Draft Day Poll

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Lakers move up in the draft?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 49 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 87

In the paint
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Draft Day Poll

We are only a few days from the draft so it is time to make our prediction about what Mitch and Phil will do?
In the paint
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject:

If the answer is yes, then who will be selected, Green, Paul, or Deron Williams?
edvlzqz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:

I say Green. Mitch claimed that the draft player would not play significant minutes, so why not develop a potential star, and go after a pg with MLE. Perhaps, a C or PF can be included in a package. Magloire?

Bottom line, I just want the lakers to improve so whether it draft or trade, so be it.
The Nugget
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject:

With all this speculation... Something has to be true. :roll:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OPMSm0k3r
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject:

The Nugget wrote:
With all this speculation... Something has to be true. :roll:

Very optimistic outlook. Going out on a limb eh?
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject:

edvlzqz wrote:
I say Green. Mitch claimed that the draft player would not play significant minutes, so why not develop a potential star, and go after a pg with MLE. Perhaps, a C or PF can be included in a package. Magloire?

Bottom line, I just want the lakers to improve so whether it draft or trade, so be it.

Between Paul, Green and Deron - I have a (slight) leaning towards Paul myself - but if you want my hunch on who they're likely to take, I think it's Deron. Green second, based solely on who I think Mitch/Phil decide to take.

Deron's stock has shot up massively lately, and some are even putting him above Paul as the first PG. Green MAY end up better, but even that is a gamble. Deron and (especially) Paul are going to be very solid, and most likely star-quality players in this leauge.

I know it's pipe, or at least relatively so - but I have heard a few reports mention that Deron's stock has risen so much, and that he has (in particular) impressed the Hawks. They happen to need a point, so while it's unlikely - if Bogut goes 1, and Deron goes 2 based on those reports....

I'd take Marvin over anyone in the draft, whether or not we have a glut of SFs already. You can't speak in certainties, because these guys ARE (and always are) prospects for a reason - but your most *likely* best player of the draft, when it's all said and done - is still Marvin.

Soda
BonecoLLectoR
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject:

i dont think that we will move up in the draft,because the price will be to high.to get 3rdpick,we must give butler+10(at least). To get 4th pick,we must give 4+17(?)+more. to get the fifth pick-which can be realistic for both teams- we must give caron... so,we shouldn't be surprised if we don't move up in the draft.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject:

BonecoLLectoR wrote:
i dont think that we will move up in the draft,because the price will be to high.to get 3rdpick,we must give butler+10(at least). To get 4th pick,we must give 4+17(?)+more. to get the fifth pick-which can be realistic for both teams- we must give caron... so,we shouldn't be surprised if we don't move up in the draft.

Not so sure I have a problem with Caron + 10 for the 3rd pick, ESPECIALLY if by some off chance Marvin was there at #3. I mean when you consider than Caron and Mavin are both natural 3s, you know Marvin has the upside to be an all-star 3, and probably worst-case ends up just as good as Caron.

I'd actually go for that even if it was to take Paul/D.Williams/Green probably, especially the former two considering our needs (and that I feel those three are similar in level of prospect value) - I probably give Paul a slight edge there.

Still I'd be curious - feed me back here posters, Caron + 10 for the 3rd pick?

From other discussion threads I'm pretty sure most on here agree that's worthwhile.

Soda
In the paint
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
BonecoLLectoR wrote:

Not so sure I have a problem with Caron + 10 for the 3rd pick, ESPECIALLY if by some off chance Marvin was there at #3. I mean when you consider than Caron and Mavin are both natural 3s, you know Marvin has the upside to be an all-star 3, and probably worst-case ends up just as good as Caron.

I'd actually go for that even if it was to take Paul/D.Williams/Green probably, especially the former two considering our needs (and that I feel those three are similar in level of prospect value) - I probably give Paul a slight edge there.

From other discussion threads I'm pretty sure most on here agree that's worthwhile.

Soda

I think the preference is Caron plus the 17th assuming the Bender deal is still on. Keeping the 10th pick gives another high potential player. However, at the end of the day I would still make this trade. But, what do we acquire a quality big man?
jnkam247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject:

I voted yes.

With the Lakers...nothing will EVER suprise me. Hell, if they somehow stole the #1 pick I wouldn't be suprised. If they keep what they have and trade DOWN, I wouldn't be suprised. If they landed KG, and antonio Daniels, I wouldn't be suprised. If they traded up to the 7 and drafted Channing Frye, it would NOT suprise me.

Over the last 30 years of living here in SoCal and watching them for like 25 of them, it seems like they always get their man, and continuously make the right decision.

And everyone thought that they made the wrong move by trading for Caron, LO, and Grant. THAT trade (best case scenario) could net them Paul/DWill/Green, a solid big at the 10 (via a bad season), a huuuuge contract to trade next summer in Grant that could bring something back if he has a decent year this year. They'll be fine....

Personally I hope they get the #3 and patterson and w/o giving up #10 spot. I love Butler's game, but with 2-top 10 picks, you have to make that trade.
In the paint
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject:

jnkam247 wrote:
I voted yes.
Personally I hope they get the #3 and patterson and w/o giving up #10 spot. I love Butler's game, but with 2-top 10 picks, you have to make that trade.

Without giving up the 10th pick I think it is an easy decision, but what if the deal can only be done by giving the 10th pick?
jnkam247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject:

If they HAVE To give up the #10, then they should turn it into a bigger BBuster trade. Step it up.

Lakers give
Butler
Slava
Atkins or George

Blazers give
Patterson
Pryzabilla

$$ matches...looks good & they Fill the Center/PG(#3)/and 6th man spot
Focus the MLE on a PF??
BonecoLLectoR
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
BonecoLLectoR wrote:

Soda

there is no guarantee that marvin will be there at 3.we can't make moves about possibilities.if there was a guarantee that we can grab marvin at 3,then i would do everything i can to move up
soda, caron+10---->3 wont be enough for blazers.they will try to give us a bad contract like ruben patterson.i think portland is getting a lot of offers from different teams.So they dont have to do a trade with us.Because of that,trading for a high lottery pick will be harder than it seems. İ have a feeling that portland and utah will swap picks.That makes a lot more sense for portland.They can get rid of a bad contract easier that way...

also; if i was the lakers gm,i wont trade butler+10 for3,even if i dont get a bad contract in return. i would like to trade with new orleans,after all those "magloire to raptors" rumours. if magloire goes to raptors for 7+16(seems unlikely but 7+next year's first round pick of toronto etc..),new orleans will have 3 picks.(4+7+16):

10+jumaine jones+cook---->4+fillers

idont want caron to be traded,so the best scnario for us to ttade up is a new orleans trade...
lakergurlz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject:

if Butler's involved, they'll probably take Green, if not involved (but he probably will be) it will be Williams OR Felton if Deron is already taken. No need for another SF (that includes Granger and Webster) if we keep Butler.
Ezzd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers will keep the #10 pick and choose a player that will have little or no real impact on the team during his career as a Laker.
jnkam247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject:

^
Probably the most likely scenario.
laker_pride
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject:

lakers will pick number #10 in the lottery and then trade up in the draft.
In the paint
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject:

With about 24 hours before the draft, the prediction from LG is that the Lakers will move up in the draft.

After all is said and done there is a lot more said than done. This is probably a good thing, but how will the draft turnout?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: