SPL Game 2. LAL 97, DAL 69
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
If I remember correctly, the same was said about Wafer. Matter of fact, everyone thought he should be our starting point guard, based on his play in the spl. I'll wait and see how training camp and preseason goes before I jump on the Farmar bandwagon, although I would love it if he is the next sam cassell. It would be great for our team!

Reasonable to wait. I will point out, however, that Farmar's pedigree in terms of what he's accomplished on the court in his young career is much better than anything Wafer has done. Both guys are full of potential, but Farmar has far more realized potential. He's always been a winner, is a born leader - you should see him active in huddles, on the court - plus, he has that b-ball IQ that is really starting to shock me at how much he has it. I mean, does this kid really "get it" that easily?

That's why is not such a stretch to imagine Farmar earning minutes during the real season. It's nice to see another "leader" out there on the court.
MntnLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

One think about Farmar, he won't back down from anybody. If he plays next year I'm sure we will see him directing Kobe even. Farmar believes 100% that he is the director of the team and will not be shy about telling people if they are not in the right spots. It may be a good thing to have someone on the team willing to stand up to Kobe, but there may be some friction there as well.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

MntnLaker wrote:
One think about Farmar, he won't back down from anybody. If he plays next year I'm sure we will see him directing Kobe even. Farmar believes 100% that he is the director of the team and will not be shy about telling people if they are not in the right spots. It may be a good thing to have someone on the team willing to stand up to Kobe, but there may be some friction there as well.

MtntnLaker,

I think that is a good thing and I think Kobe would LOVE a player with some toughness and grit. Farmar seems like a 100% winner to me and I believe he will eventually replace Smush (unless Smush learns how to run the offense a lot better).

Farmar from the few video clips I've seen and from the various reports I've read looks like he could very well start for the Lakers. He has thus far (it is only 2 games) run the triangle much better than Smush did last year in the summer pro league --and Smush ended up starting for the Lakers for the entire year! I am by no means down on Smush--but anytime we can upgrade this team I am all for it. Forget about not playing rookies! Whoever runs this team the best (between Smush, Farmar, Wiliams etc..) should start IMO. Phil probably feels otherwise--but that is why he gets paid the big bucks. If Farmar ever develops a nice 17-20 foot outside shot--he is going to be money for the Lakers.
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
LakersPlayoffBound wrote:
Hey Mike. Here's my video contribution...

SPL - 7/9/06 Sunday - Lakers/Mavericks

1st Half - http://rapidshare.de/files/25417031/SPL-070906-1stHalf.mpg.html

2nd Half - http://rapidshare.de/files/25423370/SPL-070906-2ndHalf.mpg.html

===============================================

SPL - 7/8/06 Saturday - Lakers/Grizzlies

1st Half - http://rapidshare.de/files/25338145/SPL-070806-1stHalf.mpg.html

2nd Half - http://rapidshare.de/files/25340891/SPL-070806-2ndHalf.mpg.html

THANKS!!!
From me as well!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:
rchanou wrote:
Mike,

I was wondering if you have heard or seen anything about players adjusting to the new NBA ball?

Thanks.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really understand your response. It was just a simple question. It's a different ball made out of microfiber. I was just curious.

Don't pay any attention to him. Not many people do. He just goes through threads to target someone so he can make some bonehead one-liner about them. Has nothing at all to contribute to this forum.
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject:

To whomever posted the videos o/f both summer league games, thanks a bunch; coupled with Mike's and DB's report it was enough to whet my appetite and I hope the young guys continue to impresss and improve. I want the Lakers to finally have some talent, rather than wishing we could steal some.

Anyways, this is probably due to the fact that I have seen too much of Shaq's dunk and explosiveness, but this question would probably be best answered by Mike since he has the knowledge on such things. I am speaking of the clips I saw of Bynum dunking, and also from Popcornmachine's pictures, but does it seem like he doesn't get up high enough or is simply throwing the ball into the hoop whenever he goes up for a dunk? It just doesnt seem fluid to me, its like he's about to get "hanged" if I may use the term. Maybe I'm tripping?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
but does it seem like he doesn't get up high enough or is simply throwing the ball into the hoop whenever he goes up for a dunk? It just doesnt seem fluid to me, its like he's about to get "hanged" if I may use the term. Maybe I'm tripping?

He gets, just high enough.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
but does it seem like he doesn't get up high enough or is simply throwing the ball into the hoop whenever he goes up for a dunk? It just doesnt seem fluid to me, its like he's about to get "hanged" if I may use the term. Maybe I'm tripping?

He gets, just high enough.

So then I was trippin' alright thanks.
Billy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

Did the Lakers play game 3 yesterday?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: