OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 841, 842, 843, 844  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:
We traded Shaq away when Kobe demanded Shaq be traded.

We should have done the same this time, and sided with Dwight, amnesty Kobe, and sign Chris Paul.

What the hell are you talking about LOL.. KOBE NEVER DEMANDED THAT SHAQ GET TRADED... SHAQ ASKED JERRY WEST TO TRADE KOBE MULTIPLE TIMES.. Shaq left because the lakers wouldnt give him the extension he wanted. Kobe was going to the Clippers until Jerry Buss met with him and convinced him to stay.. I dont see how a "Laker Fan" could still be in the dark about what really happened. GEEZ

Kobe didn't have to demand a trade because he could have walked to the Clippers. You think it's a coincidence that Kobe agreed to stay with the Lakers one day after they trade Shaq to the Heat? Kobe had no interest in playing the rest of his career with Shaq. The Lakers didn't give Shaq an extension because they knew it meant Kobe would be leaving. I don't see how any "Laker fan" cannot see what really happened in 2004.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject:

Wow so Howard asked that the Lakers amnesty Kobe? Who are the sources for such accusations?? I'm still skeptical about this, but if true, SCREW this CLOWN.
TheKobeFactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject:

Reports say Chris Paul was going to sign here if Dwight re-signed and Kobe was amnestied.

I don't like how this all unfolded. We have no future right now.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:
Reports say Chris Paul was going to sign here if Dwight re-signed and Kobe was amnestied.

Links? I doubt that because Chris Paul forced the Clippers to get Doc Rivers I dont think he leaves after that.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject:

KB#8,#24 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

Links? I doubt that because Chris Paul forced the Clippers to get Doc Rivers I dont think he leaves after that.

Lol. Liar.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject:

Hahahaha.

If reports are true and both these bums were going to sign here if the Lakers shafted Kobe, then SCREW BOTH OF THEM.

These players are sickening. Eff Cp3, who has stated on many occasions he always wanted the Clippers over the Lakers. And Eff Diva12, who I believe never wanted here in the first place and did NOTHING in the one season he was a Lakers, to justify the handing if the Torch from Bryant.

Pathetic man, just pathetic.
Kobe824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KB#8,#24 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

That all came afterwards. If Howard could have told CP3 in May that the Lakers were on board he might have tried to leave for the Lakers.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe824 wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

We should have done the same this time, and sided with Dwight, amnesty Kobe, and sign Chris Paul.

What the hell are you talking about LOL.. KOBE NEVER DEMANDED THAT SHAQ GET TRADED... SHAQ ASKED JERRY WEST TO TRADE KOBE MULTIPLE TIMES.. Shaq left because the lakers wouldnt give him the extension he wanted. Kobe was going to the Clippers until Jerry Buss met with him and convinced him to stay.. I dont see how a "Laker Fan" could still be in the dark about what really happened. GEEZ

Kobe didn't have to demand a trade because he could have walked to the Clippers. You think it's a coincidence that Kobe agreed to stay with the Lakers one day after they trade Shaq to the Heat? Kobe had no interest in playing the rest of his career with Shaq. The Lakers didn't give Shaq an extension because they knew it meant Kobe would be leaving. I don't see how any "Laker fan" cannot see what really happened in 2004.

The reality is that Shaq demanded to be traded after his contractual demands were not met by the Lakers.

Who cares how you spin that, they offered something on the table, but didn't give into his demands, so he got pissed and then demanded a trade. It had nothing to do with Kobe.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kobe824 wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

It was a complicated situation. But there is truth in both arguments. In short, Shaq wanted a re-up; more than he was worth in my opinion ($27 million for a big man in decline is a bit steep). Dr. Buss didn't agree with Shaq. On the other hand, Bryant didn't want to play with Shaq and was also due for an extension, he was entertaining offers from other teams. But it ultimately it came down to Dr. Buss making a choice. He decided to cut ties with the aging superstar and decided to go with the young star just entering his prime, and most importantly, at almost half the price.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject:

And Stop comparing Prime Kobe to a loser like Diva12, please. It's make you look really bad.

You're making it seem like they chose to let go of Jordan in his prime, in order to appease Kobe. Wrong buddy, even at this age, Kobe is MORE valuable than that chump DCOWARD.

Deal with it.

GO LAKERS

Last edited by Kazaam on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

I was gonna reply to his stuff, but I decided to ignore it this time.

you guys believe the last report you read as the truth? I was following that situation closely. Kobe forced both shaq and phil out in 2004. It was crystal clear to anyone with even an ounce of analytical skills.

Kobe wasn't getting along with Phil. Phil had tried to trade him for kidd and marion. Kobe even acknowledged he was iffy on Phil coming back in 07 during his speach at dr buss funeral.

Kobe threatened clippers and shaq was traded and the DAY after kobe signed.

But Ok. Let's believe whatever some hack wrote. Never mind the hack could of been fed inaccurate info to spin public opinion.

Not that I am saying Howard should of got Kobe kicked. In 2004 kobe was the king of the nba. He had more of the laker fan base than shaq. It made sense for the lakers to keep him at all costs.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
followwind wrote:
If the reports are true, what kind of an egomaniac is Dwight Howard? Sheesh.

Obviously the same kind of egomaniac as Bryant, who was completely ok with Shaq leaving so he could have his own team and was still adamant on letting folks know the team was his last year..

The two situations could not be anymore different. Howard was a (bleep) noob who had the people in his corner suggest a legend get amnestied, because they couldn't mesh in less than a season. lol.

If Howard was being overshadowed over several years and belittled in his accomplishments over several championships, then the comparison would stick. But it does not.

And once again, Kobe had nothing to do with Shaq's contractual demands.

Last edited by Gwyn on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

We believe what we see, because we have brains.

Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
followwind wrote:

Obviously the same kind of egomaniac as Bryant, who was completely ok with Shaq leaving so he could have his own team and was still adamant on letting folks know the team was his last year..

The two situations could not be anymore different. Howard was a (bleep) noob who had the people in his corner suggest a legend get traded, because they couldn't mesh in less than a season. lol.

If Howard was being overshadowed over several years and belittled in his accomplishments over several championships, then the comparison would stick. But it does not.

And once again, Kobe had nothing to do with Shaq's contractual demands.

Well said broseph. Sorry Dream, but they are two very different situations.

I wish you guys well with the big impostor. But understand that the guy has baggage and he really believes himself to be something he isnt.
TheKobeFactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
Kobe824 wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

The reality is that Shaq demanded to be traded after his contractual demands were not met by the Lakers.

Who cares how you spin that, they offered something on the table, but didn't give into his demands, so he got pissed and then demanded a trade. It had nothing to do with Kobe.

Sigh. Let's try to be historically accurate here, ok? Kobe told Phil and Mitch several times, that he would not come back if Shaq was still here. That's what Kobe said, several times. He threatened to leave.

The fact is that Kobe re-signed with us the very next day Shaq was traded.

Shaq and Kobe hated each other, and that's just the truth. The Late Great Dr. Buss had to choose one, and he made the choice at the time.

This time around, the same situation popped up, and I believe we made the wrong choice. Dwight was our future, and we could have had Chris Paul to sign with us too.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:

Nope, Shaq got traded because we wouldn't meet his contractual demands. That is reality, not fiction.

If you want to argue Shaq demanded a trade because of Kobe looking for other potential suitors, then the burden is on you to prove that.

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject:

MoBasket wrote:
Sorry, if already posted!

Power transfer worried Howard

"[...]
Sources told ESPN.com that Howard and his representatives -- in a handful of meetings with Lakers officials before he became a free agent July 1 -- strongly suggested the center would have a difficult time re-signing with the team if Bryant stayed with the franchise beyond the 2013-14 season, the final year of his contract.

The Lakers, almost from the moment Howard arrived in August 2012, had gone to great lengths to assure the 27-year-old that they saw him as the future face of the franchise and that the torch would be passed from Bryant to him in short order.

But with Bryant saying publicly just a week before free agency that he was thinking of playing at least two or three more seasons, it was hard for Howard to envision when he would assume that role, sources said.

"How can it be Kobe's team and Dwight's team?" one source said. "It was about the passing of the torch."

As an offshoot of those discussions, sources said, Howard's camp at one point asked the Lakers whether they were at least considering releasing Bryant through the league's amnesty provision, since Bryant's return date from Achilles tendon surgery remained in question.
[...]"

I don't know how true this report is ... BUT ...

it does seem to coincide with Dwight's "maybe 2 - 3 years ago, maybe 2 - 3 year from now" his "timing" with the Lakers would have been right.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject:

What part of last season convinced you that Diva12 was our future? LOL

Seriously? Kobe adjusted HIS game for that clown and literally played till his Achilles exploded in order to salvage the season. And you're coming at me with the idea that the Lakers let go of our FUTURE?

You do understand that in 2009, PAU beat up on a PRIME DCoward, right? How in the heck is this version of DCoward, the centerpiece to a championship team?

Incredible... no respect.
TheKobeFactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

Nope, Shaq got traded because we wouldn't meet his contractual demands. That is reality, not fiction.

If you want to argue Shaq demanded a trade because of Kobe looking for other potential suitors, then the burden is on you to prove that.

If you want to call Phil a liar, then go ahead.

It's all in his book.

Kobe threatened to leave several times, and came out and flat out said if Shaq was still here, he was gone.

The Late Great Dr. Buss made the right decision then, as keeping Kobe was the most important thing. But I fear the FO made the wrong choice this time around.

Last edited by TheKobeFactor on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
followwind wrote:

Obviously the same kind of egomaniac as Bryant, who was completely ok with Shaq leaving so he could have his own team and was still adamant on letting folks know the team was his last year. All of these great players have egos, which is why you usually don't see them come together until they get older. The difference between Kobe and Howard though is Kobe could back his up.

Like yourself brother, I'm glad Dwight is a Rocket.

Enjoy him.
Kobe824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

Shaq wanted out after Kobe chased Phil out of town. He could see the writing on the wall that it was going to be Kobe's team. Kobe then started to explore free agency and basically made the Lakers choose between him and Shaq. The Lakers didn't meet Shaq's contractual demands because they knew it would cost them Kobe. Do you honestly think the Lakers don't give Shaq an extension if there is no Kobe Bryant around?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

It's all in his book.

Kobe threatened to leave several times, and came out and flat out said if Shaq was still here, he was gone.

The Late Great Dr. Buss made the right decision then, as keeping Kobe was the most important thing. But I fear the FO made the wrong choice this time around.

This is true.

But, Shaq bought his ticket out of town when he cursed out Dr. Buss.

Phil bought his when a young and eager-to-learn-from-and-please-Phil Kobe met his new coach who quickly strengthened the Kobe/Shaq division by boldly siding with Shaq from the jump.

I always thought it was a HUGE testament to how badly Kobe wanted to win by agreeing to Phil's return and even embracing him after all PJ had done and wrote in that slanderous defamation job he pulled in "The Last Season".

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject:

Kobe824 wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

YOU SAID KOBE DEMANDED SHAQ BE TRADED.. WHICH WAS NOT THE CASE.. The Clippers thought they had him, so dont try to blame Kobe for Shaq Leaving, Shaq himself has said Kobe didnt run him out of town, he requested to leave.. Stop Drinking the ESPN Kool Aid. Its fashionable to blame Kobe for everything, easy target.
Glove
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject:

We were guilty of some serious hubris in this whole ordeal. There were reports that Howard didn't want to come here but we traded for him with no guarantees he'd return because we assumed he'd just want to be a Laker.

I'm glad we were aggressive in trying to improve and trying to set us up with a franchise player for the future, but it does feel like there was just an assumption that it would work out in the end despite the evidence to the contrary.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

It's all in his book.

This is true.

But, Shaq bought his ticket out of town when he cursed out Dr. Buss.

Phil bought his when a young and eager-to-learn-from-and-please Phil showed up and quickly strengthened the Kobe/Shaq division by boldly siding with Shaq from the jump.

I always thought it was a HUGE testament to how badly Kobe wanted to win by agreeing to Phil's return and even embracing him after all PJ had done and wrote in that slanderous defamation job he pulled in "The Last Season".

I dont know what part of this people cant or wont understand.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 841, 842, 843, 844  Next
Page 842 of 844
Jump to: