Newest Mock Draft (published 3 hours ago)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Newest Mock Draft (published 3 hours ago)

Unlike the Fox Sports, draftexpress or yahoo mock drafts, this one is the most different from the rest.

This mock draft have Roy out of the top 5 and have JJ Redick in the top 10. So as you can see this draft is much different.

With the NBA draft just hours away, here is another look at a different mock draft from Comcast.

They have James White going @ the 26th pick (Lakers). They claim that the Lakers are absolutely amazed at him.

Here is the link and enjoy!

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=32912
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Because everyone is saying the Lakers will pick White, I have $5 on White going earlier.
jager67
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: DRAFT

"Because everyone is saying the Lakers will pick White, I have $5 on White going earlier.

I could not agree more! I actually believe that this is a smoke screen. When was the last time a team actually publicized their preferred pick on the eve of the draft? I hope im wrong because I think White is a phenomenal talent. The fact that Kupchak was quoted that their main interest would not be a point guard makes me wonder. If I had to make a prediction: Guillermo Diaz will be the name called tomorrow evening.
Zach Dunford
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

i hope pj tucker is left our 2nd round pick
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Diaz is a stud..ill be happy with that
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Pop wrote:
Because everyone is saying the Lakers will pick White, I have $5 on White going earlier.

I would not take that bet. It wouldn't surprise me if he is taken early either.

Quote:
26. L.A. Lakers: James White, SG/SF, Cincinnati
White completely blew away the Lakers at a recent workout and it's easy to see why. The 6-foot-7 White is a ridiculous athlete who can defend four positions. He transferred from Florida to Cincinnati and became a forgotten man. But White is possibly the best athlete in the draft and his shooting has greatly improved. He's confident offensively and can even play some point guard. Most importantly to the Lakers, Kobe Bryant will probably be happy with this pick.

I wish the Lakers could pick up another 1st rounder. It doesn't have to a top 10. There seems to be a number of players falling from 20 to 26 thatc could help the Lakers. If the Lakers got another pick betwenn 20 to 26, maybe they could both James White and Diaz .... or what about James White and Redick? Just a thought.

Last edited by LakerFan1972 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind that draft at all, I actually am interested in Pops...
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

white is going to be a defensive stud in this league ala bowen, and artest!! i would love if it we drafted him and at 26 he could be the sleeper of this years draft!! if he is avaible and we pass it could be a grave mistake.. leave it to mitch and CO to draft another flop and pass on a stud to be!!
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

last season the Lakers made everyone think Green was the guy, not only was he not, he slid down the charts, the only reason I wouldnt take the bet is because we have a low draft pick, it wouldnt be a shock to see him go earlier, my feeling is the Lakers dont even want him.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Pop wrote:

Ditto...except the $5 part
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Pop wrote:

Thats a lame excuse, so does that mean Pittsnoggle will be picked in the 1st pick overall just because he was mocked a few times in the 51 spot?
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

^^It means that if everyone is saying the Lakers are going to take him it is because the Lakers are letting it be known they like him. If they are letting it be known they like him some other team is going to swoop in and take him. Maybe it is a smokescreen or maybe it is bad luck, it just depends on how everything else plays out.
BygDaddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I could be happy with White or Diaz
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

NBAdraft.net now has the Lakers with Mardy Collins 6'6" PG/SG and Powe 6'7" PF. Both have a chance to develop into decent role players.
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Id rather give our second round pick away than draft Pittsnogle... hes white, unathletic, and his last name is Pittsnogle... guaranteed bust in the league

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
buphead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:
Id rather give our second round pick away than draft Pittsnogle... hes white, unathletic, and his last name is Pittsnogle... guaranteed bust in the league

What does being white have to do with it? If I said I don't want James White because he's black, he underachieves, and can't finish in traffic, people from here would be all over me for it. I hope you meant it differently.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
white is going to be a defensive stud in this league ala bowen, and artest!! i would love if it we drafted him and at 26 he could be the sleeper of this years draft!! if he is avaible and we pass it could be a grave mistake.. leave it to mitch and CO to draft another flop and pass on a stud to be!!

I fully agree. He could very well be the sleeper of this draft.
buphead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we can afford to pass on White unless some other player miraculously falls out of the lottery.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

If we pick a PG, I hope it's Farmar. If he was half the athlete most of these guys are he'd probably be the 1st PG picked. When you're in need of a true PG who can open up the court, Farmar has all the right intangibles. For once I'd like to have a PG on this team who can really see the court so Kobe can be Kobe again.
buphead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
If we pick a PG, I hope it's Farmar. If he was half the athlete most of these guys are he'd probably be the 1st PG picked. When you're in need of a true PG who can open up the court, Farmar has all the right intangibles. For once I'd like to have a PG on this team who can really see the court so Kobe can be Kobe again.

His defense worries me though. I like his abilities offensively. Defense is a bigger need for us right now, though. If he were a great athlete he could at least hang with the quicker guards in the league, but he's not, which is even worse than being an athlete but not great defensively. He's neither! I'd take White, Douby, Brown, Farmar in that order out of those 4 prospects at 26.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject:

buphead wrote:
Coca James wrote:

What does being white have to do with it? If I said I don't want James White because he's black, he underachieves, and can't finish in traffic, people from here would be all over me for it. I hope you meant it differently.

No kidding, the guy is such a class act.

^^ Farmar

ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
buphead wrote:
Coca James wrote:

No kidding, the guy is such a class act.

sorry but I found it funny and to some extent kinda true

but who am i to say whats true and whats not

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!?!

STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject:

buphead wrote:
STiG909 wrote:

His defense worries me though. I like his abilities offensively. Defense is a bigger need for us right now, though. If he were a great athlete he could at least hang with the quicker guards in the league, but he's not, which is even worse than being an athlete but not great defensively. He's neither! I'd take White, Douby, Brown, Farmar in that order out of those 4 prospects at 26.

I don't think he's that slow, he handled college players pretty well and was quick enough to force turnovers on PG's.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Looks like I got my wish
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: