2014 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject:

Also maybe I shouldn't of said the next Kobe but if anyone in the class that can become closest to Kobe its this guy. James Young is the best SG in this class.

NBA Scout “He is really fast, he’s now not settling for jump shots, so you’re seeing a young man get his head and shoulders by people, take contact and make baskets, which a month ago, he wasn’t going in there. In transition, he’s like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. If he’s out ahead, you throw him the ball and something good will happen. He has a chance of being a terrific defender.”

Once he puts on more weight he will be dangerous
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject:

KyLaker wrote:
Also maybe I shouldn't of said the next Kobe but if anyone in the class that can become closest to Kobe its this guy. James Young is the best SG in this class.

NBA Scout “He is really fast, he’s now not settling for jump shots, so you’re seeing a young man get his head and shoulders by people, take contact and make baskets, which a month ago, he wasn’t going in there. In transition, he’s like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. If he’s out ahead, you throw him the ball and something good will happen. He has a chance of being a terrific defender.”

Once he puts on more weight he will be dangerous

He's a later bloomer that's for sure. It's good that he's not settling. And perhaps you don't know me, but those who do, know I don't listen to what every NBA scout says. All of them but 3 said bad things about Bryant prior to the draft too.

He's a top 10 recruit for a reason, and didn't exactly burst onto the scene either. It cuts both ways. It's great that he's a great recruit, but it's obvious he's not above and beyond the #1 recruit.

Even then, personally, I'm more interested in smart, heady, quick, strong, PG play. Big PG or Marcus Smart.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Mike, how do you feel about Joel Embiid? OR Do you think the Lakers should pursue more of a scorer?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject:

KB#8,#24 wrote:
Mike, how do you feel about Joel Embiid? OR Do you think the Lakers should pursue more of a scorer?

I do like him a lot.

I can imagine Cs of the future being based around guys like Joakim Noah and Tyson Chandler. Limited post game, but can defend pick and rolls, excellent team D, board, finish in the paint.

They're softening the perimeter even more, so where the most offensive talent is, that's where the Lakers should go.

MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Might get killed for saying this, but Jabari reminds me of a less athletic version of young Kobe. Especially his (advanced for his age) skill set and I'm specially impressed by him winning four straight state titles at Chicago.

Andrew Harrison reminds me of Tyreke Evans frame, but with better court vision and decision making. The league's current defensive rules suit his driving game well. His prime could be like Wade's.

I'd take these two over Randle, Gordon, Exum and any other guy not named Wiggins.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject:

Every time I watch Jabari Parker, I can't help but think of a Carmelo Anthony type. Back then and even now, Anthony's offense was based around his midrange shot and expanded from to multiple positions on the floor with better footwork. Parker is advanced skill-wise, similarly.

Bryant was more along the lines of advanced ball-handling and pull-up jumpshots, but far better athletically. That tends to create higher overall upside.

I'm not as convinced on Harrison. I do think he has solid court vision and decision-making, but isn't a pure point, nor an elite athlete. He's a big, strong PG with a variety of skills. Like a bigger Kyle Lowry.

kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Every time I watch Jabari Parker, I can't help but think of a Carmelo Anthony type. Back then and even now, Anthony's offense was based around his midrange shot and expanded from to multiple positions on the floor with better footwork. Parker is advanced skill-wise, similarly.

Bryant was more along the lines of advanced ball-handling and pull-up jumpshots, but far better athletically. That tends to create higher overall upside.

I'm not as convinced on Harrison. I do think he has solid court vision and decision-making, but isn't a pure point, nor an elite athlete. He's a big, strong PG with a variety of skills. Like a bigger Kyle Lowry.

I see the same thing regarding Jabari.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Mike, James Young vs Wayne Selden? Who ya got?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Young. I'll take the guy who can break his man off the bounce. You can always add strength later.

legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject:

I think James Young would be good. Ideally I would love Smart or Exum but that's not gonna happen. I also think drafting a pg or sg is te best move unless a decent big falls
KyLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Guys I just watched James Young in the Blue and White scrimmage... once the highlights come out I'll post them. I think some of you will be changing your tune pretty quick on this guy.

These are all the highlights so you can watch both Harrison's, Randle and Young
alhambra_zach
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject:

no a fan of young, if we keep our current trajectory. we will be pick in the top 10. Drafting him that high would be a mistake. We need young elite athletes, elite. He looks like a middle of the road athlete. But I like Zach Lavine if we looking to replace Kobe. if we wanna go in another direction Marcus Smart is my fav.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: