It's Showtime: Balance vs. Brock!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be proven right tomorrow, and who will recede into the shadows never to show their face again? Ladies and Gentlemen, who is the REAL insider?
Brock
36%
 36%  [ 35 ]
Balance
26%
 26%  [ 25 ]
Both are fake and I can't believe you people have been drooling over their info like dogs!
37%
 37%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 96

b00ndock
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: It's Showtime: Balance vs. Brock!

So who's the real insider?

First off, I'd like to thank Balance and Brock for their bits and pieces of info that they've been supplying us with over the past couple days. I just wanted to pose this question because, hey, why not? Even if one or the other, or both for that matter, are fake, it was fun while it lasted. At least they didn't come off as arrogant and the like. It's entirely possible that Balance is the real deal, or Brock is actually the man with the blueprint for Laker success...or not. But its time to hold them to their words. Either way, tomorrow someone (or both) will be proven right or wrong.

I don't have the time to do this, but if someone can, can we get a list of "guarantees" that either has made where they said so and so will go down tomorrow. For example, I know that someone said there is no Bender trade, while the other said there is. That info would be very insightful tomorrow evening when all will hopefully be sorted out. Well, it's round 12 and someones goin' down. (I know this sounds corny but, whatever...)

DING DING DING!!

*Lionel and Emplay are already proven*
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject:

My take - both are legit but Balance is getting his info second-hand - Brock is closer to the situation. Not everything they say is law - but enough passes the smell test that I consider them interesting sources of information.

If this thread takes ANY turn for the worse - it will be locked. We want to encourage both Blanace and Brock to post here. Let the reader decide for themselves - and not chase either away.
b00ndock
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject:

Fair enough. I didn't mean to start this thread to bash either one. Feel free to lock any time if it gets outta hand.

I should've put that as an option...:

Option 4- Both Brock and Balance are legit sources of information.

Last edited by b00ndock on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
furious
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject:

I say Lakers wind up picking up at 10, 37 and 39 nothing else until Late July will happen for them.

At 10 I hope they take Jack or Bynum.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject:

The truth will come out one way or the other tomorrow and in the days to follow........

I think it's very important for people to realize that when something is mentioned today.......a change in opinions or choices can occur tomorrow.......That does not make anyone quilty......

You should have had a button for both are cool.......

The truth whatever it will be is coming.I sure hope for good news......Whatever it will be.......
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject:

Haha, are you *trying* to get banned for setting up this grude-match style poll? Alright well I haven't even answered it, so no idea what the numbers say but I suppose I'll hunch on Balance since I've read him more. Still, kinda Mortal Kombat style ain't it?

Soda
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject:

they are both great posters that contribute here, and both of them are "real" insiders, and they have sources. i believe everything they say came from either tha lakers management, or from a second hand source. i didnt vote because i dont want to prevent them from posting more (like emplay said). lets just wait a few hours (a whole night for me), we should wait and see.
c728
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject:

b00ndock wrote:
Fair enough. I didn't mean to start this thread to bash either one.

Sure. That's why you put what you did for your 3rd option.
Shakless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject:

I believe we will draft in the lottery at today?
gordon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject:

Whether it's true or now, lucky guesses tomorrow or really insider information, i really enjoyed reading the news and the discussions that came from it.

I think most know to take things they read on the internet with a grain of salt. What everyone is here for is discussion, and both posters have given us great discussion threads. That's enough for me. I don't care who's right, and I don't think they are doing this to be "right" as well, just trying to get everyone's take on what the organization is doing.
HRE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject:

Have these two offered conflicting information or what?
LA Golden Eagle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject:

I vote for both.
The more information we get, especially from multipule sources, the better we can make up our own minds and decide what is real. Never shoot the messanger!
NoHarmNoFoul
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject:

if emplay semi-vouhes for them, that's enough for me

Who will you aim your irrational anger at then?"
-PopcornMachine
aastyle87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject:

I think the trade rumor Brock and Emplay (in his article) mentioned about the Lakers possibly trading up to the 6 with Portland (after they trade with Utah) is a really good possibility. I would rather this happen than us possibly trading Caron to get the 3rd from Portland and get GREEN at 3 rather than GREEN at 6...

*IN EMPLAY WE TRUST*
cerron
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject:

I think this (and several other threads) are bogus altogether. Just because something that someone says doesn't work out ultimately doesn't mean it wasn't true at the time. Fine some folks in here simply make stuff up. Other times folks pass along good tidbits that they get from insiders or from other sources (i.e., I was at a club the other night and guess who walked in....) Too many people in here are ready to point fingers and nail someone to a wall because something someone says doesn't work out. Are folks that bored? Or just that unappreciative of individuals passing along information? If you don't believe someone and what they post, here comes a novel concept, don't read their threads. Bet that thought hasn't crossed a couple of minds, has it? Appreciate the information on or don't, that's your choice, but don't run around here trying to bash everyone that puts forth a little information. I'm not specifically directing this at b00ndock or anyone else, but I've seen a good amount of folks acting this way the closer we get to the draft. Since some trades or moves wouldn't be able to be consumated anywhere from a day or two after the draft to weeks afterwards, is anyone going to start a thread then stating, "Hey, I was wrong for calling out <Insert Name> and ultimately they were right and I was a Jerkoff"? No, of course not. Don't ruin it for those of us that enjoy reading the information that is passed along and are actually able to decide for ourselves whose posts we want to read and whose we don't.

My rant has concluded. Thank you. 8)
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Balance for proving me right!
lakozzz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject:

balanced was closer in my opinion
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject:

A bunch a bull from both of em
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: