All-Time League 2013 (Draft Complete)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I super regret Ron Harper. I was thinking too much about defensive rating and forgot about efficiency. I may not even end up playing him that much, which makes it a complete waste of an early pick.

Harper's a guy who does a lot of stuff well, and the efficiency isn't that bad. You can live with a guy like him as a starter you put on the other guy's best wing.

But his usage rate is also higher. Battier and McMillan can do what I need him for with relatively equal defense, better 3pt shooting, higher efficiency and lower usage. I think the sim also values offense significantly more than defense, so efficiency is likely a pretty big variable.

I will say though, that when AK plays for me, looking at the play by play is awesome. He plays exactly how you would think he would - all over the place making hustle plays.

I agree, given that you nabbed other guys to do the same thing. Like I said, i made a similar mistake early on Havlicek vs Frazier (both with the 90 D, but Frazier with higher EFG%, and I took Havlicek primarily on the fact that he's a 3 position guy I can move all over). I fixed mine by taking a high efficency and high usage guy to basically drive Hondo's usage down and still use the good stuff about him.

And you're right, I'm seeing a distinct trend of offense being more important than D. Although when i put Havlicek on Magic Johnson in sims, it definitely helped lower Magic's stats.

Put Hondo on Magic how? Does the sim just put the best defensive player on the best offensive player automatically (within reason), or do you have to set them by position?

I put Hondo at PG (he's 100% eligible at 1,2, and 3) and shifted my roster around a bit, and it really worked.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Boston selects Lionel Hollins, PG.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Boston selects Lionel Hollins, PG.

Maybe Boston will select him twice!

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Paul Arizin
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Paul Arizin

NBA 50 greatest member. Picked #257. Hoooooray stats!

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject:

What are the rules for waivers? Once the draft is done, how do we go about dropping players and picking them up from the remaining draft pool?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
What are the rules for waivers? Once the draft is done, how do we go about dropping players and picking them up from the remaining draft pool?

I don't think we do. The whole point is to draft your twelve and go to it.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Well what I might want to do is exchange one player for someone who wasn't drafted before we start the games. I'll assume I can do so once the draft is over unless anyone has an objection.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Well what I might want to do is exchange one player for someone who wasn't drafted before we start the games. I'll assume I can do so once the draft is over unless anyone has an objection.

What if two guys want to get the same guy? And since we aren't playing with injuries (we're simming each game one off) or guys having decline or breakout seasons, why should we drop players?
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Im with 24.whats the point of drafting a guy if you didnt want him.Who decides the waiver draft order? Roll with your 12 and lets get this show on the road.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
Im with 24.whats the point of drafting a guy if you didnt want him.Who decides the waiver draft order? Roll with your 12 and lets get this show on the road.

Aye, I thought this was going to be just pick our dudes, allocate minutes and let the machine figure it out. Nice and simple and I'm sure some of us followed Goldenthroat's banner (yeah, I can't get GoT out of my mind) based on that notion. Other than just to hang out with the rest of the LG knuckleheads of course.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I don't even support trades once the rosters are set.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't really plan on any myself, but I personally wouldn't have any problems with people making trades, as long as it doesn't slow down the simulations. The sims are going to take a long time, so if people want to make a trade behind the scenes, I see no harm.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
Im with 24.whats the point of drafting a guy if you didnt want him.

Because I am doing it before we start the games just as if I drafted the guy. It would be one thing if I did it after the games started, but I am asking to do it before the games started.

On a separate note, I actually think we should be allowed to swap players after the season has started as well - but that is a separate point I'll address at the end of my post.

Quote:
Who decides the waiver draft order?

We could make it like round 13 (or more if people wanted additional "mulligans"), the same way we have been drafting. Of course, that would mean I would be #2 the next round (in waiver priority) if we kept going the same order. However, I don't really care, if it mattered that much to everyone, make me last.

Quote:
Roll with your 12 and lets get this show on the road.

That's exactly what I am trying to do. Find my 12 players before the season starts. The effect would be the same as if I drafted the player. Also, I don't see how it would matter to anyone since I would be picking up a player no one else wanted - that doesn't give me any more of a competitive advantage than if I had simply drafted the player. I don't see the logic in saying it isn't fair. However, if it just doesn't "feel" right, okay then. Anyway, I'll leave it to GT to decide.

24 wrote:
I don't even support trades once the rosters are set.

I do. The same with a waiver wire. I thought this would play out the same as any fantasy league. Part of the fun is strategy. It makes sense to permit roster moves because as people get a better understanding of how their team plays (and how they stack up against each other), they would make trades and/or pick up players to even out their rosters. In a real NBA season, teams make roster moves. I would prefer that we permit for as much adaptation as possible based on "owner" strategy as the season goes along. The more strategy involved and the more we can react off each other's moves, the more interesting it is for me.

If I want to see how team A would stack up against teams B through Z, I can just run the sims as I have been doing. If nothing is going to change in terms of roster, nothing to stop us from just doing our owns sims now instead of waiting for GT to do the hard labor for us. IMO, it would defeat part of the point if the only strategy required came down to only two variables - drafting and minutes distribution.

Again, I'll leave it to GT to decide, but, you know my vote.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject:

Page 18 rosters updated
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
valrod33
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject:

Momma, there goes that man, Minnesota selects PG Mark Jackson. Hand Down, Man Down
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject:

valrod33 wrote:
Momma, there goes that man, Minnesota selects PG Mark Jackson. Hand Down, Man Down

Bench F - Carmelo Anthony, Charles Oakley
Bench G - Stephon Marbury, Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Mark Jackson

You like them Knicks, don't you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
valrod33
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
valrod33 wrote:

Bench F - Carmelo Anthony, Charles Oakley
Bench G - Stephon Marbury, Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Mark Jackson

You like them Knicks, don't you?

Not gonna lie, im a closet knicks fan
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

We could make it like round 13 (or more if people wanted additional "mulligans"), the same way we have been drafting. Of course, that would mean I would be #2 the next round (in waiver priority) if we kept going the same order. However, I don't really care, if it mattered that much to everyone, make me last.

I wouldn't mind this. As I mentioned before, I made an error in drafting a player who had a split season I didn't immediately catch. I don't know if others did this too or selected someone with ABA years.

Make it a one-time amnesty round.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject:

i have nothing against trading,im for trading as long as there is deadline.if you want to waive players i think you should have to wait until the season has started.maybe 15/20 games.then the last place teams would get first dibs on waived players.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
i have nothing against trading,im for trading as long as there is deadline.if you want to waive players i think you should have to wait until the season has started.maybe 15/20 games.then the last place teams would get first dibs on waived players.

Since LS made his case for, I'll make mine against:

If we wanted to make drops, we should have drafted 14 and keep 12, or some such. Adding a single extra round now is not only advantageous to the guys with high picks in the draft order, but also penalizes the guys who drafted well.

I'm even more against in season waivers, where guys can go get a player or two specifically for matchups, forcing me to not only sim against future opponents, but then do it again when they pick up a player or 3 to combat my roster. Just for reference, I've been able to put together teams of undrafted guys who are able to perform well against existing teams because I can target specific things and combinations when I have that access to players. I just don't think it fits what we were trying to do.

We're not dealing with an automated system here like a Yahoo fantasy league (and we're also not dealing with the ups and downs of player careers and injuries, our guys' performance level is locked in) where you can handle waiver drops and pickups and all that goes with it. GT and whomever he gets help from are going to be hand simulating 900 games, featuring 1800 lineup entries. There's a lot of stategy in whom you play how much and where against a specific player, and that makes for a nice ongoing chess match, since on average, we will play each other 4 times.

Mostly, this wasn't supposed to be a full on fantasy league. It was about guys drafting a team and then adjusting their match ups to the competition. Some of us worked hard on our research to come up with teams that have flexibility to adapt to different types of teams and situations, and we weren't expecting a league where we would have to adapt to player streaming and other things. It is supposed to be a pretty simple things.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject:

i stated before i was against a waiver draft.i only suggest in season to make it fair if Gt decides to do it.i as well put alot of thought into my draft and would not drop any of my players.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Since LS made his case for, I'll make mine against:

Are we using a civil jury or a criminal one? I think I can get 9 out of 12, not so sure about a unanimous verdict.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject:

I'd vote no because that is the point of the draft. Shoulda done your homework! Also, it will prolong and already long process.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Paul Arizin

NBA 50 greatest member. Picked #257. Hoooooray stats!

There are going to be quite a number of 50 Greatest who won't be drafted at all.

Sam Jones anyone?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 71 of 73
Jump to: