All-Time League 2013 General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject:

(bleep), looks like Atlanta has the same problem with Dudley Bradley. And it's his third best season that looks almost identical to his split season.

Edit: Didn't see your last post, GT. I'll use his fifth and get your sim going.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Detroit Gems win their home opener behind a huge first quarter, Patrick Ewing's 20 point, 16 rebound performance, and Magic Johnson's near triple double. James Worthy added 16 on 8/12 from the field. Elvin Hayes led the Hoosiers with a 17 point, 13 rebound, 5 block performance, and Walt Bellamy added 19 points, 12 boards, and 6 swats, but the Hoosiers couldn't overcome their 39% shooting from the field as team.

Hickory Hoosiers 89
Detroit Gems 100

link

Suck on it!

Trash talk has begun!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:
(bleep), looks like Atlanta has the same problem with Dudley Bradley. And it's his third best season that looks almost identical to his split season.

Edit: Didn't see your last post, GT. I'll use his fifth and get your sim going.

Thanks. Hope it's not a problem.

I'll be back later tonight to sim the rest of the games.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Detroit Gems win their home opener behind a huge first quarter, Patrick Ewing's 20 point, 16 rebound performance, and Magic Johnson's near triple double. James Worthy added 16 on 8/12 from the field. Elvin Hayes led the Hoosiers with a 17 point, 13 rebound, 5 block performance, and Walt Bellamy added 19 points, 12 boards, and 6 swats, but the Hoosiers couldn't overcome their 39% shooting from the field as team.

Hickory Hoosiers 89
Detroit Gems 100

link

Suck on it!

Trash talk has begun!

Man, I actually beat you more often than not in my practice runs too. Next time, Encina.

And GT, I understand why Bellamy has to use his 5th best season, I won't complain if others get their 3rd.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject:

this split year problem is why i wanted to clarify gar heard's 4th best season.he has a split also so his 4th best season is 74/75
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject:

Damn, I didn't even realize that was an issue with Bradley. I don't like his fifth season as much as the split fourth. lol
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Damn, I didn't even realize that was an issue with Bradley. I don't like his fifth season as much as the split fourth. lol

Yeah, although I think whatif messed up somewhere along the line. It seems they've given him three seasons for 87-88 (his split plus another season). So while it looks like his fourth best season is his split during 87-88, there is also his third best season which is also 87-88. Basically, I think his fifth best season is actually supposed to be his fourth best season. You might be best off picking up a FA if you don't like that season.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I have been doing my practice sims with Dantley's 5th best season anyway (just didn't realize it until last night), so I'm fine if that's the year you want to go with.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I simmed against him quite a bit with DRob at center, so I have to say that Dwight absolutely shut Lanier down. We need that Dwight to come back next year!

Then again, Tim Hardaway somehow limited Michael Jordan in the same game, so what do I know?

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
I simmed against him quite a bit with DRob at center, so I have to say that Dwight absolutely shut Lanier down. We need that Dwight to come back next year!

Then again, Tim Hardaway somehow limited Michael Jordan in the same game, so what do I know?

I didn't run Hardaway at SG in that game. Iverson & Cunningham got the SG minutes. Composite's rotation was somewhat nonsensical.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

I didn't run Hardaway at SG in that game. Iverson & Cunningham got the SG minutes. Composite's rotation was somewhat nonsensical.

Per the game log, Hardaway was still the player who was matched up with Jordan on the defensive end.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Per the game log, Hardaway was still the player who was matched up with Jordan on the defensive end.

Ah, gotcha.
TheSixthRing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I ran 50 simulations and won 70% of the games at home against Cleveland. Stupid sim!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject:

My win was bitter sweet... hate it when the Lakers lose.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
My win was bitter sweet... hate it when the Lakers lose.

That particular game in real life was Magic's first game of his career, when Kareem hit the game winner and Magic went nuts. October 12, 1979.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject:

I've concluded that this simulator is stunted. It keeps putting Larry Bird at center (where he has less than 100% eff) when Samuel Dalembert and Larry Nance are in the game. I suppose it's okay, since it allows AC Green to defend him...

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
I've concluded that this simulator is stunted. It keeps putting Larry Bird at center (where he has less than 100% eff) when Samuel Dalembert and Larry Nance are in the game. I suppose it's okay, since it allows AC Green to defend him...

But it loves Robinson, so it's all good...
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I just simmed a 32/11/8/7/5 game for Robinson. More Larry Bird at center!

With that said, Chicago is an absolutely horrific matchup for me. I've been tinkering for a while and still can't find a lineup I like...

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject:

It's almost midnight and I have a bit of time, so I'm going to get started on tomorrow's games.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:

Well, whatevers. I thought we would get a login to a league interface. Without a place to view updated stats of players in our league, it's not as fun. But then again, this is a simulation league based on stats that have already occurred. So maybe I'm confusing my expectations with fantasy basketball.

Then again, why couldn't we keep updated stats on this simulated alternate reality? But that would be too much work to ask GT to calculate stats every night. LOL!
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Yes, but at 2-0, I'm starting the season better than MDA did.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject:

composite wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

LOL...but can you fix your rotation so I know what minutes you want guys playing at particular positions?
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject:

Elvin Hayes 2-9
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
composite wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

LOL...but can you fix your rotation so I know what minutes you want guys playing at particular positions?

Already did. Although I should probably stick with the rotation you had. If you ever want to be assistant coach with Cleveland, just let me know.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject:

composite wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
composite wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Already did. Although I should probably stick with the rotation you had. If you ever want to be assistant coach with Cleveland, just let me know.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17
Jump to: