Lakers in the News 3/3/14: "Lakers defeat Trail Blazers in thrilling fashion, 107-106" by Eric Pincus

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Lakers in the News 3/3/14: "Lakers defeat Trail Blazers in thrilling fashion, 107-106" by Eric Pincus

Quote:
Preview: Lakers at Portland Trail Blazers

By Eric Pincus
March 3, 2014, 6:52 a.m.

The Portland Trail Blazers (41-18) have been one of the best teams in the Western Conference all season.

The Lakers, at 20-39, have not.

On Monday night, the Lakers will look to build a rare two-game win streak when they visit the Blazers.

All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge returned Saturday from a groin injury that had him out for almost three weeks. The Lakers expect to have Xavier Henry available Monday after a knee injury sidelined him Dec. 29.

The Lakers are still without Nick Young (knee), Steve Nash (nerve root irritation), and Kobe Bryant (knee).

Key matchup

While Pau Gasol will play center and Aldridge power forward, the Lakers and Blazers have two top offensive big men.

Aldridge is averaging 23.8 points and 11.3 rebounds a game, leading the Blazers to unexpected success.

Gasol is the Lakers' leading scorer and rebounder at 17.1 points and 10.0 rebounds. Defensively, the Blazers will try to stop him with Robin Lopez.

Recently Coach Mike D'Antoni has used slender forward Wesley Johnson at the four. The 6-foot-7, 215-pound Johnson will likely be asked to check Aldridge (6-foot-11, 240 pounds).

Gasol could also see time against the Portland All-Star, along with Robert Sacre, Chris Kaman, Ryan Kelly and whoever else D'Antoni is willing to throw at Aldridge.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-preview-lakers-at-portland-trail-blazers-20140302,0,4090342.story#ixzz2uvOJxfUK

Last edited by Cha*n on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Preview: Lakers Week 19 predictions

By Eric Pincus
March 3, 2014, 8:00 a.m.

The Lakers' schedule gets heavy through Week 19, with five games including four in five nights.

After a visit to the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday, the Lakers return home Tuesday to host the New Orleans Pelicans.

The Clippers "travel" to the Lakers home court on Thursday. The Lakers then visit Denver to play the Nuggets on Friday.

The Lakers get Saturday off before welcoming the powerful Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday afternoon.

Through 59 games, the Lakers have just 20 wins.

Monday at Portland Trail Blazers

The Lakers always seem to have trouble winning in Portland. That's true even when the Lakers are contenders, something that isn't the case this year. The 41-18 Blazers have won five in a row.

Given how low the Lakers are in the standings, they're better off losing more than winning to get better position in the NBA draft lottery.

The Blazers should oblige with a dynamic starting five featuring All-Stars LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard, along with Robin Lopez, Nicolas Batum and Wesley Matthews.

The Lakers should have no problem scoring 100 points in Portland but the Blazers may still win by 20.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-preview-lakers-week-19-predictions-20140302,0,1267890.story#ixzz2uvPevaZF
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Blazers carry win streak into meeting with Lakers

Published March 03, 2014Sports Network
(SportsNetwork.com) - The Portland Trail Blazers will carry a five-game winning streak into a home matchup with the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night.

Portland hasn't lost since a three-game losing streak in mid-February. These five consecutive victories, four of which have come at home, have moved the Blazers back into third in the Western Conference, a game ahead of the Houston Rockets and L.A. Clippers.

LaMarcus Aldridge returned to the lineup Saturday after a five-game absence with a groin injury to score 16 points and grab seven rebounds in Portland's 102-96 home win over the Denver Nuggets.

"It felt good. My timing was a little off but it felt good to be back out there playing with the guys," said Aldridge. "I felt good, a little tired, but for the most part my body felt good and my conditioning felt good."

The Blazers recorded their 12th win against the Northwest Division. No team has more than 10 wins against a division.

Robin Lopez had 18 points and nine rebounds, and Damian Lillard netted 17 points. Nicolas Batum snatched 16 rebounds for Portland and became the fourth Blazer this season to record 16 or more boards.

The Blazers are 20-2 this season when holding opponents under 100 points.

The Lakers ended a three-game slide on Friday night with a 126-122 home win over the Sacramento Kings.

Jordan Farmar drained eight of Los Angeles' franchise-record 19 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 30 points. Farmar went 8-of-10 from distance, while the Lakers shot 70.4 percent as a team from beyond the arc en route to a season-high point total.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/03/03/blazers-carry-win-streak-into-meeting-with-lakers/
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers-Trailblazers Preview
By Taylor Bechtold on Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Portland Trail Blazers have excelled as the NBA's highest-scoring team, though a strong defensive effort has spearheaded their latest winning streak.

With LaMarcus Aldridge back, the suddenly defensive-minded Blazers seek their sixth straight win Monday night against a Los Angeles Lakers team coming off its best offensive performance of the season.

Since losing a season-worst three in a row, Portland (41-18) has gotten back on track and stands on the verge of its longest win streak since an 11-game run from Nov. 8-25.

While they've continued scoring at a torrid pace, averaging an NBA-high 107.8 points on the season, the Blazers have clamped down during the win streak with 92.4 allowed - 10.5 below their average.

After limiting Denver to 39.8 percent shooting in Saturday's 102-96 home win, they've held opponents below 40.0 percent in four straight for the first time since February 2005.

"Just trying to make their looks tough, not giving them anything easy and trying to rebound down the stretch," Aldridge said after Portland improved to 20-2 when allowing fewer than 100 points.

Aldridge finished with 16 points and seven rebounds in his first game back after missing five because of a left groin injury. The three-time All-Star is averaging team highs of 23.8 points and 11.3 rebounds.

"It felt good," he said. "My timing was a little off but it felt good to be back out there playing with the guys."

Aldridge had 27 points and nine boards in a 114-108 road win over the Lakers on Dec. 1, while Damian Lillard scored 26 with nine assists. Lillard - who had 17 points Saturday - has totaled 64 points, 18 assists and nine 3-pointers in his last two meetings with Los Angeles (20-39).

http://www.nba.com/lakers/gameday/140303_gameday_trailblazers
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Blazers week in review 2/3

By Erik Gundersen, Columbian Trail Blazers writer

Published: March 3, 2014, 6:00 AM
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore

Blazer Bravos
When you go 3-0, with two of those wins coming without your best player, everybody deserves kudos. So, instead of beefs and bravos, we're going to go with an extended edition of bravos.

Topping the list of players who deserve some applause is Damian Lillard.

Lillard took his game to a new level while LaMarcus Aldridge was out, scoring 30 points or more in the first four games without Aldridge including his masterful 31-point, nine-assist, seven-rebound performance on Tuesday against the Nuggets.

Robin Lopez, too, was huge in Aldridge's stead and finished the month of February averaging 11.8 rebounds per game and Nic Batum grabbed a career-high 16 on Saturday.

The Blazers reserves also deserve some major kudos. Thomas Robinson's monster double-double against Kevin Love, Will Barton's constant energy and Victor Claver's smart play have all been big.

It's not only that they've been winning but they're defending.

Like their last extended winning streak, it hasn't come against elite competition. But it's still impressive to note that over the last five games the Blazers have had the best defense in terms of points per 100 possessions in the league.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/mar/03/03-03-blazer-rail/
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Phil Jackson says he's still talking to teams about a front-office job
By Matt Moore | NBA writer
March 3, 2014 12:54 pm ET

Phil Jackson is still talking to NBA teams. (USATSI)
In a wide-ranging interview with USA Today, former Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson says that he continues to have conversations with multiple teams, including the Pistons, about a front office position.

Q: With that in mind, the natural question is what does that mean going forward? That was a unique situation, but do you see opportunity elsewhere that you like?

A: There are a few (opportunities), but I shouldn't name them. It wouldn't be right to talk about it, name anything. But yeah, there are some. There are winners and losers in the NBA, and a lot of people are trying to reclaim their position or change their culture or whatever. So yeah, there is. I've had conversations. Some of them are feelers. "Are you interested?" type of thing. I did go out to Detroit last year and sit with (Pistons President) Joe (Dumars). I guess we weren't successful, but I really encouraged (Pistons owner) Tom Gores that the general manager has to be able to pick his coach so they can win it together. And Joe wanted Maurice, so it didn't work out, unfortunately for Maurice. I developed a relationship with the owner, who lives in LA. We have conversations.

Q: So is that still an ongoing relationship?

A: I'm just like an adviser, an unpaid adviser. So far, my advice hasn't been too great (laughs).

Q: Well at least they're not wasting their money on you…

A: Tom is a generous guy, but I really don't want to make him feel like it's more than it is. It's a professional kind of opinion that I have. But I like their chances as they go forward. They had some curious free agent (selections) but I like their young guys. (Andre) Drummond is good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24465919/phil-jackson-says-hes-still-talking-to-teams-about-a-front-office-job
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers' Pau Gasol happy to 'stir things up'
Now that Pau Gasol's cracked the whip over selfish play and small ball, the Lakers face the Trail Blazers in Portland, where they've been stunningly poor.

By Mike Bresnahan
March 2, 2014, 4:57 p.m.

Kobe Bryant has played only six games this season, taking away a strong-willed and sometimes critical voice of the Lakers.

But Pau Gasol has played more than six years with Bryant, long enough to pick up some of his behavior.

Several days after criticizing some of his teammates' selfish play and Coach Mike D'Antoni's small-ball approach, Gasol was no longer angry.

It's not as if his words directly led to a victory Friday against the Sacramento Kings. But he felt the need to crack the whip regardless.

"I think it was good because when you start going through the motions and start going downhill, if nothing happens, you're just going to continue to go down that path," Gasol said Sunday. "Sometimes you just need something to happen for you to wake up and kind of react and make things better."

Bryant likes to shake things up sometimes too, no?

"Yes, he does," Gasol said. "As a veteran, you feel like there's times where you need to sometimes get out of that comfort zone and stir things up a little so guys react, and you get hopefully a positive result."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20140303,0,5292405.story#ixzz2uvTcdrxR
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash long shots to return this season

Kobe Bryant watches from the bench as the Lakers play the Phoenix Suns on the road on Jan. 15. Bryant has played in only six games this season. (Christian Petersen / Getty Images / March 3, 2014)
By Mike Bresnahan
March 3, 2014, 12:32 p.m.

PORTLAND, Ore. — It seems unlikely that Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash will return to play this season for the Lakers.

Bryant has still not been medically cleared, Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said Monday, and Nash continues feeling soreness from chronic back problems.

The Lakers (20-39) have only six weeks left in their season. Nash has played 10 games, Bryant six.

Bryant hasn't played since December because of a fractured knee. He hasd not been on any recent Lakers' road trips, though he joined them in Portland, where the Lakers were set to play Monday night.

Don't read anything into it, though. It's more for Nike reasons than anything. The headquarters of the sneaker giant and major Bryant endorser are in nearby Beaverton.

“The doctors haven't cleared Kobe so it's a non-issue right now,” D'Antoni said. “The thing is, does he get back and play some games to get his rhythm back for next year or just wait? So I don't know.”

Does D'Antoni see advantages in Bryant trying to play?

“Not really,” he said, adding quickly. “That's not on me. That's something that they've got to figure out.”

Interestingly, D'Antoni said it would take about 40 games to evaluate how Bryant fit into the mix with his current teammates, a majority of whom are young players in the last years of their contracts.

But the Lakers have only 23 games left.

As for Nash, who turned 40 last month, D'Antoni didn't sound hopeful.

“I don't know what to tell you,” D'Antoni said. “What's the endgame? We've talked about it. He's not completely healthy. We have 23 games left. We're not going to make the playoffs. So what's his objective in taking minutes away from the young guys that we're trying to develop?

“Now, if Steve starts to feel better, then we'll see. It's always an ongoing process in talking to him, but it's not something that's on the horizon right now.”

Nash said there were “a lot of factors” determining whether he returned this season. He clearly wants to return next season, where he is under contract for $9.7 million.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-bryant-nash-long-shots-to-play-this-season-20140303,0,3482020.story#ixzz2uwTO04ef
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Steve Nash weighs options
Updated: March 3, 2014, 4:26 PM ET
By Dave McMenamin | ESPNLosAngeles.com

The Forum: Steve Nash

Ramona Shelburne and Arash Markazi debate whether it's time for Steve Nash to retire.
Tags: Steve Nash
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni thinks we've seen the last of Steve Nash on the court for the 2013-14 season. Does that mean Nash has played the last basketball of his brilliant 18-year NBA career?

"I doubt it," D'Antoni said after the Lakers' shootaround Monday when asked if Nash would play again this season with 23 games remaining, starting with the Trail Blazers on Monday night. "I don't think so. What's the end game? We've talked about it. He's not completely healthy. We have 23 games left. We're not going to make the playoffs. So what's his objective into taking minutes away from the young guys that we're trying to develop? That's kind of the theme that we're talking about."

Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images
It's unlikely Steve Nash will get back on the court this season for the Lakers.
Nash was noncommittal about his chances of playing again this season.

"We'll see," he said. "I couldn't really make a prediction. If I get the chance, it would be great."

Nash has missed the Lakers' last seven games after returning from nerve root irritation to play a four-game stint in early February. During his short-lived comeback, he collided with Chicago's Kirk Hinrich, with the point of impact occurring in nearly the same spot on his left leg where he suffered a fracture last season.

"That knee to [his leg], that was crazy," Nash said. "It just flared everything up. But it's subsiding, and I'm kind of working through it and coming back to where I was."

The two-time league MVP has averaged 7.6 points and 4.7 assists in 10 games this season while shooting just 36 percent from the floor and 31.6 percent from 3 -- well below his career marks of 14.3 points, 8.5 assists, 49 percent shooting and 42.8 percent from deep.

Nash looked like his old self in a 112-98 win against the Philadelphia 76ers in a game played on his 40th birthday, racking up 19 points on 8-of-15 shooting with five assists and four rebounds.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10545951/steve-nash-likely-play-again-los-angeles-lakers-season-ends
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers' Steve Nash could sit out remainder of season

PUBLISHED 1 hour and 31 minutes ago LAST UPDATED 1 hour and 19 minutes ago
DeAntae Prince Sporting News Follow on Twitter Archive Email RSS
Share Text size A A A
This year's Los Angeles Lakers season has been a series of injury setbacks, with the core of Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash all missing significant time.

It appears there is more news on that front Monday, as Nash could sit the remainder of the season, according to ESPNLosAngeles.com. The Lakers have 23 games left before their season ends on April 16, and coach Mike D'Antoni doesn't expect Nash to make an appearance before the year closes.

MORE: Kareem does "Airplane!" spoof | Bryant: Lakers revenge will be sweet, quick

"I doubt it," D'Antoni said when asked if Nash would play again this season. "I don't think so. What's the end game? We've talked about it. He's not completely healthy. We have 23 games left. We're not going to make the playoffs. So, what's his objective into taking minutes away from the young guys that we're trying to develop? That's kind of the theme that we're talking about."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-03-03/lakers-steve-nash-expected-to-sit-out-remainder-of-season-kobe-bryant-pau-gasol-stretch-provision
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers' Bryant, Nash may not return this season
Veteran guards have combined for 16 games

By The Sports Xchange
POSTED: 03:50 PM CST Mar 03, 2014 UPDATED: 04:37 PM CST Mar 03, 2014

Lucy Nicholson/Reuters

Los Angeles Lakers veteran guards Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash are unlikely to return to play this season, according to the Los Angeles Times.

MORE FROM KY3
49ers reach 2-year deal with WR Boldin
Manning passes physical, cleared for...
Florida, Wichita State, Arizona still...
Owner: Thomas not candidate for any...
Sherman: N-word rule 'atrocious idea'
Buccaneers unveil new uniforms
Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said Monday that Bryant has not been medically cleared and Nash continues feeling soreness from chronic back problems.

The Lakers (20-39) have only 23 games left in their season. Nash has played in only 10 games this season and Bryant just six.

The 35-year-old Bryant has been out since Dec. 17 with a fracture left knee.

"The doctors haven't cleared Kobe so it's a non-issue right now," D'Antoni said. "The thing is, does he get back and play some games to get his rhythm back for next year or just wait? So I don't know."

D'Antoni does not see any advantages in Bryant trying to play this season.

"Not really," he said. "That's not on me. That's something that they've got to figure out."

D'Antoni also did not sound hopeful for Nash, who turned 40 last month,

"I don't know what to tell you," D'Antoni said. "What's the endgame? We've talked about it. He's not completely healthy. We have 23 games left. We're not going to make the playoffs. So what's his objective in taking minutes away from the young guys that we're trying to develop?

http://www.ky3.com/sports/Lakers-Bryant-Nash-may-not-return-this-season/21049292_24781888
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni Doubts Kobe Bryant or Steve Nash will Return this Seaon

By Mark Medina, Los Angeles Daily News
UPDATED: 03/03/2014 05:38:17 PM EST

PORTLAND, Ore. — Mike D'Antoni once scoffed at the skepticism surrounding Steve Nash's health as he proved he could run his Phoenix Suns offense well enough through chronic back issues to win two NBA MVP awards.

But as Nash remains indefinitely sidelined for all but 10 games this season with persisting nerve root irritation in his back and hamstrings, D'Antoni conceded skepticism on whether he'd actually play before the season ends in six weeks.

“I doubt it. I don't think so. What's the end game?” D”Antoni said Monday after morning shootaround in preparation for the Lakers' (20-39) game tonight against the Portland Trail Blazers (41-18) at Moda Center. “We've talked about it. He's not completely healthy and we have 23 games left, and we're not going to make the playoffs. What's his objective to take minutes away from young guys we're trying to develop?”

D'Antoni also sounded doubtful about Kobe Bryant healing his fractured left knee in time to play this season. That injury, coupled with his initial recovery from his left Achilles tendon, has kept the Lakers' star out for all but six games this season.

“Does he get back and play some games and get his rhythm back for next year and wait?” D'Antoni said. “I don't know.”

D'Antoni deferred to Lakers' trainer Gary Vitti on Bryant's recovery, but the Lakers coach downplayed Bryant's potential return making a substantial difference in giving the team's evolving roster and Bryant a chance to learn how to play with each other.

“You need to play about 40 games before you even do that,” D'Antoni said. “That wouldn't be part of the equation, I don't think.”

Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant dribbles the ball as Toronto Raptors' Amir Johnson, left, defends during the first half of an NBA basketball game in Los Angeles, Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013. (Danny Moloshok/Associated Press)
Both Bryant and Nash traveled with the Lakers to Portland. Bryant wasn't present at morning shootaround, but Nash still sounded intent on returning if his body allowed him.

“We'll see. I couldn't really make a prediction,” Nash said. “If I get a chance, it'll be great.”

Nash also sounded open toward taking a reduced role so that the Lakers could see how a crop of young players fit into their long-term plans, including point guards Kendall Marshall and Jordan Farmar as well as wingmen Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks.

“I'm totally up to whatever they want to do,” Nash said. “That's fine.”

http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_25266652/dantoni-doubtful-steve-nash-kobe-will-return-this
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers defeat Trail Blazers in thrilling fashion, 107-106

By Eric Pincus
March 3, 2014, 9:39 p.m.
Wesley Johnson dunked an in-bounds pass from Kent Bazemore with 6.9 seconds left on the clock, stealing a 107-106 win in Portland against the Blazers.
After exploding with a 33-point first quarter, the Lakers saw their lead gradually shrink until the Blazers took their first lead since of the second half with 34.6 seconds left on a Damian Lillard free throw.
The Blazers had one final chance to score but the Lakers suffocated Lillard defensively and his three-point attempt didn't fall.
Also

Lakers' Steve Nash says he wants to return next season

The Lakers win their second-straight game, improving to 21-39 on the season.
Pau Gasol led all scorers with 22 points along with nine rebounds and five assists. Jodie Meeks scored 21 while Johnson and Bazemore both scored 14.
The Lakers shot 45.7% from the field, but turned the ball over 17 times. After an 8-1 offensive rebounding advantage through the first quarter, the Lakers gave up a 19-4 advantage on the offensive glass through the final three periods.
LaMarcus Aldridge led the Blazers with 21 points. Lillard had 20 points with five assists. Robin Lopez had a big night with 19 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks. Nicolas Batum scored 17 with 15 rebounds and five assists.
Kendall Marshall led the Lakers with 11 assists while scoring seven points. Jordan Farmar contributed nine points and six assists.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-trail-blazers-20140303,0,3547118.story#ixzz2uyLyeX00
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Hold off Blazers 107-106
PORTLAND, Ore. March 4, 2014 (AP)
By ANNE M. PETERSON AP Sports Writer

Kent Bazemore threw an alley-oop to Wesley Johnson for the go-ahead dunk with 6.9 seconds left and the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Portland Trail Blazers 107-106 on Monday night.

Pau Gasol scored 22 points and the Lakers won their second straight, snapping the Blazers' five-game winning streak. Jodie Meeks added 21 points.

The Lakers, who led by as many as 15 points in the first quarter, pushed the lead to 97-86 in the fourth on MarShon Brooks' short jumper.

But Nicolas Batum's 3-pointer narrowed the gap to 103-101 for the Blazers with 3:37 left before Wesley Matthews' fadeaway jumper tied it at 105 with 1:10 left.

Damian Lillard hit one of two free throws to give Portland its first lead since the first quarter. But the officials reversed a possession call with 7.1 seconds left, giving the ball to the Lakers. Bazemore lobbed to Johnson for the dunk and Lillard missed a 3-pointer as time ran out.

Robin Lopez had 19 points and 16 rebounds, while Batum had 17 points and 15 rebounds for the Blazers.

Los Angeles was coming off a 126-122 victory at home Friday over Sacramento, which snapped a three-game losing streak. But the Lakers still sit at the bottom of the Western Conference with the Kings.

The Blazers won the first meeting against the Lakers, 114-108 on Dec. 1.

Xavier Henry, who had 27 points against the Blazers in December, returned to the Lakers' lineup Monday after missing 28 games with a right knee injury, but he was played only sparingly. Coach Mike D'Antoni said he'd limit Henry's minutes to start.

Steve Nash ran through drills on the court before the game but sat out of his eighth straight game after a brief return from a nerve root irritation, which causes him back pain.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lakers-hold-off-blazers-107-106-22762306
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: