Lakers in the News 2/7/14 & 2/8/14: "Lakers vs Bulls Preview" & "Lakers Trade & Free Agency News"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Lakers in the News 2/7/14 & 2/8/14: "Lakers vs Bulls Preview" & "Lakers Trade & Free Agency News"

Quote:
Lakers get welcome reinforcements
Updated: February 7, 2014, 7:24 PM ET By Dave McMenamin | ESPNLosAngeles.com

PHILADELPHIA -- After finishing their last game with just four eligible players, the Los Angeles Lakers should have a whopping nine healthy bodies against the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday.

Nick Young (left knee fracture) and Jordan Farmar (left hamstring tightness) won't be in the mix, but the Lakers will welcome back Steve Nash and Jordan Hill to the lineup (both sat out the Cleveland game) as well as Shawne Williams, who was called up from the L.A. D-Fenders of the D-League and signed to a 10-day contract.

"You hate it for the guys," coach Mike D'Antoni said of the injuries that have derailed his team's season. "I think we were getting in a pretty nice rhythm and we were playing better the last three halves. Hopefully tonight will be another step forward and we got enough bodies where we should be OK."

The Lakers' body count could drop from nine to eight by tip-off. Steve Blake is a game-time decision with a right thigh contusion he suffered against the Cavaliers.

Despite all the bad luck with injuries this season, there was something for the 17-32 Lakers to celebrate Friday: Nash's 40th birthday.

When the 18-year veteran starts against the Sixers, he will become just the fourth point guard in the history of the league to play into his 40s, joining Bob Cousy, John Stockton and Jason Kidd.

"Forty," said D'Antoni, who first coached Nash with the Phoenix Suns a decade ago. "Can you believe that? Not many guys can reach that milestone playing."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10419504/los-angeles-lakers-get-steve-nash-jordan-hill-back-lineup-friday

Last edited by Cha*n on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Nick Young jokes that he wants to egg C.J. Miles' home

Cleveland Cavaliers guard C.J. Miles plays against the Denver Nuggets. (David Zalubowski / Associated Press / January 17, 2014)
By Mike Bresnahan
February 7, 2014, 9:51 a.m.

PHILADELPHIA -- Nick Young wants to sponsor an egging raid.

"We need to go find C.J. Miles, man, and do something to him," Young said Friday, smiling. "We've got to go throw some eggs, do something at his house. I've got to do something. He's got to feel my pain."

Young was then reminded that singer Justin Bieber could face felony charges for allegedly causing $20,000 in damage by egging a neighbor's house in Calabasas.

"I forgot, I forgot," Young said, telling a reporter that he should egg Miles' house instead of Young.

Miles grabbed Young from behind while the Lakers forward was going in for a fastbreak layup attempt in the second quarter of the Lakers' 119-108 victory Wednesday.

A foul was called and the injury occurred when Young landed unsteadily under the basket. A day later, an MRI exam revealed a non-displaced patellar fracture and bone bruise in his left knee.

Young's knee will be reevaluated later this month. He was the Lakers' second-leading scorer, averaging 16.9 points a game.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-nick-young-cj-miles-20140207,0,205758.story#ixzz2sggIzmFG
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers-76ers Preview

After enduring their longest losing streak in seven seasons, the extremely short-handed Los Angeles Lakers found a way to get it done their last time out.

The last-place Philadelphia 76ers can't seem to get on track.

After winning with help from an obscure rule that allowed it to keep a fouled-out player on the floor, Los Angeles tries to make it two in a row when it visits Philadelphia on Friday night.

The Lakers (17-32) suffered seven consecutive defeats before pulling out a 119-108 victory at Cleveland on Wednesday. Los Angeles entered with eight available players, lost two more to injury and had two more foul out.

The Lakers were permitted to keep center Robert Sacre, who was called for his sixth foul with 3:32 remaining, in the game because NBA rules require teams to have five players on the floor at all times. As a result, the league rulebook allows for a team to employ such a scenario.

"It was interesting," said center Chris Kaman, who had 13 points in 14 minutes before fouling out. "I don't think you'll ever see anything like that again."

Rookie Ryan Kelly had a season-high 26 points and Wesley Johnson scored 20. Point guard Steve Blake added 11 to go along with 15 assists and a career high-tying 10 rebounds in his second game back since missing nearly two months with an elbow injury.

"When Steve Blake comes back, the whole atmosphere changes," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "Last year, that was the guy that came back that got us on our run last year. He comes back now, and makes the two daggers at the end of the game.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/preview?id=400489614
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers' Nash keeps rolling along

MARC NARDUCCI, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
POSTED: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 3:01 AM

On the day he turned 40, Steve Nash of the Los Angeles Lakers had high praise for one of the young up-and-coming fellow point guards, 76ers rookie point guard Michael Carter-Williams.

The two point guards met for the first time during Friday's game between the Sixers and Lakers at the Wells Fargo Center.

"He has been a terrific rookie and exciting for the league," Nash said about Carter-Williams, following the Lakers morning shootaround. "It's exciting for us old guys to see young guys coming into the league and doing so well and bringing something new to the game."

Nash is only the fourth point guard in NBA history to play at 40 year old, joining Bob Cousy, John Stockton and Jason Kidd

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20140208_Lakers__Nash_keeps_rolling_along.html#jyJEMs0VFxsWbDMZ.99
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers point guard Steve Nash turns 40 years old today

Minnesota's Ricky Rubio drives around Steve Nash in the first quarter Tuesday night, when Nash was still 39. (Jim Mone / Associated Press / February 4, 2014)
By Eric Pincus
February 7, 2014, 8:15 a.m.

Steve Nash turned 40 years old on Friday.

In his 18th season, Nash is the oldest player in the NBA.

Teammate Kobe Bryant (13th overall pick) was selected in the same 1996 draft as Nash (15th pick). But Bryant came into the league as a teenager and is four years younger than Nash.

The veteran point guard joined the Lakers two summers ago but has struggled with injury since breaking his leg in the second game of the 2012-13 season.

After playing six games to start the current season, Nash sat out almost three months with nerve issues in his back.

Nash made his return on Tuesday, playing 25 minutes against the Minnesota Timberwolves. He scored seven points and had nine assists.

The two-time NBA most valuable player is under contract for one more season at $9.7 million.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-steve-nash-turns-40-20140207,0,1533779.story#ixzz2sghm9b9N
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Box score, Lakers vs 76ers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/gamechannel;_ylt=AwrTccFjhfVSxxAAqbcPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsOXB2YTRjBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--?gid=2014020720
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Nash Leads Lakers Over 76ers
PHILADELPHIA February 8, 2014 (AP)
By ROB MAADDI AP Sports Writer

Steve Nash scored a season-high 19 points and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Philadelphia 76ers 112-98 Friday night.

Wesley Johnson and Chris Kaman each scored 17 and six Lakers finished with double-digit points.

Tony Wroten scored 16 and Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes each had 15 for Philadelphia, which lost its fifth straight game, seventh in a row at home and 15th of 18 overall.

The Lakers won their second straight game after losing seven in a row.

A pair of once-proud franchises that last met in the NBA Finals in 2001, both teams are headed for the draft lottery this season. The Sixers own the league's third-worst record while the Lakers came in tied for seventh-worst.

Nash played more like a guy who was a two-time NBA MVP a decade ago instead of someone celebrating his 40th birthday. He had five assists, four rebounds and shot 8 for 15.

The Sixers led the entire first half, going up by as many as nine points a few times. Blake hit consecutive 3s for the Lakers to cut it to 64-61 at halftime.

The Lakers took their first lead, 68-67, in the third on Sacre's dunk. They were up 87-82 when Wroten sank a 62-footer at the buzzer. It was his second shot beyond half court in two games. He made a 58-footer to end the third in a loss to Boston on Wednesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/nash-leads-lakers-76ers-22421086
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA Trade News: Lakers to Sign Either Lance Stephenson or Eric Bledsoe This Offseason

Reuters
Kobe Bryant and the Lakers could get some help this summer

The Lakers are expected to go after several free agents this coming summer after becoming a mediocre ballclub these past two seasons. With Pau Gasol expected to go off the books, the purple-and-gold will have the capacity to sign some of the big names in the free-agency market such as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Carmelo Anthony.

However, General Manager Mitch Kupchak stressed that they could wait for another year before they use their cap space for an All-Star caliber players such as Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge.

Then again, there's still the possibility that the Lakers could pull off a $10 million per year deal on a budding star such Bledsoe and Stephenson.

According to ESPN writer Chris Broussard, the Lakers are interested to sign Bledsoe who will be a restricted free agent this summer. Bledsoe, traded by the Los Angeles Clippers to the Phoenix Suns in the offseason, is currently sitting out with a torn MCL injury. However, the dynamic point guard is expected to return after All-Star break as he tries to help the Suns reach the postseason once again.

"Speaking of the Suns, I was told the Los Angeles Lakers might go hard after Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe, who is out the rest of the season with a knee injury. Bledsoe will be a restricted free agent next summer, but I'm told the Lakers might be willing to overpay him to pry him away from Phoenix," Broussard stated.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537818/20140207/lakers-trade-rumors-news.htm#.UvWz0yqF970
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sixers stumble yet again, lose to Lakers

MARC NARDUCCI, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
POSTED: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 3:01 AM

It's been a few decades since the 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers have both had losing seasons in the same year. This streak is about to end for these two former marquee NBA franchises that are scrambling for the better lottery position.

In a game that lacked the usual luster, the Lakers defeated the Sixers, 112-98, Friday night before 15,211 at the Wells Fargo Center.

It was the fifth consecutive loss for the Sixers, the seventh straight at home, and second straight win for the Lakers.

The last time these teams both finished a season below .500 was 1993-94, when the Sixers were 25-57 and Lakers 33-49.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20140208_Sixers_stumble_yet_again__lose_to_Lakers.html#B7YKDDfGxp2JI88C.99
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers make it two wins in a row by defeating 76ers, 112-98

The Lakers have badly missed having point guards on their active roster.

On Friday night, the Lakers got their second win in a row, defeating the Philadelphia 76ers, 112-98, with some stellar play from three point guards.

Steve Nash, who turned 40 on Friday, scored 19 points with five assists, Steve Blake played through elbow and leg injuries to finish with 14 points and eight assists and Kendall Marshall contributed seven points and 10 assists off the bench for the Lakers. A fourth point guard, Jordan Farmar, sat out with leg issues.

The 76ers turned the ball over 23 times and shot only 42.5% from the field. Tony Wroten led Philadelphia with 16 points. Spencer Hawes notched a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-philadelphia-76ers-live-updates-20140207,0,1817369.story#ixzz2shbuIZDK
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kaman on potential trade: 'I don't care'
February, 7, 2014

PHILADELPHIA --– After receiving consistent playing time in all three games of the Los Angeles Lakers' 2-1 trip, Chris Kaman admitted that it was the first time he had fun playing basketball in a long time.

But he also admitted that if he doesn't make it past the upcoming Feb. 20 trade deadline and finish out the season as a Laker, it won't faze him.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez
Chris Kaman is an 11-year NBA veteran and says he understands the league is a business, allowing him to be prepared for most scenarios.
"I don't care, I honestly don't care," Kaman said when asked if he has thought about the possibility of the Lakers trading him. "It's not something that I want to do, but it's not going to make me go to sleep at night and have to stay awake all night tossing and turning thinking about it. I don't care. If they want to trade somebody, trade me, trade the next guy, it don't bother me. It's part of the business. The sooner that you realize it's a part of the business, the better off you're going to be. Just let it roll and let it happen. I'm not going to try to stop anything."

Kaman was signed in the offseason to a one-year, $3.2 million deal but has played sparingly under coach Mike D'Antoni. The coach prefers to play with only one post player on the court at any given time, limiting the opportunity for a back-to-the-basket center like Kaman, especially when Pau Gasol is healthy. Gasol remained in L.A. during the trip to rehab his injured groin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/38817/kaman-on-potential-trade-i-dont-care
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Win On Nash's Birthday
Steve Nash scored 19 points on his 40th birthday as the Lakers defeated the 76ers 112-98.

PHILADELPHIA -- Steve Nash celebrated his 40th birthday with a vintage performance.

Nash scored a season-high 19 points and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Philadelphia 76ers 112-98 Friday night.

Wesley Johnson and Chris Kaman each scored 17 and six Lakers finished with double-digit points.

Nash, the oldest player in the NBA, played like the guy who was a two-time NBA MVP a decade ago. He had five assists, four rebounds and shot 8 for 15 in just his eighth game of the season.

"I thought I could play well, I could contribute," he said. "At this point, I don't take anything for granted. It's a grind for me to get ready to play every day. I'm just thrilled I can move out there without restriction and help my team."

In a way, Nash also helped his opponent by putting on a clinic for the younger guys.

"He's a great player, always under control, uses his screens well. I can learn a lot from him," Sixers rookie point guard Michael Carter-Williams said.

Tony Wroten scored 16 and Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes each had 15 for Philadelphia, which lost its fifth straight game, seventh in a row at home and 15th of 18 overall.

"It appears we play better on the road," Sixers coach Brett Brown said. "Everybody wants to do better in our city, in front of our fans."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/recap?id=400489614
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers storm back, top Sixers in second half

on February 07, 2014 at 9:38 PM, updated February 07, 2014 at 9:57 PM

PHILADELPHIA – The Los Angeles Lakers were nowhere near full-strength Friday night, but they came storming back in the second half to defeat the Philadelphia 76ers, 112-98.

While the Sixers weren’t playing the cleanest game, they were controlling the game in the first half. Michael Carter-Williams hit a jumper 20 seconds into the game and the Sixers had their first lead. While they were tied twice in the first half, they never gave up the lead before the break.

But the second half was a different story. The Lakers quickly jumped on the Sixers, starting the half on a 7-3 run to take their first lead of the game. The two teams would trade the lead four more times in the quarter, but Kendall Marshall nailed a 3 with 3:52 left in the quarter to give the Lakers the lead for good.

“We talked quite a bit at halftime about things we had to fix, and I got them out a little bit late,” said Sixers head coach Brett Brown. “I think we missed a lot of good shots … I just felt like we missed some shots that we hoped to make a lot more of, we had some decent looks.”

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2014/02/lakers_storm_back_top_sixers_i.html
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Rumors: Lakers interested in pursuing Lance Stephenson in free agency?

February 7, 2014
The 2013-14 NBA season is turning out to be a lost cause for the Los Angeles Lakers with the team currently sitting near the bottom of the Western Conference standings and little hope of turning things around. With the team now looking toward the future, another player has been mentioned as a potential target for the Lakers among the 2014 free agents according to Sean Deveney of Sporting News on Feb. 6:

If the Pacers don’t address the Stephenson problem, there will be wolves with cap space lurking. The Lakers, Bulls and Bobcats will be among the teams who can and would offer an ample payday and increased opportunity for Stephenson this summer.
With Lance Stephenson potentially being on the biggest names on the open market, the Lakers going after the up-and-comer won't be all that surprising. Although it remains uncertain if the Lakers will be big players in the 2014 free agent market this summer, Stephenson will likely be on their short list of potential targets.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lakers-rumors-lakers-interested-pursuing-lance-stephenson-free-agency
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Steve Nash says he feels as good as he has since 2012 leg fracture

Lakers point guard Steve Nash (10) tries to drive past the double-team defense of Timberwolves center Ronny Turiaf (32) and point guard Ricky Rubio during a game Tuesday in Minneapolis. (Jim Mone / Associated Press / February 4, 2014)
By Eric Pincus
February 8, 2014, 2:54 p.m.

Steve Nash finally returned to the Lakers' lineup Tuesday in a loss to the Timberwolves in Minneapolis.

After sitting out a victory over the Cavaliers in Cleveland the following night, Nash celebrated his 40th birthday with a season-high 19 points in a win over the 76ers in Philadelphia.

"To be able to just be back out there for two games -- yeah, I'm rusty, I'm not quite in game shape yet -- but to be moving freely and be able to do things you're accustomed to doing out there, it just makes the game a lot more fun," Nash said after practice Saturday.

Nash fractured a bone in his leg in November 2012 during the second game of last season. After sitting out until late December, he played 50 regular-season games before back and hamstring issues forced him out late in the season.

"There were times last year when I think I started to play pretty well, especially the month before I got hurt," Nash said. "I was kind of working around my body a little bit and was having some success.

"This is about as good as I've felt since before I broke my leg."

Lingering issues stemming from an impinged nerve root in his back had kept him sidelined this season since early November. He spent a significant amount of time in Vancouver, rehabbing and training in the hope he'd be able to get back to health.

"I love the game," Nash said. "I'm going to just be diligent and be thankful for every minute I get out there -- hopefully as many as I can out there, moving freely."

The Lakers are still going to pace Nash, sitting him when they play on consecutive nights. The nerve issue could still flare back up, but Nash has exceeded initial expectations since his return.

"I feel pretty good. I feel the neck. I feel the back. I feel the hamstring. But they're all in a pretty manageable place," he said.

Nash has played in only eight games this season, averaging 8.3 points and 5.4 assists.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-steve-nash-update-20140208,0,4541534.story#ixzz2sm4m4Ydb
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Fabulous at 40: Nash has big game on birthday
By Updated 19 minutes ago
Steve Nash celebrated his 40th birthday with a vintage performance.
Nash scored a season-high 19 points and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Philadelphia 76ers 112-98 on Saturday.
Nash, the oldest player in the NBA, played like the guy who was a two-time NBA MVP a decade ago. He had five assists, four rebounds and shot 8 for 15 in just his eighth game of the season.
"I thought I could play well, I could contribute," he said. "At this point, I don't take anything for granted. It's a grind for me to get ready to play every day. I'm just thrilled I can move out there without restriction and help my team."
In a way, Nash also helped his opponent by putting on a clinic for the younger guys.
"He's a great player, always under control, uses his screens well. I can learn a lot from him," Sixers rookie point guard Michael Carter-Williams said.

http://www.sportal.com.au/nba/fabulous-at-40-nash-has-big-game-on-birthday/1tul2tk5tslkl13oxrtpgqtzqh
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bulls-Lakers Preview
By JEFF MEZYDLO (STATS Senior Writer)
6 hours ago
AP - Sports

Any momentum the Los Angeles Lakers gained during a successful road trip can now be used to help end their struggles at home.

Los Angeles (18-32) snapped a season-high seven-game skid with a 119-108 win at Cleveland on Wednesday and followed with Friday's 112-98 victory at Philadelphia to conclude a 2-1 trip.

"It feels great to get two wins in a row," said veteran Chris Kaman, who had 17 points, eight rebounds, three assists and three blocks Friday.

Though the Lakers have won five times in 24 contests, they've shot 51.8 percent in the last two and Friday snapped a 16-game stretch of yielding 100 points or more. They allowed an average of 112.5 during that span.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-lakers-preview-170413886--nba.html
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Six Lakers likely to be out through the All-Star break

By Eric Pincus
February 8, 2014, 2:12 p.m.

The Lakers have seen point guards Steve Nash and Steve Blake return to the lineup from injury, but the team is still short six players.

Guard Jodie Meeks is out with a sprained ankle. Guard Kobe Bryant, swingman Nick Young and forward Xavier Henry all have knee injuries. Forward-center Pau Gasol is out with a strained groin.

The Lakers are also missing point guard Jordan Farmar, who continues to have issues with a sore hamstring.

"He had a little bit of setback," said Coach Mike D'Antoni after practice on Saturday. "We're going to err on the side of caution, because we don't want him out."

Farmar has suffered two hamstring tears this season. He returned after over a month off to score 21 points Wednesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers, before sitting out late in the game with leg cramps.

While D'Antoni called Farmar day-to-day, he said he'll try to rest the point guard through the All-Star break.

"If everybody is healthy, and we can spare him, we will try to," said D'Antoni.

He also said Meeks will be out for the next three games.

"Because the All-Star break is right around the corner, [the injured players] will take advantage of those days off," said D'Antoni. "We'll probably have to go with the guys we've got right now."

The Lakers play at home this week against the Chicago Bulls on Sunday, the Utah Jazz on Tuesda

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-injury-updates-20140208,0,6345562.story#ixzz2sm76KKzA
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers may not have enough in their 'tank'
Playoffs are still a pipe dream, but two unexpected road wins have also hurt Lakers in the race to the bottom—for draft-lottery position.

By Mike Bresnahan and Eric Pincus
February 8, 2014, 9:10 p.m.

This certainly wasn't part of the plan.

Not that the Lakers officially had one — Tank Option A? Tank Option B? — but they were merrily drifting toward rebuild mode with a nice, comfy spot in the draft lottery thanks to all these injuries.

That was so three games ago.

They went out and beat Cleveland with only five players able to finish the game (barely) and won in Philadelphia thanks to Steve Nash's fountain-of-youth night.

Now their schedule shows home games against Chicago (24-25) and Utah (16-33 before Saturday).

Playoffs, anybody? Uh, no. The Lakers still trail Dallas by 11½ games for the Western Conference's eighth and final playoff spot.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20140209,0,5489018.story#ixzz2snjOm1JP
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

CHEEKS OUT IN DETROIT!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pistons-fire-coach-maurice-cheeks-165831433.html
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: