May 16th: "Bryant joins Barkley in the booth" Vlade gets an Award

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: May 16th: "Bryant joins Barkley in the booth" Vlade gets an Award

Bryant joins Barkley in the booth

The Orange County Register

Kobe Bryant will have a chance to confront Charles Barkley on the air when the Lakers star serves as a guest analyst in TNT's studio Wednesday.

Last edited by Phil on Tue May 16, 2006 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject:

Bryant to Make TNT Appearance
Mike Bresnahan, From Times Staff and Wire Reports
May 16, 2006

Kobe Bryant will appear as a guest analyst on Wednesday night's TNT playoff doubleheader, a public follow-up to his text-message battle with TNT analyst Charles Barkley.

Bryant, who will provide in-studio analysis, was irritated when Barkley called him "very selfish" in the wake of the Lakers' 121-90 Game 7 loss to Phoenix in the first round of the playoffs.

Bryant scored 24 points but had only one in the second half. He missed all three of his shots in the last half.

"I think he stopped shooting so he could say, 'Those guys didn't help me,' " Barkley said at the time.

Barkley said he received 20 text messages from Bryant protesting his opinion.
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject:

Vlade Divac, Global Basketball Ambassador and Tireless Philanthropist, Awarded Ellis Island Medal of Honor

Download this press release as an Adobe PDF document.

Vlade Divac, recently retired NBA All-Star and current scout with the Los Angeles Lakers, whose achievements off the court are as impressive as those he had on the court, was awarded the Ellis Island Medal of Honor on May 13, 2006. According to National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations, “The Ellis Island Medals of Honor pay tribute to the ancestry groups that comprise America’s unique cultural mosaic.”

(PRWEB) May 16, 2006 -- Vlade Divac, recently retired NBA All-Star and current scout with the Los Angeles Lakers, whose achievements off the court are as impressive as those he had on the court, was awarded the Ellis Island Medal of Honor on May 13, 2006. The National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations awards the medal to outstanding American citizens who live a life dedicated to community service, promoting American values, and building bridges between ethnic communities living within the United States and abroad. According to NECO, “The Ellis Island Medals of Honor pay tribute to the ancestry groups that comprise America’s unique cultural mosaic.”

“I was very honored and humbled to be included into such a distinguished group of medalists. Receiving the Ellis Island Medal of Honor was one of the highlights of my life and I certainly plan to contribute to this great nation for many years to come. I would like to thank all the immigrants who enabled my family to live in this country as well as all Serbian people who I had a chance to proudly represent at this wonderful event. " - Vlade Divac, Los Angeles Lakers
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: