring if they truly deserve them. It seems only Towns, Porzingis and Okafor are legit starters in the league right away (Towns even better than a starter, he seems ready to be a star right away) While I'm no big fan of PER as a stat, it does show how some are overreacting to Russell's start in comparison with Mudiay. Mudiay's athleticism and ability are impressive but his actual overall level isn't of a starting PG even yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Some numbers for the rookies so far.

(Top lotto picks)
Towns 17.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.3 bpg PER 21
Okafor 20 ppg 5.3 rpg PER 16
Russell 9 ppg 1.7 apg PER 7
Porzingis 11.8 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 1.3 spg PER 17
Mudiay 12.7 ppg 5.3 apg PER 3.8
WCS 9.0 ppg 6.7 rpg 1.3 bpg 1.3 spg PER 23
Winslow 5.7 ppg 4.7 rpg PER 10
Hezonja 4.7 ppg PER <1

Others rounding out - Top 10 - in scoring - impressive rookies
Turner (IND) 9.0 ppg PER 15 - Solid for a 14th pick in the draft
Grant (NYK) 8.5 ppg 3.8 apg PER 16 - Looks like NY's best PG already, good pick for a 1st rounder in the 20's by Phil.
Johnson (DET) 8.3 ppg 4.3 rpg PER 14 - Gritty player, NBA ready physical tools.

To me the glaring thing is the PER, how bad some of these guys are producing for the minutes they play. It seems many teams are giving them major minutes without caring if they truly deserve them. It seems only Towns, Porzingis and Okafor are legit starters in the league right away (Towns even better than a starter, he seems ready to be a star right away) While I'm no big fan of PER as a stat, it does show how some are overreacting to Russell's start in comparison with Mudiay. Mudiay's athleticism and ability are impressive but his actual overall level isn't of a starting PG even yet.

The bigs have been faring better so far while the point guards have all been a work in progress. That's usually the case
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

Towns looks like a star.
Porzingis looks like he could be a star.
Okafor is one-dimensional and it's doubtful that he'll be able to contribute on a great team, although I suppose anything is possible.
Mudiay looks great in some moments but too many turnovers so far to have a good PER.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

Okafor starting to own at the tender age of 19.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
Towns looks like a star.
Porzingis looks like he could be a star.
Okafor is one-dimensional and it's doubtful that he'll be able to contribute on a great team, although I suppose anything is possible.
Mudiay looks great in some moments but too many turnovers so far to have a good PER.

Mudiay is just a bigger drive and dish point guard, I don't really like his skillset, a lot of identical looking players in this league.

Porzingis and Towns are miles above everyone else in term of potential and ability.

Okafor is a GREAT natural scorer in the post. He's got touch and mobility that you can't teach, better now as a post scorer than Dwight ever was. He's already getting doubled on the awful philly squad and still getting his. Between him, Noel, and Embiid if he gets back, that philly frontcourt is gonna be fun to watch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 3 of 91
Jump to: